Wind Noise on Passenger Side

MocasJL

First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
I would demand the service manager ride with you in another JL on the lot and if does not have the noise it is not "normal". Or try another dealer.
I think I will take it to a different dealer, thank you.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Coder

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
So I had the same and found the problem to be: the windshield bolt. If your windshield was ever folded down you have to take off the bolts behind the sun visors. Check those to see if any are loose. Once I tightened it up the noise went away.
Thanks for the tip, my 2019 JLU as done this since the day I drove it home from the dealer I will try this and report back.

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Start using painters tape on gaps and seals to isolate the problem. That is how they figured out I had a bad door seal and replaced it. Figure it out for them and they will have no choice but to fix.

jsmn_jl

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
So has there been any definitive fix for this or have folks had door seal, window seal, windshield seals all create this? I also have a 2019 JLU and have the wind noise issue on the passenger side with both soft top and hard top on starting about 40mph. Get up to highway speeds and you have to yell to talk over it. I came from a 2dr JK so am familiar with the fact that you are driving a brick, but to have one side that much noisier than the other is unacceptable.

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
So has there been any definitive fix for this or have folks had door seal, window seal, windshield seals all create this? I also have a 2019 JLU and have the wind noise issue on the passenger side with both soft top and hard top on starting about 40mph. Get up to highway speeds and you have to yell to talk over it. I came from a 2dr JK so am familiar with the fact that you are driving a brick, but to have one side that much noisier than the other is unacceptable.
Hi Matt,
We certainly understand why this may be frustrating. I see you have gotten some advice from your fellow forum member. However, should you be unable to remedy this on your own and decide to visit your dealer, feel free to loop us in if assistance is needed throughout your dealer visit. Our team is available via private message.
Alex
JeepCares

Sponsored

jsmn_jl

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hi Matt,
We certainly understand why this may be frustrating. I see you have gotten some advice from your fellow forum member. However, should you be unable to remedy this on your own and decide to visit your dealer, feel free to loop us in if assistance is needed throughout your dealer visit. Our team is available via private message.
Alex
JeepCares
Thanks Alex. Have done some testing and seemingly this is the only way I can drive without a ton of noise so this is my prep for my 400 mile trip tomorrow! Will take it into the dealership and let you know what they say.

flagtape.jpg

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I drove my JLUR thru a car wash and got sprayed in the face. The door seal is a joke.

...on me,

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Thanks Alex. Have done some testing and seemingly this is the only way I can drive without a ton of noise so this is my prep for my 400 mile trip tomorrow! Will take it into the dealership and let you know what they say.

flagtape.jpg
Thank you for keeping us in the loop, Matt!
Alex
JeepCares
Sponsored