Sponsored

Passenger A Pillar Wind Noise

xtraham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited
Since day 1 my JL has had awful wind noise coming from the passenger A pillar. I've read that others have the same issue. Today a fellow JL owner told me that he went to lower his windshield for the first time and discovered that the passenger A pillar bolt that holds the windshield in was hanging by a couple of threads. I checked my Passenger A pillar bolt and sure enough, mine was hanging by a couple threads also. The driver side was tightened down. It looks like some 2018-19 builds from the factory weren't tightened properly. Note I haven't had the chance to drive at highway speed to see if tightening the bolt got rid of the wind noise, but just a heads up... check the bolt.
Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Since day 1 my JL has had awful wind noise coming from the passenger A pillar. I've read that others have the same issue. Today a fellow JL owner told me that he went to lower his windshield for the first time and discovered that the passenger A pillar bolt that holds the windshield in was hanging by a couple of threads. I checked my Passenger A pillar bolt and sure enough, mine was hanging by a couple threads also. The driver side was tightened down. It looks like some 2018-19 builds from the factory weren't tightened properly. Note I haven't had the chance to drive at highway speed to see if tightening the bolt got rid of the wind noise, but just a heads up... check the bolt.
Did it fix it? I too have very loud wind noise from that specific area. Sounds like the upper corner.
Sponsored