Sponsored

“A pillar” wind noise

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
You would need a team of world-class attorneys to get a judge not to laugh at this. He’d still throw it out, he’d just do it with a straight face.

I understand the frustration. I agree, it’s not normal. But it’s not lemon lawable. Don’t spend a dime on an attorney.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Waderman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep jl rubicon
Well, I’ll consult with one of these attorneys at the proper time, they actually don’t charge you for their services, if the case is successful, the manufacture has to pay their fees. If the case is not successful, they don’t get paid. That’s the chance they take, at least that’s how it works in Wisconsin. Consequently, I have nothing to lose by pursuing a lemon lawsuit if I cannot get this problem fixed.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I'd seriously try another dealer. FCA dealers are just like franchised McDonald's. I've been to some really nice ones and been to some really shitty ones.

TheDirtyDangla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6 E-Torque
You would need a team of world-class attorneys to get a judge not to laugh at this. He’d still throw it out, he’d just do it with a straight face.

I understand the frustration. I agree, it’s not normal. But it’s not lemon lawable. Don’t spend a dime on an attorney.

OP I would not follow this guy's advice. I work for a Nissan dealer in PA and we have had buybacks and lemons for simple electronic stuff that just never seemed to want to work (bluetooth for instance). Had one over the winter wear a woman heard a clicking noise making a right turn at like 20-35mph. Half the time of our techs couldn't even replicate it. Your dealership won't be involved in the process much longer though it will be Jeep/FCA. The dealer will facilitate a replacement if things go through.

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
Well, I’ll consult with one of these attorneys at the proper time, they actually don’t charge you for their services, if the case is successful, the manufacture has to pay their fees. If the case is not successful, they don’t get paid. That’s the chance they take, at least that’s how it works in Wisconsin. Consequently, I have nothing to lose by pursuing a lemon lawsuit if I cannot get this problem fixed.
From somebody who has been through a buy back, I wouldn't involve an attorney. Give a few more dealers a chance to try and fix the issue and document everything (open a case with Jeep Wave). Let them keep the Jeep as long as they want and put you in a rental. If it doesn't get fixed, email the FCA CEO (Mike Manley). Your request will get passed to an Executive Referrals Manager. They will have the authority to make something happen. Once I got to this stage, things moved quickly and I was offered a very fair deal. I'm sure I came out better than if I had involved an attorney.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Waderman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep jl rubicon
Hey thank you very much for the information. I’ll definitely consider that. What exactly is jeep wave?

Christate1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport PMC
Occupation
Nurse / Medical Examiner
Vehicle Showcase
The first Jeep we test drive the passenger side have very fond wind noise the one we bought did not. It’s a problem for sure.

MDNERD

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
JL Wrangler 2020. Had A-pillar wind noise >30 mph, much like described in other posts, since day 1. Dealer ordered a sealant from JEEP, and resealed the inside of the windshield. Noise totally gone. Hope this helps others with same problem. I tried taping all over but that never quite isolated the site of the noise. Never leaked water, just the nuisance noise, glad it is gone.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I had some wind noise on mine I thought was coming from the passenger side but the dealer discovered the driver side cowl panel had come loose a little. They tightened it down and no more noise.

Is this your first Wrangler? Fold down windshield, upright windshield, freedom panels, soft top - naturally noisy. Do you have a recording of the noise? Wranglers are noisy especially at highway speed. But buyback/lemon? I'd say sell it and buy a Lexus. Haven't you learned reading on this forum that FCA is a non-caring, corrupt company and Wranglers are junk?

Sponsored

MDNERD

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
I had some wind noise on mine I thought was coming from the passenger side but the dealer discovered the driver side cowl panel had come loose a little. They tightened it down and no more noise.

Is this your first Wrangler? Fold down windshield, upright windshield, freedom panels, soft top - naturally noisy. Do you have a recording of the noise? Wranglers are noisy especially at highway speed. But buyback/lemon? I'd say sell it and buy a Lexus. Haven't you learned reading on this forum that FCA is a non-caring, corrupt company and Wranglers are junk?
It is my 3rd Wrangler. So far, FCA has been great, their customer service was quick, responsive, made sure the sealant got to the dealer, followed up all the way till the problem was fixed. I will buy another product from them.

TheEddie

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
I've had the same issue since day one, although I'd describe the noise on mine as sort of a radio-static-like "crackle" noise. My local dealership took a shot at a fix by replacing the rubber around the driver's door glass. At first I thought it was fixed but on a recent desert trip (lots of wind) it's back in full effect. I think it's turbulence or the like around the mirror, but that's just a theory. I'm interested to hear if someone gets it fixed.
I have the same issue and have always thought I would be crazy to mention it. Almost like a sizzle.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
I have the same issue and have always thought I would be crazy to mention it. Almost like a sizzle.
I've learned to live with it. I put a Bestop sunrider top on which is way noisier anyway. As it turns out, the little black plastic triangular piece at the front of the window is the culprit. Try taping it up and go for a freeway drive and see if the noise goes away. If it does, then you might consider sealing it with silicon or the like if the noise bothers you.

TheEddie

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
I've learned to live with it. I put a Bestop sunrider top on which is way noisier anyway. As it turns out, the little black plastic triangular piece at the front of the window is the culprit. Try taping it up and go for a freeway drive and see if the noise goes away. If it does, then you might consider sealing it with silicon or the like if the noise bothers you.
I have a Sunrider as well, love it. I pay more attention to to sound in the Winter with the Jeep all closed up. I will troubleshoot that plastic triangle, thanks man!
Sponsored