Instrument Cluster Swap

JIMSTER305

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I am very interested in this. Have been looking for information this on how to do it right and legal. Most dealers in Miami tell me I have to purchase the cluster from them for legal reasons. Miles obviously. Been looking into local license shops that can transfer the data but no luck. I have a 2019 sport s and was able to talk to a parts rep in a local dealer and explained I wanted to upgrade to tech package basically. He got my vin and checked sale codes and these parts seem to be compatible with my vin. He did keep saying that he could not guarantee they would.

Instrument cluster:
68233868AN

Cluster lens ( not sure if needed)
68382520AA

7” with xm:
68420237AC
Bezel:
6AB53TX7AA

Climate control:
6BE28DX9AC

This one is a bit tricky cause they have different ones. My current doesn’t have dual or auto temp control nor park assist. So I knew I get my climate control it will need to be flashed. This has automatic temperature control no park assist. Infotainment.com has a kit but it cost way more.

I pulled the trigger with the radio first will install and verify. Then I’ll move on to climate control and then cluster. I’ll keep posting
Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
@JIMSTER305 the cluster is plug and play, I plan to install my upgraded one today. Found it on eBay and sent it out to get the mileage corrected. New clusters are expensive and have a $500 core charge, don’t know if they will accept a base cluster as a core.

Can’t help on the climate control other than to say the latest Tazer update says it can enable the volume control in a replacement. The climate control from infotainment includes the flash which is why it is so pricey. I say just buy a Tazer because they can do so much more for about the same money as the setup from infotainment.

Gregj

JIMSTER305

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Gregj where did you sent your cluster? Seems you guys make correcting the miles easy but here in Florida seems that is just not something that is easily done. I spoke to a shop that repairs clusters and they say they can’t help me. One guy told me that aside from correcting miles it also needs immobilized programmed. That’s a new for me. They say to just try a dealer. But dealers say they can’t do that . :(

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@JIMSTER305 i sent mine to these folks.

http://www.instrumentclusterstore.com/

Was $110 to get it changed. I mailed it out Monday and got it back Saturday. Haven’t heard about immobilizer in these clusters. If you call them and speak to Bettyann be sure the use her full name, she does not appreciate being called Betty!

The dealer was not interested in assisting here either.
Gregj

David F.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
I am very interested in this. Have been looking for information this on how to do it right and legal. Most dealers in Miami tell me I have to purchase the cluster from them for legal reasons. Miles obviously. Been looking into local license shops that can transfer the data but no luck. I have a 2019 sport s and was able to talk to a parts rep in a local dealer and explained I wanted to upgrade to tech package basically. He got my vin and checked sale codes and these parts seem to be compatible with my vin. He did keep saying that he could not guarantee they would.

Instrument cluster:
68233868AN

Cluster lens ( not sure if needed)
68382520AA

7” with xm:
68420237AC
Bezel:
6AB53TX7AA

Climate control:
6BE28DX9AC

This one is a bit tricky cause they have different ones. My current doesn’t have dual or auto temp control nor park assist. So I knew I get my climate control it will need to be flashed. This has automatic temperature control no park assist. Infotainment.com has a kit but it cost way more.

I pulled the trigger with the radio first will install and verify. Then I’ll move on to climate control and then cluster. I’ll keep posting
From what I remember when going through the 3.5 to 7 inch swap, the climate control is a no go. Different harnesses needed for the temp sensors on top of all the trim pcs. Not saying it CAN'T be done, I am just saying from what I remember if turned out to be way more than anticipated. If you tackle it, please post a DIY.

Thank you,

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From what I remember when going through the 3.5 to 7 inch swap, the climate control is a no go. Different harnesses needed for the temp sensors on top of all the trim pcs. Not saying it CAN'T be done, I am just saying from what I remember if turned out to be way more than anticipated. If you tackle it, please post a DIY.

Thank you,
Both Tazer and Infotainment have the climate control issue sorted out with a flash.

https://www.infotainment.com/products/jeep-wrangler-jl-hvac-climate-control-kit

https://www.zautomotive.com/tazer-jl-updates/

Gregj

David F.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
But the actual act of taking temperature was the issue. Adding the sensor was a big deal from what I remember. I will be honest, it has been 6 months since I looked into it so something more may have come out but it wasn't so much a software issue as a hardware issue.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well despite what the buttons on the climate control say you will still only have single zone climate control but it will be automatic. Watch the video I linked to above for more info. Much has changed in the six months since you did your swap.

Gregj

JIMSTER305

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@JIMSTER305 i sent mine to these folks.

http://www.instrumentclusterstore.com/

Was $110 to get it changed. I mailed it out Monday and got it back Saturday. Haven’t heard about immobilizer in these clusters. If you call them and speak to Bettyann be sure the use her full name, she does not appreciate being called Betty!

The dealer was not interested in assisting here either.
Gregj
@Gregj What did you tell them when you spoke to them? Did you requested that you just needed the miles corrected on a new cluster? Did they request any other info?

Sponsored

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
5E8D95DF-231B-4BE9-AFA5-E499A7516699.jpeg
To put this thread back on track, my Sport now has a fully functioning premium dash cluster! I can report it is in fact plug and play!
Gregj
Did you use your old tachometer overlay? Good job.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@JIMSTER305 I just told them I was replacing the cluster and needed the mileage corrected, they email you a form to sign and send back acknowledging you understand that tampering with an odometer to misrepresent the mileage is a crime and bla bla bla. They were easy to work with.

@Pic18 the whole cluster is changed out @ChewLola had to use the speedo face because his was a Canadian market cluster.

Thanks! I really like the upgrade!
Gregj

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
421B7961-C3F2-4386-96E4-3A7E456F02DA.jpeg
@Rogues Gambit i got so time to open up the old cluster and can confirm the back lighting and the various warnings lights are surface mount leds. [GALLERY=][/GALLERY] Those little squares are the leds, I’m sure you could put film gels on them to change the color but you would have to do a lot more disassembly to figure out which leds are the back lights. I think it can be done, just not something I’m interested in.
HTH

Gregj

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
421B7961-C3F2-4386-96E4-3A7E456F02DA.jpeg
@Rogues Gambit i got so time to open up the old cluster and can confirm the back lighting and the various warnings lights are surface mount leds. [GALLERY=][/GALLERY] Those little squares are the leds, I’m sure you could put film gels on them to change the color but you would have to do a lot more disassembly to figure out which leds are the back lights. I think it can be done, just not something I’m interested in.
HTH

Gregj
Appreciate you checking it out, shame they don't do what Ford does with MyColor

algoo31

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
How did you find these on Ebay? I'm not seeing the right panel in my search results.
Sponsored