OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
Actually, I wasn't serious. This is my response to how my original post was answered by some others on here. I was looking for some info and got some negative responses.
I wish it was true. I'm waiting for a 2 door Sport S with manual.

No problem. The reason I fell for it, besides desperately wanting it to be true, is that it was a thing once. I factory ordered a 2008 Corvette in 2007. The Canadian dollar was worth more than the US dollar (how I miss those days) and GM was not in good financial shape. Therefore, cars invoiced to Canadian dealers increased their cash flow and were prioritized. Mine ended up being built the first day of the 2008 model year production even though I was nowhere near the first ordering. I know thatā€™s not the case now, but was hoping there were other factors at play.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I've been told that the JL orders/w the 6-spd STICK are on "Backorder" because of material restriction, till MID-MARCH !

Whatever

JIMBOX

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Jeep JLR
I run the statistics based on the number of threads with the same question/s.... would shed a whole new light as to why the ā€œsmart assā€ replies is growing in frequency. More of comical relief than anything.

Except Rubi.... I just like to pick on Rubi for being obnoxious with the whole 2 door/Sting gray crap with bashing FCA cause he feel disrespected.
Nathan, Nathan, Nathan; Iā€™m so very sorry for being an evil OBNOXIOUS person. Hereā€™s what Iā€™m going to do for you to help you solve your problem. You need some advice; you should seriously look into seeing a psychiatrist and tell him or her your problem. Tell them, youā€™ll probably need two shrinks, this evil internet person is taking over my life; Iā€™m constantly leaving posts to hopefully annoy him. Then say please, PLEASE help me.

Or better yet, to help you save some money; tell your mommy about this internet boogeyman. She will say this as she tucks you into bed; Nathan my sweet boy this Rubi boogeyman is not an evil person and means you no harm.

Thatā€™s all the advice I can give you Nathan; have a happy and sane life.

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer
Nathan, Nathan, Nathan; Iā€™m so very sorry for being an evil OBNOXIOUS person. Hereā€™s what Iā€™m going to do for you to help you solve your problem. You need some advice; you should seriously look into seeing a psychiatrist and tell him or her your problem. Tell them, youā€™ll probably need two shrinks, this evil internet person is taking over my life; Iā€™m constantly leaving posts to hopefully annoy him. Then say please, PLEASE help me.

Or better yet, to help you save some money; tell your mommy about this internet boogeyman. She will say this as she tucks you into bed; Nathan my sweet boy this Rubi boogeyman is not an evil person and means you no harm.

Thatā€™s all the advice I can give you Nathan; have a happy and sane life.

Bahaha! Thatā€™s comical. Sleep tight and kisses my dearest Rubi ;)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Jeep JLR
Bahaha! Thatā€™s comical. Sleep tight and kisses my dearest Rubi ;)
Nate,

I liked your original response, why did you change it?

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nate,

I liked your original response, why did you change it?
I keep forgetting some here are easily offended even if not addressed directly.... so I dialed it back a bit for the sake of the ā€œthinā€ skins getting butthurt ;)

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
I've been told that the JL orders/w the 6-spd STICK are on "Backorder" because of material restriction, till MID-MARCH !

Whatever

JIMBOX
please

please be wrong

please be wrong as shit

trble

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Disabled Vet
I keep forgetting some here are easily offended even if not addressed directly.... so I dialed it back a bit for the sake of the ā€œthinā€ skins getting butthurt ;)
I'm Offended you would think that! :giggle:

orey22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Jeep Wrangler 2dr / 2019 JL 2dr
Where's the petition to stop all JLU production, and concentrate on JL production!!! Tired of all these 4 doors rolling off the lines, and why does the diesel only go in a JLU....2drs are getting crapped on!! :angry:

Sponsored

Vintage

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
Where's the petition to stop all JLU production, and concentrate on JL production!!! Tired of all these 4 doors rolling off the lines, and why does the diesel only go in a JLU....2drs are getting crapped on!! :angry:
I suspect the FCA makes more money on the 4 doors; plus, they will sell many more 4 doors than 2 in this JL cycle! However, I caution you that I believe in most conspiracy theories.

FireWire

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram EcoDiesel, Polaris RZR900, 2018 JL Sport S
I have a 2dr, manual, soft top on order. It was ordered Jan 18.
About 10 days ago I checked on the status. FCA rep told me it was waiting for parts to start the build.
Yesterday I checked again and was told all the parts were in.
That seems like a good sign.

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
I have a 2dr, manual, soft top on order. It was ordered Jan 18.
About 10 days ago I checked on the status. FCA rep told me it was waiting for parts to start the build.
Yesterday I checked again and was told all the parts were in.
That seems like a good sign.
Did you contact FCA to speak to a rep or do you know someone that is a rep? The reason I ask is that I've been trying to find a way to get info on Canadian orders from FCA. I do have dealer provided POC updates, but they are not coinciding with factory tracking. US residents can get updates from chat on their FCA website, but I can't find a chat function on the Canadian site. I'm not desperate enough yet to try phoning and going through the hold and transfer hell.

FireWire

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram EcoDiesel, Polaris RZR900, 2018 JL Sport S
Did you contact FCA to speak to a rep or do you know someone that is a rep? The reason I ask is that I've been trying to find a way to get info on Canadian orders from FCA. US residents can get updates from chat on their FCA website, but I can't find a chat function on the Canadian site. I'm not desperate enough yet to try phoning and going through the hold and transfer hell.
I did a chat both times. I used a link I saw on this forum. It was the main site, not Canadian.
Sponsored