Paying MSRP

MikeJenkins

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Bay Jeep in Panama City and Hill Kelly in Pensacola will not go a dollar below MSRP. Is anyone seeing this anywhere else?

Bay Jeep has had 4 JLs for over a month and they have not moved. They don’t seem like they are in a hurry to sell them.
Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Bay Jeep in Panama City and Hill Kelly in Pensacola will not go a dollar below MSRP. Is anyone seeing this anywhere else?

Bay Jeep has had 4 JLs for over a month and they have not moved. They don’t seem like they are in a hurry to sell them.
I have seen this... And I said have a good day and went about my business ordering elsewhere.

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
In my area, there are probably more than 20 Jeep dealerships in a 100-mile radius of my house. If one won't go below MSRP, I'll reach out to the other 20.

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Way too many other options to fool with them. Take your business and money elsewhere...

Drew777x

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW 340i; JLUR Billet - Coming Soon!
I spoke to a few dealers that weren't very interested in making a deal. I didn't get 5% below invoice. I got around 3% below if you make the fees equal to Koons. I'm in SC. Flying to VA and driving hundreds of miles home wasn't worth it.

I used to live up the road from you in Dothan AL. I ended up having to drive to ATL to get a deal on my JK.

Sponsored

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I am paying $5,222 under MSRP. 6% below invoice. 11% below MSRP.

I expect dealer stock to cost a little more than an order. This will be true for quite a while. Most people want instant gratification and don't want to wait for an order. Supply and demand is king.

Doug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 69 firebird convertible

I live in jacksonville and travel for my job. I visited just about every dealer within 200 miles including bay jeep, and found the same thing. I ended up getting an incredible deal at the local dealer after a friend pulled a favor, but he is willing to do 3% under invoice plus $500 more for active or retired military if you want. I can’t say enough about how good the experience has been so far compared to the clowns I dealt with everywhere else.

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Ya know, there is a thread going on here singing the praises of a dealership up in Pa (Cunningham Chrysler https://www.cunninghamchrysler.com/ ) and how good they treated him. Well, I decided to call the and let the salesman "Joey" know that what they did was out of this world. The guy was extremely nice and told me if I ever needed a vehicle to call him and they'd ship to me. I'd give 'em a call. With all the bad stories out there, these guys seem to actually get the concept of customer service. Just my .02

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ory-with-my-buying-experience-must-read.4003/

Hughesonthenet

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue 2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
IT Director

Most Florida dealers don't seem to be interested in under invoice pricing. There is a dealer in Palatka FL (Beck) that does a few points below invoice but also has a high doc fee. They'd be about five-six hours away from Pensacola. You may want to check them out. If you don't mind some travel mixed in, you could check out Superior Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram in Conway AR (9 hours from Pensacola). Kim is the contact there and she will do 5 - 6% below invoice with only a $130 doc fee!

UGC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
I live in jacksonville and travel for my job. I visited just about every dealer within 200 miles including bay jeep, and found the same thing. I ended up getting an incredible deal at the local dealer after a friend pulled a favor, but he is willing to do 3% under invoice plus $500 more for active or retired military if you want. I can’t say enough about how good the experience has been so far compared to the clowns I dealt with everywhere else.
Can Iget contact information for the Jacksonville dealer and what is his “doc fee” ?

Sponsored

ERIXJLUR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Crystal Rubicon 2.0L (ordered on 2/12 received on 9/26)
I am paying $5,222 under MSRP. 6% below invoice. 11% below MSRP.
Plus inflated doc fee
Plus airline travel
Plus gas and mileage
Plus time.
Plus DMV/AAA time to re-register vehicle in CA
Plus a possible finance contingency
Plus the chance for some dealer shenanigans

There is a cash value to avoiding the whole out of state rigmarole.

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
Mine was 5% under invoice plus $500 off accessories. I’ve already scene inflated MSRP’s and invoicing. I pitted 3 dealers against one another.. the most expensive swore they wouldn’t be undersold and of course was FOS... these Jeeps are hot and selling but no one should pay MSRP.. you should be at or less than invoice depending on how many dealers you shop.. I’m in Oregon and buying in Idaho... when I purchased my 2014JKUR at the same dealer I’m using now it was 6000 less than my local dealer. Lots of dealer threads on this forum with accurate invoicing prices.

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
I think if you have patience and in about a year when the Jeep truck, Ranger Raptor and Ford Bronco appear on the scene, we will see a shift in JL prices when it's not the hot new kid on the block. Just like 2008.

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
The diesel and like you said the truck is going play a huge role and I would expect a few to sell the gasser and get the diesel.

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
Do you by chance work for a large company? If so, you may want to see if you qualify for the Chrysler Advantage program.

I work for an I/T company and yet, I qualified for their program which gives me invoice pricing on the JL. Any dealer will accept this since they receive a special kickback from FCA.
Sponsored