MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
MSRP: $49k and change
Sale price: $44k

Peterson Jeep Idaho.

Definitely worth saving $$$ and a great memory with my son driving back to CA.
Did the something last month.... The wife and I made a little mini vacay out of the trip and stopped in Tahoe for a few days and had blast hitting some trails in Mammoth and Alabama Hills on the way home off the 395
Built a $53,385 JLUR
paid $47,255 with discount

couldn't have a had a better car buying experience

Last edited:

markbum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Islander
Occupation
Executive Director
Hello! First post. :)

I couldn’t find a thread on actual prices people are paying on orders. Would love to hear what people are paying. I am hearing “I’ll sell for invoice” and “I can’t discount a car I don’t own”. So quite a range. Appreciate thoughts.
I ordered an Islander on March 26 (still waiting on it) and I paid about $2600 less than invoice. Well, I will have paid $2500 less than invoice if the darn thing ever arrives. It seems to me that at the time I ordered all Wranglers had a discount of a percentage (small percentage). My sticker was just over $50K. I think I recall them telling me that ended. IDK if that was the truth, but I noticed when I shopped around to other dealers they did the same thing.

syismaster1

First Name
Sy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
I ordered an Islander on March 26 (still waiting on it) and I paid about $2600 less than invoice. Well, I will have paid $2500 less than invoice if the darn thing ever arrives. It seems to me that at the time I ordered all Wranglers had a discount of a percentage (small percentage). My sticker was just over $50K. I think I recall them telling me that ended. IDK if that was the truth, but I noticed when I shopped around to other dealers they did the same thing.
I was told the same thing. Here in FL they barely discount Jeeps anyways but all the recommended dealers (Lakeland, Demontrond, Koons etc) said only 1-2% off invoice but I ordered from Gupton Motors and they gave 8% off invoice with their financing so the little trip is worth saving that much for me.

Sponsored

DarealUSA

First Name
Kolja
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I was told the same thing. Here in FL they barely discount Jeeps anyways but all the recommended dealers (Lakeland, Demontrond, Koons etc) said only 1-2% off invoice but I ordered from Gupton Motors and they gave 8% off invoice with their financing so the little trip is worth saving that much for me.
nice. Exactly the same for me. Orlando area. Best local deal was ~4% under. Daniel at Gupton was my guy and I’m saving about $2,500 which pays for the trip and then some.

RusM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Jeep Wrangler JL What are you paying on your 2021? Screenshot_20210520-152249

Haven't paid yet, but the sales contract is for $43,500. Kinda wish I'd have gotten the hard top now. Oh well! It's supposed to be here next week! With my $1k deposit and and additional $10k down from selling my Tacoma I'm looking forward to a smaller payment than I've been making!

SilverBug86

First Name
John Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
How much do you guys think the banks are paying the dealership to sign us up at an high interest rate auto loan for 6 months? Between, $49,035 "Invoice". The MSRP was $55,435 according to their program. On the website, the build came out to be $55,165... ??? Couldn't figure out where the extra $270 came from. Not really a buyers market... I'm sure once I sign the paperwork, the very next day the market crashes and my Wrangler resale value will drop 50%. I have that kind of luck in life.

Last edited:

Badfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Occupation
Retired fisherman
Phoenix shopper here; Larry miller wouldn't budge off sticker. Although I was talking with just a clueless salesman and I never took it to the sales manager. Sales told me no 1% FCA affiliate discount. Later I emailed another sales person for a quote on my factory order and never got a reply after the initial hello.

Moore Chrystler Jeep wouldnt move off of MSRP(discussed w/ sales mgr).

Chapman was the one I went with; 5% off invoice(includes treadlightly) and no in house financing. otherwise I was prepared to do a little interstate travel to buy.

Everything here is shopping a factory order.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Phoenix shopper here; Larry miller wouldn't budge off sticker. Although I was talking with just a clueless salesman and I never took it to the sales manager. Sales told me no 1% FCA affiliate discount. Later I emailed another sales person for a quote on my factory order and never got a reply after the initial hello.

Chapman was the one I went with; 5% off invoice(includes treadlightly) and no in house financing. otherwise I was prepared to do a little interstate travel to buy.

Yeah I'm surprised they don't do any kickback financing. Tempe Dodge does, but they wanted $30k over on ordered 392's- even if it didn't require an allocation. ::hilarious::

Sponsored

SuperstitionDevil

First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord

Badfish, I live in Gold Canyon and was also thinking of going out of state for invoice pricing. Do you mind sharing who you dealt with at Chapman to get the 5% below invoice deal? Haven’t had any luck here with local dealerships.

Badfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Occupation
Retired fisherman
Badfish, I live in Gold Canyon and was also thinking of going out of state for invoice pricing. Do you mind sharing who you dealt with at Chapman to get the 5% below invoice deal? Haven’t had any luck here with local dealerships.
[email protected]
*** I went to 4 dealerships only and was talking with a dealer in Fort Collins CO. I liked Brandon at Chapman as out of all the phoenix sales guys he was the most knowledgeable...new in industry but nice to deal w/. Of course negotiations went to sales manager in the end.

***Removed salesman info; PM me for information. I removed based on the fact that I'm not complete with the transaction on this individual and if anything goes south I would change my recco.

Last edited:

Badfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Occupation
Retired fisherman
Yeah I'm surprised they don't do any kickback financing. Tempe Dodge does, but they wanted $30k over on ordered 392's- even if it didn't require an allocation. ::hilarious::
Yeah 392 was on my radar but was not experiencing much wiggle room on price for that. Since plenty of regular Rubicons being made I figured there was more room to get a deal on them....and less wait time on those since I was told I couldn't get a 21 MY one... my order would be likely filled in 2022.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Yeah 392 was on my radar but was not experiencing much wiggle room on price for that. Since plenty of regular Rubicons being made I figured there was more room to get a deal on them....and less wait time on those since I was told I couldn't get a 21 MY one... my order would be likely filled in 2022.
DM me if you want a 392 under invoice with a '21 delivery.

Badfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Occupation
Retired fisherman
DM me if you want a 392 under invoice with a '21 delivery.
TY; if anything falls thru with my current pending order I may change my mind to a 392. I'm willing to wait for a build so whats a little more time. lol
Sponsored