2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

Donncada

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep JLURD, '94 Jeep YJ, '89 Jeep XJ (RIP)
Clubs

They pretty much denied it and said they don't see how overspray went that far or blew that direction.
LOL Yeah! Over spray floats in the wind... As others stated--clay bar technique works. Start with clear coat, then plastics, then finish with the glass surfaces. If the spots on glass are stubborn then take a brand new razor blade at shallow angle; again with lubricant.

John D

OP
OP

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
LOL Yeah! Over spray floats in the wind... As others stated--clay bar technique works. Start with clear coat, then plastics, then finish with the glass surfaces. If the spots on glass are stubborn then take a brand new razor blade at shallow angle; again with lubricant.

John D
Okay thanks bro

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
had a similar thing happen on a car I had in for a bumper respray. About 2 weeks later I washed the car and wiped it off and it had a rough almost sand paper texture to it. Took it back to the repair shop and they did a detail using clay bar, car came back good as new. I would pay for a detail and maybe your neighbor would be willing to cover the cost or half of the cost of the detail...

Sponsored

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
It's a lot cheaper maybe I'll give it try first.
Good luck. That really stinks. Probably best to just take care of it yourself. You already called your neighbor out and deep down he knows he did it. Maybe he will think twice next time.

MntsRcalln

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2011 Dodge Ram Bighorn, 1990 Totoya 4x4 Mod
It's a lot cheaper maybe I'll give it try first.
With #7 you dont let it dry. Wipe on with a moist applicator. You will see it clean those paint spots off, then wipe it off. It looks like pea soup.I haven't used it on plastic. Like clay, its going to take off wax. Leaving a deep gloss. Apply your favorite wax/polish after.

OP
OP

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
:like:
With #7 you dont let it dry. Wipe on with a moist applicator. You will see it clean those paint spots off, then wipe it off. It looks like pea soup.I haven't used it on plastic. Like clay, its going to take off wax. Leaving a deep gloss. Apply your favorite wax/polish after.[/QUOTE
With #7 you dont let it dry. Wipe on with a moist applicator. You will see it clean those paint spots off, then wipe it off. It looks like pea soup.I haven't used it on plastic. Like clay, its going to take off wax. Leaving a deep gloss. Apply your favorite wax/polish after.
Awesome. Thanks:like:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
#7 did not work ... :headbang:
Going to buy a clay bar tomorrow

Kevin’s Rubi

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired flight test engineer
I pulledy keep in garage to wax it after a wash and when I pulled it out into sun I noticed hundreds of pin sized white marks almost like overspray. A small portion will come out if I rub it extremely hard with a cloth. Anyone know what the issue is ? I waxed dozens of my vehicles over the course of 20 years and never had a problem. It's mostly on the hood and half as bad on the doors.
I had exactly the same thing. They were slightly larger and a few were black. They were limited to my drivers side and mostly the fender flairs. I tried a consumer grade clay bar of a much lower quality than suggested by the other posters on this thread. I also tried a cleaner polish. It didn't even come close to removing them. I looked up every source I could find and had finally decided to take it to an auto detailer. Out of frustration I finally decided to use nail polish remover. It worked. I then washed the areas and polished and waxed them. It's been four months and I can't tell a difference between the areas where I removed the overspray and the rest of the paint. That being said, I have a Firecracker color and you have a darker color. Dark paint will show imperfections more than light paint. If you decide to go with nail polish remover test a small area first and only try it after trying the clay bar. Good luck.

OP
OP

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
The clay bar works effortlessly. Thanks everyone:rock: Can I use the number #7 stuff after I'm done instead of using turtle wax again?

Donncada

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep JLURD, '94 Jeep YJ, '89 Jeep XJ (RIP)
Clubs

The clay bar works effortlessly. Thanks everyone:rock: Can I use the number #7 stuff after I'm done instead of using turtle wax again?
Forget the glaze. It has an oil base that makes it hard for waxes/sealants to stick. Its used mainly for ‘show’ on older cars to fill in imperfections make it pop.

Use a polish then wax.

John D
PS. Did detailing in a former life.
Sponsored