Seat Covers recommendations?

Beach Jeeper

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
We live in FL and are looking for seat covers for our 2018 Sahara JLU that will keep the seats dry during pop up storms. Obviously it gets hot down here so we want something that protects the seats but doesn't get hot and cause swamp ass. Anyone have any recommendations?
Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Yea, I have the Rough Country, and they'll be fine with quick rains. Great price, holding up great so far (probably about a year I've had them.)

The logo is adhesive, definitely not embroidered.

Dvol

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
We live in FL and are looking for seat covers for our 2018 Sahara JLU that will keep the seats dry during pop up storms. Obviously it gets hot down here so we want something that protects the seats but doesn't get hot and cause swamp ass. Anyone have any recommendations?
https://www.bartact.com/collections/jeep-wrangler-seat-covers/2018-wrangler-jl-jlu

https://www.wetokole.com

Bartacts hold up to years of use without fail. Made in the USA and didn't fade in the 4 + years i had them on the JKU. Bartact's is a superior product IMO and i have experienced it first hand. I have the center console cover, and grab handles in my JLUR. Quality stuff IMO!!. My friend had RC was disappointing in the lack of longevity. He then went with the USA made Wet Okole's which outlasted the RC's, but after 4 years of use the materials on the driver seat started to rip.

Neither lasted very long IMO to the daily abuse he had given them. Others may have had better luck than i did or my friend with those 2 products. IMO you end up buying cheap china stuff more often than not. Bartact's are not cheap like all the made in china ones. Wet Okole is a nice product with alot of options as well. Read the reviews on each and see which one fits your budget best.

Last edited:

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I've had good luck with Cover Craft seat covers over the years. They make some nylon or polyester covers that are really waterproof.

I had a set of Wet Okole on one of my trucks about 10 years back. They weren't made of real neoprene back then. They were kind of a fake neoprene wetsuit looking material with open cream colored foam on the back and were not very durable. I think they changed to real neoprene material years ago because of complaints and competition. Either way, Wet Okole covers are very good looking. But dog owners be warned, dog hair gets into the fabric surface and is nearly impossible to get it out.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Is that RC logo embroidery or adhesive? I'd want to remove it, so just curious. Thanks:like:
I wanted to remove it too but you can’t.

What most people do is put a velcro square there with a patch. That’s what I plan on doing as I have some subdued American flag patches.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I wanted to remove it too but you can’t.

What most people do is put a velcro square there with a patch. That’s what I plan on doing as I have some subdued American flag patches.
Hmm that's a pretty good idea. I was thinking maybe an iron? But I want some to have embroidered with my grey fox:like:

Patsloft

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Clubs

Swamp Ass is a thing I would just Go Commando

Scooter2

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport / 2022 F250 / 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
The quality of Bartact is unmatched IMO.

Sponsored

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
I just use sweat towel seat covers which come off and go on very easily and you can wash. Ebay or Amazon both have them for different styles of seats and cost up to $30. a pair.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I like the Carhartt canvas water repellant covers, by CoverCraft. Water beads up on them, heavy canvas, double stitched for reinforcement. That canvas aroma is nice too !
I got them from Quadratec, free shipping. Ask for Forum Discount... Colors are gray or Carhartt tan

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
You cannot beat the price and decent quality and fit of the Rough Country, best part is for the cost of the others out there you can swap out for new the RC's every 1-2 years since they are a 1/4 the cost of the Bartacts

seats%203_zpsl9poqpsx.jpg

seats%202_zpsybwuno4l.jpg

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Yea, I was gonna say that. I've had the RC covers for over a year now and they look like I just put them on. If they start to sporadically and drastically deteriorate over the course of this year, ok - I paid 150 bucks for them; I'll just buy another set for another 2 years and I still won't be at the price of these other brands.

I HATE logos on pretty much everything, but for some reason these don't bother me. It's just the front seats and it's not like I'm staring at it as I drive lol

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Can somebody confirm whether or not these Rough Country seat covers will work with leather interior? The “notes” indicate they won’t, but also indicate that they won’t work with rear armrest even though rear armrest is an option. #confusing
Sponsored