Sponsored

Recommendations for high quality Neoprene seat covers?

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
So your liking the Rough Country Covers?
I also have the RC covers. I got them when they first came out, so I think they only had the all-black back then. They've held up really well and honestly the fit is super tight. They don't look lumpy or fluffy. I've taken them off a few times to wash and then put them back on, and they haven't stretched out or faded or anything like that.

I will say that even though the fit is awesome and they generally look good, they don't exactly have an insanely premium feel and won't fool anybody that they are factory. I wouldn't call it "cheap," really, but I would wager some of the Wet Okole or PRP stuff is thicker and maybe feels more premium. But 600+ bucks isn't worth it to me right now, maybe in a few years when I have some more disposable income lol
Sponsored

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
my dog always rides shotgun, and after two sets of her ripping up the neoprene seat covers with her claws, I moved to sheepskin..
what sheepskins did you use ?
i like the feel of the leather seats and putting neoprene or vinyl on top of them seems like a step back to me.

2ndGenJeepGirls

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport & 2002 TJ Sahara
My daughter has Smittybilt (Black/Tan)neoprene seat covers in her TJ now for about 2+ years and they fit like a glove & still look new. I have been tinkering with the idea of getting them for my JLU, those or the RC, though some people mentioned that when they get in and out with the RC's the front cover slips up. I love the Okole's but not sure I want to drop that on front and backs at the moment.

OscarMike85

First Name
Calder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Accord
These are my Wet Okole custom seat covers on my Jeep to protect the leather seats from the sun and other elements. I’ve been using them for my other cars as well and they are fantastic. They are thick neoprene and don’t fade. The fit is on point and are easily washable. I chose the black with red piping to match the original Rubicon leather underneath.
DE108CD7-CB70-4395-8BD8-1A265C6048D1.jpeg
393ED8F5-B67A-4E6A-876B-583718F00B6B.jpeg
A3D5F359-3B1A-47BC-A99B-8CC5CFE29D54.jpeg
Looks great! Does it still allow the middle arm rest in the back to fold down? It looks like it does, but I wanted to check.

24fpsecond

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon Sting-Gray 4xe
Looks great! Does it still allow the middle arm rest in the back to fold down? It looks like it does, but I wanted to check.
it absolutely does. The only negative is that the front seat covers cover up the molle netting attached to the seats.

Sponsored

ObtuseMeatball

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Soft Top Firecracker Red
Occupation
IT Nerd
Someone else mentioned the Diver Down covers from Quadratec. I put a set on my JL and they fit extremely well. For me they look and feel stock. The neoprene feels very high quality (have a couple of wetsuits to compare to). They definitely keep the seats clean, and paired with a good sun shade they stay relatively cool when the sun is beating down. They also have specific instructions on the install to allow for your side/seat air bags to function properly. Overall very happy with the purchase and would recommend if you want to switch. The only thing that would have made them better would have been an included console cover.

Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendations for high quality Neoprene seat covers? IMG_20200711_155838

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
Someone else mentioned the Diver Down covers from Quadratec. I put a set on my JL and they fit extremely well. For me they look and feel stock. The neoprene feels very high quality (have a couple of wetsuits to compare to). They definitely keep the seats clean, and paired with a good sun shade they stay relatively cool when the sun is beating down. They also have specific instructions on the install to allow for your side/seat air bags to function properly. Overall very happy with the purchase and would recommend if you want to switch. The only thing that would have made them better would have been an included console cover.

Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendations for high quality Neoprene seat covers? IMG_20200711_155838
I'm looking at these, price is very reasonable. What color do you have? It almost looks a little purple-ish in the picture, but I'm guessing that's not what they look like in person.

ObtuseMeatball

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Nerd
I'm looking at these, price is very reasonable. What color do you have? It almost looks a little purple-ish in the picture, but I'm guessing that's not what they look like in person.
I ended up getting the Black & Charcoal ones. The picture does make it look a more purple, but definitely more of a charcoal grey in person. I went with those since I wanted a little pop of color instead of all black. And the red ones seemed like a little too much red for me.

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
I ended up getting the Black & Charcoal ones. The picture does make it look a more purple, but definitely more of a charcoal grey in person. I went with those since I wanted a little pop of color instead of all black. And the red ones seemed like a little too much red for me.
Thanks. I'm trying to decide between Charcoal and Gray. Yours look lighter than the pics on Quadratec. But definitely looks good.

ObtuseMeatball

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Nerd
Thanks. I'm trying to decide between Charcoal and Gray. Yours look lighter than the pics on Quadratec. But definitely looks good.
Yeah, lighting definitely has an effect on them. Here's a quick snap I just took while it's in the garage.

Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendations for high quality Neoprene seat covers? IMG_20200806_143841

Sponsored

nunziotocci

First Name
Annunziato
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Husqvarna Svartpilen 701
The driver side bottom cover is sliding (forward) a bit, which is causing the actually upholstery to be exposed. I am assuming that's becauseI must have installed it wrong.
I think this happened to me initially, but a tightening of the straps secured it and I don't remember seeing it since.

scarp

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Taco, 2021 JL Willy's
I've had 3 sets of Wet Okole seat covers (TJ, JK, Tacoma) and will definitely add them to my JL. They fit great, wear great, and look OEM.

Pic of my Taco:

Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendations for high quality Neoprene seat covers? IMG_7952

Archie PJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Punk"n
I just installed the Rough Country seat covers last weekend purchased from Northland (forum sponsor). I will say they fit very well; a friend thought they were the factory seat covers). The biggest installation challenge for me was getting the side hooks fastened under the front passenger seat...it was a PITA trying to get the one fed through the seat frame near the seat belt/center console area. The driver seat cover went much easier and the back seat covers easier yet. So far they have stayed put. For the price and fit, I like them.

GunnarAZ

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Willys 2 Door
Occupation
Real Estate
How hot do all of these get then in the sun? I live in Phoenix and we of course get a ton of sunshine and high temps in the summer. During the hottest summer months, the top will be on, so I'm not too worried. But, with our weather, I could easily have the top off my Wrangler from Sep/Oct until Apr/May. Just wondering how hot these neoprene seat covers get.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
How hot do all of these get then in the sun? I live in Phoenix and we of course get a ton of sunshine and high temps in the summer. During the hottest summer months, the top will be on, so I'm not too worried. But, with our weather, I could easily have the top off my Wrangler from Sep/Oct until Apr/May. Just wondering how hot these neoprene seat covers get.

They do not get hot at all, very similar to fabric even in 100+ temps
Sponsored