2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

N75

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 2dr
I go back and forth on this - 2-door Rubicon in Sting-Gray with premium soft top, or 2-door Sport in black with hardtop. Two different directions that I'm stuck between, and thanks to FCA I have lots of time to think because I can't order either!
Sponsored

AwCrimety

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUS
Im trying very hard to wait for Sting gray. I'd have probably already ordered something, if I could decide on an available color. I can't pick between silver or black. I should just flip a coin and order.

puzzledsac

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport S
Confirmed this afternoon by FCA email, Sting Gray will open for orders mid to late March and the two door hardtop is still on order restriction.

*Edit - Sorry, posted from mobile and didn't realize my screenshot of the email from Kaitlyn didn't work! I had chatted with her, and she escalated with a 3 business day turnaround. Took more like 5, but she did get back!

MM9nJag.png
What does 'on order restriction' mean? I've been waiting for my JL Sport S since late November 2017. Hard top of course.....

N75

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 2dr
What does 'on order restriction' mean? I've been waiting for my JL Sport S since late November 2017. Hard top of course.....
Just that you cannot place a new order with the 2-door hardtop option. If you placed an order, you’re still good. My guess is they’re ready for a huge batch of pre-spec’d 2-doors to be built and spread to dealers, so they’re making sure custom orders don’t eat up their top supply.

Four Flusher

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray, auto
Anyone know if Sting gray will be available for order mid March on the 4 door?

Sponsored

jloyva

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Wrangler JL Sport S, Victory Touring Cruiser, Kia Sorento
Occupation
Project Manaager
Anyone know if Sting gray will be available for order mid March on the 4 door?
I'm assuming the 2-door hard top and Sting Gray are two completely separate items. When Sting Gray is available it should be available for all models.

Gandersonsays

First Name
Griffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr JL Rubicon
Hey all,

Just trying to pass the time until my 2dr JL Rubicon w/ soft top gets delivered. I ordered mine on January 29th and am *hoping* to have it in my possession by the end of April at the latest, but that is not really based on anything.

Does anyone have an educated guess as to when 2dr JLs will begin getting delivered?

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Same boat. Ordered mine 12/23. I’ll be happy if I get it before June.

Redleg22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I ordered a 2 door Rubicon with soft top on 1/6. I am hoping for the end of March or early April. There are likely fewer orders for 2 doors then there are for 4 doors.

Gandersonsays

First Name
Griffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr JL Rubicon
Same boat. Ordered mine 12/23. I’ll be happy if I get it before June.
Ugh I'd be devastated if it takes that long. My family goes on an annual trip to the Outer Banks North Carolina every Memorial Day and I am really hoping to have the Jeep by then. In my experience, the outer banks have some of the best public drive-on beaches on the east coast.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
ordered 12/12, dealer thinks mid to late march but I don't think he's basing that on any real data.

jeepdriver99

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR 2 Door, 21 JLU TD, 06 GC, 54 Willys SW
Occupation
Retired, W8BWD
I ordered mine Dec 5th. My dealer predicts by end of Feb... but I don't think he's basing that on any real data either.

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I ordered mine Dec 5th. My dealer predicts by end of Feb... but I don't think he's basing that on any real data either.
That would be great cause my "golden ticket" expires on the 28th. I don' expect mine till end of March, early April

Gandersonsays

First Name
Griffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr JL Rubicon
Did you guys get the soft top or the hard top? My understanding is hard top production starts Feb 12 and soft top production starts March 12.

jeepdriver99

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR 2 Door, 21 JLU TD, 06 GC, 54 Willys SW
Occupation
Retired, W8BWD
Mine is a soft top. I've heard that repeated about start dates but I haven't found where it was originally said and/or why or when. So I don't know how much stock to put in that rumor. I think everything at this point is still speculation.
Sponsored