Sponsored

Feeling Ripped off with CBS leather option

PEABUDY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR GRANITE CRYSTAL
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered the $1750 CBS leather option on my 2019 Rubicon JLU. Was surprised with paying for upgraded factory installed stitched leather I ended up with less than the standard factory leather. I got red stitched steering wheel and shift boots but the seats are stitched in tungsten/white. Plus did not get stitched center console or door armrest. Dash is just plain plastic with red insert. Looks like those that ordered CBS in a Sahara all match with the tungsten/white stitching and got stitched console, dash, and door armrests.Jeep dropped the ball on this one. Took it to dealer yesterday and service manager was surprised and was going to make some calls. Appears Rubicon and sport get same interior with that CBS upgrade. Buyers beware.

seat.jpeg

wheel.jpeg
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
You are basically getting the cloth interior with the aftermarket leather seats. You can go to a katzkin installer and they will do the rest for you. But it will cost.

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure what cbs leather is? That is disappointing. My rubicon leather upgrade is all Red stitched.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Unfortunately Jeep’s “upgrade” leather option is pretty disappointing. I’m sure you’re probably aware that a lot of folks ended up with atrocious workmanship on their Katzkin leather. If you’re doing custom leather from a premier manufacturer like Porsche expect impeccable craftsmanship and customizing every single detail of every piece. From FCA, you get a couple of optional choices with no customization whatsoever. A quality local upholstery shop will do worlds better for the same or less money and you can stipulate every detail and expect it to be done right.

https://files1.porsche.com/filestor...0019999cd470/Porsche-Exclusive-Manufaktur.pdf

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I had no idea there was an "upgrade" leather.

This feels a bit like offering an elevator (er not for reasons of physical limitations) in a starter home?

I'm not bashing OP but does the Wrangler really need a step above leather interior?

If I were Jeep I'd be kicking myself for offering it; I doubt they woulda lost a single customer if no mention was ever made of such a thing...?

Sponsored

Bri_BKT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Rubicon JLU 4xe; 2016 Mazda CX-5
Unfortunately Jeep’s “upgrade” leather option is pretty disappointing. I’m sure you’re probably aware that a lot of folks ended up with atrocious workmanship on their Katzkin leather. If you’re doing custom leather from a premier manufacturer like Porsche expect impeccable craftsmanship and customizing every single detail of every piece. From FCA, you get a couple of optional choices with no customization whatsoever. A quality local upholstery shop will do worlds better for the same or less money and you can stipulate every detail and expect it to be done right.

https://files1.porsche.com/filestor...0019999cd470/Porsche-Exclusive-Manufaktur.pdf
I guess I am in the minority but I really like my Katzkin custom leather, thru my Jeep dealership. Of course it was installed by a local private leather install shop so maybe that's the difference(?)

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
Wow! Very nice looking seats.
Ordered the $1750 CBS leather option on my 2019 Rubicon JLU. Was surprised with paying for upgraded factory installed stitched leather I ended up with less than the standard factory leather. I got red stitched steering wheel and shift boots but the seats are stitched in tungsten/white. Plus did not get stitched center console or door armrest. Dash is just plain plastic with red insert. Looks like those that ordered CBS in a Sahara all match with the tungsten/white stitching and got stitched console, dash, and door armrests.Jeep dropped the ball on this one. Took it to dealer yesterday and service manager was surprised and was going to make some calls. Appears Rubicon and sport get same interior with that CBS upgrade. Buyers beware.

seat.jpeg

wheel.jpeg
Obviously no red stitching, but I like the way those look anyway.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I guess I am in the minority but I really like my Katzkin custom leather, thru my Jeep dealership. Of course it was installed by a local private leather install shop so maybe that's the difference(?)
The thing is, it’s been hit or miss. Some ended up looking just like the brochure, like they should have and like you paid for. Others ended up looking like a third grader made them. Had to be completely redone by a different installer with skills. I’m glad you got one that was well done.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Hope your dealership makes it right. The mismatched stitching would drive me nuts. And the installer should heat the covers more

I didn’t know @Katzkin has the center console template now. Maybe you could request for a new set to match your steering wheel? Good luck :fingerscrossed:

OP
OP

PEABUDY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR GRANITE CRYSTAL
Vehicle Showcase
You never saw one with what you were ordering?
Yes-saw picture of Sahara and all the stitching matched and had stitched center console and door armrests. Jeep only shows picture of a seat.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I had no idea there was an "upgrade" leather.

This feels a bit like offering an elevator (er not for reasons of physical limitations) in a starter home?

I'm not bashing OP but does the Wrangler really need a step above leather interior?

If I were Jeep I'd be kicking myself for offering it; I doubt they woulda lost a single customer if no mention was ever made of such a thing...?
It’s a MOPAR factory option. It’s the only way to get leather in a Sport or Sport S. And it’s another way to customize your Jeep in the other trims. Jeeps are known for being customized right?

The issue is for the price you can get a local installer to do a truly custom leather interior. But some people like to do as much from the factory as possible. There are certainly valid reasons for that.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Some things are better done after market.

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
if you paid for the regular leather package, it seems the dash should have stiching too.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
if you paid for the regular leather package, it seems the dash should have stiching too.
If you paid for the regular leather and the Mopar leather you would be paying double for leather.
Sponsored