Sponsored

Mopar Calibration for 35s (was I ripped off?)

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
To be clear - he paid $186 for a $35 flash token that he didn’t need.

Reading a bit into it, the 186 might have been a sku for token, tax and labor - the 130 was a double charge for scan tool labor flat charge - guy who invoiced him was either greedy, clueless or both.

If it were me at this point - filing a cc dispute is ez pz - worst case they deny it. Claim a double charge - you owe the 186, file the dispute for the 130 back. Odds are they bought you a token and it’s good for a year and it’s non-refundable. Getting into an argument with the morons causing your problems is always a no-go.
Battling morons is what some of us do for a living... letting it go is a lazy mistake that just empowers the morons. I bet I would have it resolved properly in under 5 minutes.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
What dealer? Rat them out!
The dealer is:
Pamby Motors
143 Danbury Rd
Ridgefied, CT 06877

203-438-6525

I already knew they were shady, due to the last time I went there for a Free Jeep wave service, and was told I needed to pay $75 for the tire rotation. Stay away from this place. The are obviously desperate since you can clearly see they have no inventory on their lot.

Sponsored

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
lol.... did you not read above. Did that...
What I read was that you gave up because the service manager and the owner had the same last name. Sounds to me like this is on you... Go in, tell them the charges are not appropriate, insist they remove the additional charges, do not leave until they do. Thinking "Jeep Cares" is going to hold you hand through this is comical.

shane340

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
I calibrated to 35s using the AEV procal module which you can find on FB marketplace for $80 or buy new for $149 online. You can also adjust TPMS warning light to come on at lower pressures.

Last edited:

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I am curious as to why you agreed initially when they called you with the new price. At that point I woulda told them “no thanks” and picked up a programmer to do it myself.

Sponsored

RidgeRider

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry if this is a repeat but I noticed someone early on mentioning that 35" tires are not exactly 35" as they roll and they are right. With a Tazer, you can dial in the diameter to enable your vehicle speedometer to match true GPS speed and this will usually be somewhere in the 34.5" range rather than 35. The dealer can only guess so you're only going to get close with a dealer calibration.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I am curious as to why you agreed initially when they called you with the new price. At that point I woulda told them “no thanks” and picked up a programmer to do it myself.
This. You had a chance to say no.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
This. You had a chance to say no.
I agreed because I wanted my Jeep back and the calibration issue to be over. I had waited for more than 3 weeks to get that appointment. Agreed though, I should in no way have said yes.

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
Go in, tell them the charges are not appropriate, insist they remove the additional charges, do not leave until they do
The dealership just will call the local LE and have a trespass warrant issued to remove the customer. Local LE will enforce the trespass removal and the customer problem will be a civil court matter they will not get involved in.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
The dealership just will call the local LE and have a trespass warrant issued to remove the customer. Local LE will enforce the trespass removal and the customer problem will be a civil court matter they will not get involved in.
I'm just going to take the loss up front. However, after the online campaign I'm about to launch the $186 they gained from me, is going to cost them thousands, perhaps $100s of thousands. This Cupled with the fact that they try to charge you and extra $75 to rotate your tires if you have changed them to "Oversized". I'm definitely not done.......! :angry: .........🖕 Pamby M
Sponsored