Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
The rebate is a mail in rebate, not an instant rebate.

I can put it in the cart now and it is not showing as pre-order anymore, but there is not any discount showing on the twill top for the 4-door. It is listed at full MSRP. I went into the checkout process and it did not deduct the 100$ later either.

I closed out the cart and will try again later.
Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
The rebate is a mail in rebate, not an instant rebate.
Ah, I should have read the fine print lol. Thanks for the fast reply ! Hope to get my order in today.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Ah, I should have read the fine print lol. Thanks for the fast reply ! Hope to get my order in today.
Not sure how much the BesTop forum discount is but you can get it from northridge4x4 for 1130 shipped to your door - use coupon code “sharktank”

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Has anybody here removed the rear window on your Trektop yet? Did you find that the tabs at the bottom of the window were extremely hard to pull out of the slots made into the tub? Mine get stuck so tight that I literally have to use pliers to pull them out. And because of the sliding rail system in lieu of a full zipper, there is no way to put slack into the window to make it easier. You must take the bottom loose first, and on mine it's very hard to do because of the tension.

I'm not liking the new hybrid zipper/sliding track system at all so far.
This is kind of what I mean..

Brosef

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 392
^^ that's most of the way there. Key question is how much more would it take to go all the way. for that sunrider hardware that bolts farther upfront, could you remove those mounting points with just a bolt on each side and then remove the whole thing?

Sponsored

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
Any word or at a least a pic with a 2 door? Really anxious to get a soft top for summer.

SteveT

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2d
Any word or at a least a pic with a 2 door? Really anxious to get a soft top for summer.
I believe Cassie posted a 2 door on here somewhere further back. Either here or instagram.
Also @BestopTeam any word on the release date for the 2 door. I’m starting to see more sun and getting antsy

Virtualdru

First Name
dru
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon (6th build)
@BestopTeam Unfortunately, my trektop is also flapping at highway speeds and I have a small gap at the tailgate like others have posted on here. I’d be happy to send my back window and tailgate bar in if needed.

Rubi22

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
This is kind of what I mean..

I just installed my top and it is impossible to lift the back tab. I watched some videos and they said to release the sides first then unzip the back remove both sides then back, it went super smooth.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
@BestopTeam Unfortunately, my trektop is also flapping at highway speeds and I have a small gap at the tailgate like others have posted on here. I’d be happy to send my back window and tailgate bar in if needed.
It was so windy where I live yesterday that mine was flapping while it was parked :LOL:

Seriously though, it's LOUD and obnoxious and I hope the updated part # cures the problem, because if it doesn't the hard top is going back on.

I just installed my top and it is impossible to lift the back tab. I watched some videos and they said to release the sides first then unzip the back remove both sides then back, it went super smooth.
I had been disconnecting the side windows from the rear window first. But I don't see how that has anything to do with the tabs that hold the rear window at the corners of the tub. Those are still almost impossible to pull out unless you're Bruce Banner.

The old zipper style was superior because then a guy could release the tension at the top of the window first, which made unhooking the bottom easier.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey guys,

For the tailgate gap issue please call us At 1-800-845-3567 and ask for Crystal. I apologize for the delay, I am in Moab for EJS all week.

CassieAtBestop

SteveT

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2d
So I called bestop today to pre order a 2 door trektop nx as they aren’t available yet. The gentleman on the phone told me they had a few in stock and sold me one on the spot. Should be here next week. Here’s to it being the correct top and I’ll have a soft top on by next weekend :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::rock::rock::rock::jk::jk::jk:

Eli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered the trektop and just came in earlier this week. Plan on putting it on this weekend. A little anxious in regards to the flapping some of you have experienced at high speeds. Will send pictures and provide feedback.

JDLouisville

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
Here is mine 2 days ago as I too am frustrated as I use the highway everyday driving to and from work and this is unacceptable in my eyes

@BestopTeam Is there a mod or something I can do before this drives me insane?
Yeah, mine has begun to do this also. It seems much more violent than the video you posted. I’ll try to get a vid posted as well. Hopefully there is a fix son.
Sponsored