Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
Hey guys,

For the flaping please Give customer service a call and ask for Crystal, she will get you taken care of! 1-800-845-3567

CassieAtBestop
Is there know issue on some of the early models? If so, can you say what it is?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
No, it seems to be happening only to a select few which is why Crystal is handling it directly. She will be requesting some windows back for us to investigate further.

CassieAtBestop

Is there know issue on some of the early models? If so, can you say what it is?

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Has anybody here removed the rear window on your Trektop yet? Did you find that the tabs at the bottom of the window were extremely hard to pull out of the slots made into the tub? Mine get stuck so tight that I literally have to use pliers to pull them out. And because of the sliding rail system in lieu of a full zipper, there is no way to put slack into the window to make it easier. You must take the bottom loose first, and on mine it's very hard to do because of the tension.

I'm not liking the new hybrid zipper/sliding track system at all so far.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hey All!

I will make my way through this thread to contact those that have posted, but if you are having the flapping issue please PM me, I need to get some additional info from you on the top. This is an unusual circumstance that is happening on a few tops, not all of them. As always with any product, we will stand behind out products and correct any issues you are having.

CassieAtBestop
Hi Cassie, @BestopTeam, my Trektop NX flaps too at high speed. Lately, have been running WITHOUT windows and I noticed it still flapped. Maybe that is a clue for you to help isolate the problem? Has anyone else had flapping without windows?

Jeepaddict76

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Installed my new twill trektop this week and have noticed poor Sirius XM radio reception, especially when sunrider is flipped open. Anyone else experience this? Other than that, I'm very impressed with the top.

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
@BestopTeam I was wanting to order the JLU trektop in Twill, but the site is saying "pre-order" with no eta. I thought these were out already? Some 3rd party sites show them, are those a different product? Or is there maybe a redesign that is reflected on your website?

I have been patiently waiting, and after 34ish days in the shop my 2019 JLUR should be done any day now and I would love to get a soft top ordered for it for the beautiful weather here in AZ

424hamst

First Name
Kal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited
I purchased the unlimited Trek Top a few weeks ago and am curious if others have an issue with about a 1/2 gap between the tailgate bar at the bottom of the rear window and the top of the Jeeps rear door? I contacted Bestop and they were pretty responsive but what they sent to fix it is not acceptable. Their solution was an additional piece of door seal that won't stay on and looks like crap. Curious if others have had this and how they fixed it? I really like the top and would prefer to fix the issue rather than send it back.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I purchased the unlimited Trek Top a few weeks ago and am curious if others have an issue with about a 1/2 gap between the tailgate bar at the bottom of the rear window and the top of the Jeeps rear door? I contacted Bestop and they were pretty responsive but what they sent to fix it is not acceptable. Their solution was an additional piece of door seal that won't stay on and looks like crap. Curious if others have had this and how they fixed it? I really like the top and would prefer to fix the issue rather than send it back.
Do you have any pics? I’d like to see what that looks like.

Jeepaddict76

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Same here...

IMG_20190408_110551.jpg

IMG_20190408_110546.jpg

IMG_20190408_110554.jpg

Ravager

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic Station Wagon
Vehicle Showcase
Installed my new twill trektop this week and have noticed poor Sirius XM radio reception, especially when sunrider is flipped open. Anyone else experience this? Other than that, I'm very impressed with the top.
I had this issue with my Jk. Unfortunately the metal on the trektop flips right on the Sirius antenna. I was never able to fix it and settled with not running the sirius with it open.

Sponsored

424hamst

First Name
Kal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited
Do you have any pics? I’d like to see what that looks like.
Here are photos of how the rear seal was after installing. It is kind of hard to see because of the spare, but you can see the edge of the rubber seal barely making contact on the side and looking from the inside out, you can see the gap in the middle (doesn't look that big in this pic due to the angle, but it is about 1/2 looking straight on). I am out of town this week and don't have pics of what they sent me to fix it, but I see someone else posted the fix. This is exactly how mine fit as well and am really surprised
IMG_3107.jpg
IMG_3109.jpg
Bestop considered this a fix for the problem.

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Give us a call at 1-800-845-3567 an we will get you fixed up!

Hi Cassie, @BestopTeam, my Trektop NX flaps too at high speed. Lately, have been running WITHOUT windows and I noticed it still flapped. Maybe that is a clue for you to help isolate the problem? Has anyone else had flapping without windows?

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
You shouldn't be getting that error, we have them in stock. Give it a shot now and see! Also, there is a $100 rebate on it now;) Pm me for a forum discount too!

https://www.bestop.com/jeep/2019/all-new-wrangler-jl/all-new-trektop-nx-soft-top/door/4/

CassieAtBestop

@BestopTeam I was wanting to order the JLU trektop in Twill, but the site is saying "pre-order" with no eta. I thought these were out already? Some 3rd party sites show them, are those a different product? Or is there maybe a redesign that is reflected on your website?

I have been patiently waiting, and after 34ish days in the shop my 2019 JLUR should be done any day now and I would love to get a soft top ordered for it for the beautiful weather here in AZ

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Just sent this to my team, i will get back to you all shortly!

CassieAtBestop

Here are photos of how the rear seal was after installing. It is kind of hard to see because of the spare, but you can see the edge of the rubber seal barely making contact on the side and looking from the inside out, you can see the gap in the middle (doesn't look that big in this pic due to the angle, but it is about 1/2 looking straight on). I am out of town this week and don't have pics of what they sent me to fix it, but I see someone else posted the fix. This is exactly how mine fit as well and am really surprised
IMG_3107.jpg
IMG_3109.jpg
Bestop considered this a fix for the problem.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
You shouldn't be getting that error, we have them in stock. Give it a shot now and see! Also, there is a $100 rebate on it now;) Pm me for a forum discount too!

https://www.bestop.com/jeep/2019/all-new-wrangler-jl/all-new-trektop-nx-soft-top/door/4/

CassieAtBestop
I can put it in the cart now and it is not showing as pre-order anymore, but there is not any discount showing on the twill top for the 4-door. It is listed at full MSRP. I went into the checkout process and it did not deduct the 100$ later either.

I closed out the cart and will try again later.
Sponsored