What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Hi Rob, can I ask where you bought your Toplift Pro? The Harken didn’t work in my garage configuration without making a lot of changes. I’m going to bite the bullet and order the Toplift. Should’ve done that in the first place. :facepalm:
I bought it direct from their website (https://www.topliftpros.com/). They had a Black Friday deal back in November so I got $100 off.

ICYMI - others have noted that it doesn't work quite as well with a JLU as it does with a JL, JK or JKU due to the design of the JLU top. It tends to lean toward the front of the top when on the lift so it's very unstable until you put the support rails in. Still a one-person task, but not as easy as the videos that I've seen make it look. That's my only "gripe", otherwise very nice product. Just thought I would share.

JLRoachicon

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU RUBICON 2.0 Turbo, 2006 Ducati 999S (RIP)
Vehicle Showcase
I bought it direct from their website (https://www.topliftpros.com/). They had a Black Friday deal back in November so I got $100 off.

ICYMI - others have noted that it doesn't work quite as well with a JLU as it does with a JL, JK or JKU due to the design of the JLU top. It tends to lean toward the front of the top when on the lift so it's very unstable until you put the support rails in. Still a one-person task, but not as easy as the videos that I've seen make it look. That's my only "gripe", otherwise very nice product. Just thought I would share.
Thanks for the info! I appreciate it. No deals on their website but still cheaper than other places, so I’m going to order from them. Still the best option for me. I’m anxious to get the top off!!

Santie96

First Name
Santie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018JLUR
Occupation
Operation Manager
Just purchased the following.....
Rock Krawler Adventure Series 3.5 lift kit
Teraflex Falcon 3.3 shocks
Open Country MT 37/12.50/17
Fuel Trophy D551 wheels
Teraflex Alpha Carrier
Rugged Ridge Hindges

A lot of , but hopefully I won’t be disappointed!

Reactions: RTJ

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Just purchased the following.....
Rock Krawler Adventure Series 3.5 lift kit
Teraflex Falcon 3.3 shocks
Open Country MT 37/12.50/17
Fuel Trophy D551 wheels
Teraflex Alpha Carrier
Rugged Ridge Hindges

A lot of , but hopefully I won’t be disappointed!
No adjustable track bars, control arms or caster adjustment bolts? Def gonna need it.

Have fun!! Post pics !!!

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
No adjustable track bars, control arms or caster adjustment bolts? Def gonna need it.

Have fun!! Post pics !!!
I might be mistaken, but I think that rk lift kit comes with adjustable track bars and rear relocation bracket. I think it comes with longer control arms but I don’t think they’re adjustable, which I would change that if it were me. Like you said, he’ll need it...:)

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I might be mistaken, but I think that rk lift kit comes with adjustable track bars and rear relocation bracket. I think it comes with longer control arms but I don’t think they’re adjustable, which I would change that if it were me. Like you said, he’ll need it...:)
The RK adventure series lift comes with longer than stock fixed LCA's that put my caster right at 6 with a 2.5" lift. The RK x-factor lift has adjustable LCA's. However, the grease fittings are a pain to deal with on the Adventure series...have to drop the arm to get to them and already had to replace 2 fittings because they broke off when 2 different mechanics attempted to grease them. Also supposed to use RK's unique 000 grease that has to be ordered and cost double normal grease.

Brmbll007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara in Fire cracker Red
Vehicle Showcase
The RK adventure series lift comes with longer than stock fixed LCA's that put my caster right at 6 with a 2.5" lift. The RK x-factor lift has adjustable LCA's. However, the grease fittings are a pain to deal with on the Adventure series...have to drop the arm to get to them and already had to replace 2 fittings because they broke off when 2 different mechanics attempted to grease them. Also supposed to use RK's unique 000 grease that has to be ordered and cost double normal grease.
I bought a few 90 degree zerks to solve that issue. Works great.

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR

I have a JLU and the Top Lift. The top does lean forward a bit on the TopLiftPro, but unless I'm swapping tops for the summer, I don't bother with the support rails. Long term storage, I would say use them.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase