joeyjoejoe285

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara - Granite Crystal Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
**TAIL LIGHT UPDATE** The wiring harness came in super quick and got it all fixed last week. Total was $1500 including the temporary tow light I rigged up. Funny story, of course with the dealer. Service rep calls me and says, "it looks like somebody stole your tail light so i's not covered under your warranty" :CWL::CWL::CWL::headbang::headbang::headbang:
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
In case anyone is interested, the JL's tail light is secured to the JL with a single white plastic bolt that screws into the hole on the plastic piece, on the backside of the tail light, that is circled in the pic below..

The thief just prys on the rear tail light enough from outside of the JL... prys/tweaks... just enough to break the piece circled in blue.

Once the circled piece is broken, the tail light comes right off of the JL.
asdf.jpg

HOLE.jpg

Last edited:

ERIXJLUR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Crystal Rubicon 2.0L (ordered on 2/12 received on 9/26)
**TAIL LIGHT UPDATE** The wiring harness came in super quick and got it all fixed last week. Total was $1500 including the temporary tow light I rigged up. Funny story, of course with the dealer. Service rep calls me and says, "it looks like somebody stole your tail light so i's not covered under your warranty" :CWL::CWL::CWL::headbang::headbang::headbang:
But it fell off in the car wash, right?

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
The tail lights come out easily. I had one get pulled loose by a skateboarder that hitched along. Install a rear cam and hopefully it’ll be a deterrent.

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
@Jeeptimus Prime

No, "changing the bolts" is not an option. It is a single plastic bolt that holds the JL, tail light in the cavity. Even if you changed that plastic bolt to tail light can still be broken loose.

YOU might want to consider get Bumblebee to watch over your JL, 24 hrs a day, if you ever venture into New York City with it.
If there was the Bumblebee anti theft option, I would have totally got it!:like:

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
with any kind of luck, this was a one-off thing.

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
Looks like a good opportunity for someone to design a frenched in tail light. Never liked how these stick out anyway

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
Please let me walk out to someone stealing off my car, the cops will need chalk and there will only one story!

zb39

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 5500, 2018 Durango GT AWD, 2015 malibu, GMC 3500 Dump, 70 challenger convertible, 2019 2 door rubicon, manual tranny
Time to move!!!!

Sponsored

Al13

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
My dream car has been violated!! Thank you to the low life who stole my tail light. Also, they decided to cut the wire instead of just disconnecting the harness. I ordered the tail light ($760) , the harness ETA is end of FEBRUARY!!!! I rigged up a trailer light for now. I hope the motherf’er is happy. :angry:

Jeep Wrangler JL STOLEN TAIL LIGHT {filename}

Does anyone marke the steel cages for the 2019 tail lights with backup cameras? Would they even help?

Triggerfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubi
So how many have reported their tail lights stolen again, 1 person? With reading the alert I thought it was going to be a bunch, but after coming here I am wondering if this is truly an issue? Anyone can rip something off a car, side mirrors, badges, etc., what's the true market right now for a used ripped off JL tail light anyways? Vandals are vandals IMO.

For me, I use a dashcam with parking mode with a (mostly) hidden camera in the back, so if it does happen hopefully I'll get a good shot of their face.

Wingman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon in Mojito; 2017 Orange Blast Metallic Chevy SS
Occupation
Architect
My dream car has been violated!! Thank you to the low life who stole my tail light. Also, they decided to cut the wire instead of just disconnecting the harness. I ordered the tail light ($760) , the harness ETA is end of FEBRUARY!!!! I rigged up a trailer light for now. I hope the motherf’er is happy. :angry:

Hey Joe! Hate seeing this!
Sponsored