RocketScientist

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase
Enable Blind Spot Monitoring - yes, a current feature, but not quite sure what it does. It does not make the settings visible on the radio. And yes, I know it's more than just a setting, you need the parts. I have another thread on this, and have done the research and installed the required harnesses, mirrors, modules. Apparently the BCM is not being updated? Maybe revisit this to see if it actually is possible, remove if it isn't.

Auto-dim mirror - if this is added with the correct harness, tell BCM to enable...
Sponsored

TimR

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
New to the Tazer world...question: What is the main difference between the JL and JL Mini? Also, ref to where it talks about LIVE features...does that mean you can leave the Tazer connected at all times?

Thanks!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@TimR

Tim, there is an abundance of info on this forum in regard to the Tazer JL, the Tazer JL Lite and the Tazer JL Mini. Just do a forum search using the word Tazer and ...........

The original Tazer JL that became an offering in March 2018, was the very first programmer for the JL. Most forum members here that have a programmer have a Tazer JL it seems.

The original Tazer JL , consists of 2 modules. One module plugs into the OBDll port and the other module connects to 2 wires you disconnect from the JL's gateway module under the dash, just above the OBDll port.

The Tazer JL offers multiple features (I'll attach a User's Guide, here) and some of them are so called Live Features.

IF you want to benefit from the Live Feaures, yes, you have to leave the one module (Tazer JL itself) plugged into the OBDll port at all times. The Tazer JL is smart, it puts itself to sleep in seconds, if not in use..

Now, the Tazer JL Mini is a one module offering. All the inners that were in the original Tazer JL's two modules are combined and packed into one mini module that you plug the 2 wires into that you disconnect from the gateway module. The mini is quite small.. The nice part about the mini is that you have nothing plugged into the OBDll port. Nothing openly showing in the JL that some nitwit would try to steal, etc..

Most buying a Tazer Jl these days would want the Tazer JL Mini. This is a given.

Oh, if all you want to do is say tire programming, ZAutomotive also offer the Tazer JL Lite which is a single module unit that offers fewer features to include tire size programming. The Tazer JL Lite is less expensive then it's siblings. It can be upgraded to full Tazer JL, abilities if you ever would like to do this.. cost to get the upgrade code and to do the easy easy upgrade is $125..

So, much to tell you about the Tazer JL family.... you need to research and then come back and ask questions...

Attachments

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@TimR
@everyone

Do know that ZAutomotive is offering 10% off of EVERYTHING for Black Friday.

Use the Coupon Code: BLACKFRIDAY

TimR

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
@TimR

Tim, there is an abundance of info on this forum in regard to the Tazer JL, the Tazer JL Lite and the Tazer JL Mini. Just do a forum search using the word Tazer and ...........

The original Tazer JL that became an offering in March 2018, was the very first programmer for the JL. Most forum members here that have a programmer have a Tazer JL it seems.

The original Tazer JL , consists of 2 modules. One module plugs into the OBDll port and the other module connects to 2 wires you disconnect from the JL's gateway module under the dash, just above the OBDll port.

The Tazer JL offers multiple features (I'll attach a User's Guide, here) and some of them are so called Live Features.

IF you want to benefit from the Live Feaures, yes, you have to leave the one module (Tazer JL itself) plugged into the OBDll port at all times. The Tazer JL is smart, it puts itself to sleep in seconds, if not in use..

Now, the Tazer JL Mini is a one module offering. All the inners that were in the original Tazer JL's two modules are combined and packed into one mini module that you plug the 2 wires into that you disconnect from the gateway module. The mini is quite small.. The nice part about the mini is that you have nothing plugged into the OBDll port. Nothing openly showing in the JL that some nitwit would try to steal, etc..

Most buying a Tazer Jl these days would want the Tazer JL Mini. This is a given.

Oh, if all you want to do is say tire programming, ZAutomotive also offer the Tazer JL Lite which is a single module unit that offers fewer features to include tire size programming. The Tazer JL Lite is less expensive then it's siblings. It can be upgraded to full Tazer JL, abilities if you ever would like to do this.. cost to get the upgrade code and to do the easy easy upgrade is $125..

So, much to tell you about the Tazer JL family.... you need to research and then come back and ask questions...

@Rhinebeck01

Thank you so much!! I actually have been reading a bit about it, but you provided exactly what I was looking for...a BLUF comparison of the three. That was perfect...thank you for taking the time to type that out....really appreciate it.

My JLUR is in transit from the factory as of 2 days ago...hopefully it'll be here soon. ;)

R,
Tim

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
How about an AutoPark disable that works on all models? Do that and I'll love you forever.

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I did release a new version of the Tazer JL family yesterday, the Tazer JL mini which is simply a Tazer JL Lite that’s pre-activated to have the full Tazer JL feature set.

The new firmware update, which is nearing completion, will have locker control in both 2WD and 4Hi, and will work as if it were included by the factory, using the locker buttons and the correct dash messages and display.

Any update on this or is it in the latest release?

J-Dub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4Xe Rubicon
Does anyone know if LED Fog lights is coming soon for the Tazer? I’d rather spend the money towards it than give the dealer one hour of shop rate to get my LED fogs working correctly

Mr.Klean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Does anyone know if LED Fog lights is coming soon for the Tazer? I’d rather spend the money towards it than give the dealer one hour of shop rate to get my LED fogs working correctly

I believe it’s going to be in the next update for Tazer. When i messaged Joe the last time at zautomotive he said it’s in the 11.0.7 beta but had not been able to test it yet. So I would guess it’s a couple weeks out.

Sponsored

55WillysWagon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 Willys Wagon, 2019 Jeep Wrangler OB JLUR
Sounds like the Lite Brite crew is testing it now according to Kevin (look in axles thread)

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@55WillysWagon

Yes, LiteBrite has a Tazer JL Mini with a pre-release copy of firmware 11.07 on it. Their Tazer JL Lite related video will probably hit YouTube tomorrow.

55WillysWagon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LiteBright video has posted on YouTube. Sounds like they like the Beta version! Can't wait. Just need release timing and I'm in!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@55WillysWagon

I'm not sure if you have purchased the Tazer JL Mini, yet .... but do reach out to me via pm, as I can point you to an approved vendor that is selling the Tazer JL Mini with a 2 year warranty on it for $52.10 less then if you purchased the same at ZAutomotive's website.

The Tazer JL Mini with the 2 yr warranty, delivered will cost you a total of $296.10 when purchased from this reseller.

No, I will not post the info here as the authorized reseller in question, is not a forum sponsor, and I don't want flack for mentioning their company name on the open forum. Yes, this is a reseller of ZAutomotive products and ZAutomotive is a forum sponsor.

And no, I do not work for ZAutomotive, but I am a Tazer JL fanboy..

55WillysWagon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@55WillysWagon

I'm not sure if you have purchased the Tazer JL Mini, yet .... but do reach out to me via pm, as I can point you to an approved vendor that is selling the Tazer JL Mini with a 2 year warranty on it for $52.10 less then if you purchased the same at ZAutomotive's website.

The Tazer JL Mini with the 2 yr warranty, delivered will cost you a total of $296.10 when purchased from this reseller.

No, I will not post the info here as the authorized reseller in question, is not a forum sponsor, and I don't want flack for mentioning their company name on the open forum. Yes, this is a reseller of ZAutomotive products and ZAutomotive is a forum sponsor.

And no, I do not work for ZAutomotive, but I am a Tazer JL fanboy..

I'll let you know as soon as the features formally come out. Thx!
Sponsored