Mopar 7 pin wiring harness issues

CJ-ING-RJ

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 73 CJ5, 07 Electra Glide
Need some help please no lights. I’ve been reading through the forums and am only finding general discussions about how bad the install sucks. I am a electrician so I can get pretty technical with this.

I’ve got a 18 JLUR with steel bumpers and LED lighting packages for reference. I installed the Mopar 82215896 wiring harness this weekend. Install took time but went pretty easy. All connections look good.

The problem I am having is I’ve got only 12v power from the red wire at the 7 pin connector. Absolutely nothing else. I do have power at the input connector going into the module that is added behind the RR tail light. It’s seems like the Module is bad. Mopar is not willing to offer any over the phone assistance, they tell me it has to go to the dealer for troubleshooting then they will warranty it after I pay for labor.

Anyone have this issue or ideas on how to test the module.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Cutterwolf

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL, 1963 Ford Fairlane, 2012 Honda Civic EXL
Hi...Ive got the exact same issue...did you find a solution yet?

OP
OP
CJ-ING-RJ

CJ-ING-RJ

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi...Ive got the exact same issue...did you find a solution yet?
I have not..... yet.....
I plan on diving into it more tonight. Knowing the module pins and what it does would be helpful.

Cutterwolf

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have not..... yet.....
I plan on diving into it more tonight. Knowing the module pins and what it does would be helpful.

Okay...good luck sir!..
There is another thread on here with the same issue...I've reached out to him as well...if I find a solution..Ill let you know...

OP
OP
CJ-ING-RJ

CJ-ING-RJ

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay...good luck sir!..
There is another thread on here with the same issue...I've reached out to him as well...if I find a solution..Ill let you know...
Can you provide me a link to that thread so I can start following it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CJ-ING-RJ

CJ-ING-RJ

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well this totally sucked!!!!

Alright guys I got my system working. To say the least I’m VERY disappointed in this Mopar product. I will be referencing the Mopar supplied paper work when I’m talking about connector identification.

Here is what I found;
1 the factory side of connector B1 (12V power connector) was not seated properly so the 12V was not making it to the 7 pin connector.
2. The pin input side on connector B6 of both turn signals were not seated.
3. on the running lights Connector O had the spade that makes a connection to connector J bent towards the center of the connector. Which results in no connection to the outgoing pin that connects to your trailer.

AND now to top it all off I’m getting a “no right rear turn signal “ notification. The shit part is I clearly have all running, brake and turn signals working so I’m in the process of pulling both negative battery cables to hopefully reset the message.......

Good luck

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
There is 3 spots to check this..... Right at the 7way in the rear bumper.... Behind the rt rear flare it runs up to it, and at the 401 connector under the right dash(pain in the ass to get too)

Cutterwolf

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well this totally sucked!!!!

Alright guys I got my system working. To say the least I’m VERY disappointed in this Mopar product. I will be referencing the Mopar supplied paper work when I’m talking about connector identification.

Here is what I found;
1 the factory side of connector B1 (12V power connector) was not seated properly so the 12V was not making it to the 7 pin connector.
2. The pin input side on connector B6 of both turn signals were not seated.
3. on the running lights Connector O had the spade that makes a connection to connector J bent towards the center of the connector. Which results in no connection to the outgoing pin that connects to your trailer.

AND now to top it all off I’m getting a “no right rear turn signal “ notification. The shit part is I clearly have all running, brake and turn signals working so I’m in the process of pulling both negative battery cables to hopefully reset the message.......

Good luck

Glad you have it working :)
Im not sure why, (maybe because Im in Canada) but my paperwork is not referencing the same as yours..I hate to ask..do you mind taking a pic of what you have referenced?..or do you have a PDF link of the instructions?

OP
OP
CJ-ING-RJ

CJ-ING-RJ

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad you have it working :)
Im not sure why, (maybe because Im in Canada) but my paperwork is not referencing the same as yours..I hate to ask..do you mind taking a pic of what you have referenced?..or do you have a PDF link of the instructions?
I will see what I can do this evening after work.

Sponsored

Cutterwolf

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Luck....I get power (red) at the module but not after that.....unless the red isn't seated right after i connect it..it may be the module
looks like I'm bringing it in to my local Jeep guys

Cutterwolf

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay...guys at Just Jeeps (www.justjeeps.com) got mine working :) ...seems like there is a difference in the Canadian version and the US version...
If I understood correctly it had something to do with the "red" and the extra module (I think the daytime running lights may have also been a factor).

I will get the actual info and post as soon as I see them again...
Sponsored