Door wiring harness bent pins

ATXMTB

First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sport S, Red Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
I put my doors back on after a trail run and found that some, but not all functions, were not working on the driver side door. I disconnected the harness and found several bent pins. I tried bending them back straight and that did fix a few functions like the door locks. But it looks like I’ll need a new harness to fix everything. Some of the pins bend again every time I try to straight them and reconnect the harness.

I have been searching mopar’s website for a replacement harness but cannot find the part.

Has anyone experienced this issue? How did you go about fixing it?

Thanks

Advertisement

cdavison82

First Name
Christopher
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Granite Mettalic
I’m looking for them too for another reason. I want to make the audible blind spot noise work with doors off so I’m thinking if I had an extra wiring harness I could make the signal pass through without the light in mirror which I think is what is breaking the circuit.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3 / 2018 JLR (all manual, of course)
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I have to ask... did you check with your dealer?

Benny at @AllMoparParts.com should be able to point you in the right direction.

OP
ATXMTB

ATXMTB

First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sport S, Red Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase

Snug

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Did you ever get this fixed? I slammed the door on the harness and cracked it, now it won't properly close without using my knife to pull the safety pin out in order for it to lock in place

Melduncan

First Name
Melissa
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I put my doors back on after a trail run and found that some, but not all functions, were not working on the driver side door. I disconnected the harness and found several bent pins. I tried bending them back straight and that did fix a few functions like the door locks. But it looks like I’ll need a new harness to fix everything. Some of the pins bend again every time I try to straight them and reconnect the harness.

I have been searching mopar’s website for a replacement harness but cannot find the part.

Has anyone experienced this issue? How did you go about fixing it?

Thanks
OMG yes. Mine has has issues since day one. Bought the jeep new in 2018 and they have fixed the same harness 5 times even replaced it and that one drivers side door is the only one that has problems. I have been told i am removing the doors wrong, but all the other doors are fine. I also noticed the driver side harness is very easy to take off and the ones that work well are hard to get off. It has been at the dealership so much it , there now since Thursday. Mine would do the auto start. Doors don't unlock when you turn off the car, and radio stays on for a while. Lights don't come on in the interior when I open the door. It is like the jeep is not registering that the door is on. Let me know if you figure it out. I asked the dealer to try to find some kind of upgraded harness.

Advertisement

Advertisement