Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nextventuremotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 Willys VJ, 1973 Jeep Commando, 18 JL , 21 JT
Occupation
CAD Designer, Adventure Machine Outfitter
EDIT: Covers are shipping! *First to market* These are professionally welded by hand, and *CNC Machined Flat* on their mating surface after welding to ensure that any warping from heating/cooling is taken care of.

Update #2: 10/10/18: Rear Diff Skids Shipping!
https://www.nextventuremotorsports.com/product/jl-rds-m220/

http://www.nextventuremotorsports.com/product/dana-m220-rear-differential-cover/
http://www.nextventuremotorsports.com/product/dana-m210-front-differential-cover/

More updates can be found here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/next-venture-motorsports.86/

Did anyone else notice the rock grabbing shape on the bottom of the new "next gen" axles? Looks like the weight savings/material reduction in the center section was a bit of a compromise for those of us that might rock crawl.

Our HD Differential Covers should beef up the mating flange/lip area on the bottom and help distribute any hits. We're also looking at offering a differential skid for the sake of making things smooth on the bottom. A couple of these items have already been shipped out for testing, so I'll update this thread as we go :)

Updated:
20181009_084355.jpg

M210 Red Installed.jpg

M210 Prototype Installed.jpg

View attachment 17485

20180220_165216.jpg

20180220_165354.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:
OP
OP
NextDan

NextDan

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Rear Diff Skids are up!

Details:
The new JL Wrangler axle’s are a fantastic upgrade over the previous Jeep Wrangler axles, but their shape is not ideal for rock crawling. The thin, exposed lip on the very back of the housing is not only a rock grabber, but a potential risk of a cracked housing/fluid loss if hit hard enough or worn through over time.

The Next Venture RDS is a heavy duty skid designed to protect the vulnerable ribs on the JL rear differential, and provides a smooth surface to slide over obstacles. This skid is built from a combination of 1/4″ and 3/8″ thick steel, that ties into multiple locations on the differential flange, as well as clamping tight to the snout of the differential, distributing any force (such as the weight of the vehicle on a rock) over a much larger area.

This skid is CAD designed using 3D models for a precise fit, and to retain every bit of possible ground clearance. All the components are CNC laser cut, and CNC press brake formed for a proper, precise fit.

https://www.nextventuremotorsports.com/product/jl-rds-m220/

20181009_084355.jpg

20181004_135544.jpg

20181003_073719.jpg

IMG_6138.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
NextDan

NextDan

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Sponsored

OP
OP
NextDan

NextDan

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Can you powdercoat in colors other than black, such as OEM paint colors?
I have a Red and a White that are a close match. It's also hard to tell if there's a difference on body paint vs powder coat that is under the rig since the lighting is different... Matching the granite, silver, blue, mojito etc is best left for a local powder coater that could compare samples to your rig in real life to get a good match.

If the black one comes off our rig for any reason, we'll probably look at doing a black zinc, or clear coat over bare metal ;)

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
I put this RDS on a couple weeks ago before heading to VA for some wheeling. @NextDan provided great responses to my questions prior to purchasing. Top notch service and product, plus the welds are exceptional.

I’d recommend going with their powder coating, but I wanted it to match my diff covers…so, a little cleaning, acetone, primer, paint and install! The RDS is heavy duty and, well, heavy. A second person to help hold it in place would be a plus. Also, follow the directions on putting the nut sticks in before the top clamp…I didn’t and had to do a little puzzle trial to set them in place.

Maybe lost a ÂĽ to 3/8 inch of clearance, but easy insurance and I really like that it give some protection to the pinion flange.

Prime 1.jpg

Prime 2.jpg

Install 1.jpg

Install 2.jpg

Install 3.jpg