Sponsored

JL Wrangler Build and Price Configurator now available on Jeep.com!

VJ Smedlo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Copperhead AEV JKU, 2017 Chief JKU, 2018 Mojito! JLUR
Is that something that can be changed easily with aftermarket accessories or paint?
I'm counting on it.
Sponsored

Fox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk
* Update: Build & Price is now available at Jeep.com (link). Click on "Doors" to toggle 2 and 4 door.

** To see all base and invoice pricing for all models, options, groups, see -- 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU Base and Options Price (w/ Invoice) (Sport, S, Sahara, Rubicon)

2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-builder1 2.jpg
I’m stock in choosing btw hard top roof or wait for sliding power top. But in a 2nd thought is it possible to order both the hard top & sliding power top?
Then switch them Whenever you like?

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I’m stock in choosing btw hard top roof or wait for sliding power top. But in a 2nd thought is it possible to order both the hard top & sliding power top?
Then switch them Whenever you like?
Not sure about ordering both, but I haven’t seen it as an option. From what I’ve read, Jeep discourages taking the power top off as it is difficult to align the tracks when putting it back on.

Reactions: Fox

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Not sure about ordering both, but I haven’t seen it as an option. From what I’ve read, Jeep discourages taking the power top off as it is difficult to align the tracks when putting it back on.
I would not take the power top off. Good luck trying to get it " factory" right again.

Knjkime

First Name
Kirby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JK
Don't like that you have to have tan leather interior if you want the orange or green exterior. And the red dash for Rubicon is standard unless you get tan interior. Not that it matters but wish that panel was same as body color like my cj5. They kept referencing the cj in the design presentation that would have been a nice touch instead of this

Sponsored

docjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, Firecracker Red
great find, so the ONLY jeep with a fold down middle rear seat (talking the fold down arm rest, not the whole seat) is the Sahara leather seats unless these pictures are wrong....its the only one that has the cup holders NOT in the floor, and mounted to the headrest of the middle seat. Every other trim (including Sahara cloth) and model regardless of cloth or leather as the option have cup holders behind the center console.

Hey! I ordered the same Firecracker Red Rubi with same wheels!

docjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, Firecracker Red
I feel like you are describing me.....and many others. I've been battling in my mind that this jeep is 50K and no wrangler should be; but I then remembered that when compared to the TJ I had last, this Wrangler is heads and shoulders more capable, comfy, and has the TECH that my TJ could have only dreamed of. It's worth the 50K to me.....and I suspect many others as well.

Concur with you both! Ordered a Red Rubicon and already signed up for an all weekend off roading course in upstate NY!

webertiger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Occupation
Physics and Astronomy Teacher
I've searched around but can't find an answer to this one:
Are the tan cloth seats going to be offered with the Rubicon? They're not available on the builder right now. Why would the black cloth seats be an option but not the tan like they are on the sport? Any info out there?

Sponsored

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I've searched around but can't find an answer to this one:
Are the tan cloth seats going to be offered with the Rubicon? They're not available on the builder right now. Why would the black cloth seats be an option but not the tan like they are on the sport? Any info out there?
Considering its an option for the Sport/Sport S to have tan cloth, I do not see why they wouldnt offer it at some point. No telling though honestly, maybe they are waiting for special edition Rubicons/Saharas before they do it. Or maybe they want to wait and see if its worth investing in the premium tan cloth seats based on how sales of the Sport/Sport S tan cloth goes first. No idea, just speculation.

tjrider99

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Subaru, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
So, I was on Jeeps web site building a Rubicon and when I select the Punk'n Metallic it forces me to add the tan leather seats. I also wanted the dual top and body color freedom top. My question, what color is the soft top going to be with this configuration? Black or tan? I really don't want a tan soft top!

webertiger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Occupation
So, I was on Jeeps web site building a Rubicon and when I select the Punk'n Metallic it forces me to add the tan leather seats. I also wanted the dual top and body color freedom top. My question, what color is the soft top going to be with this configuration? Black or tan? I really don't want a tan soft top!
It's the black soft top with the duel top option. I'm not sure there's a way to get the tan top with the duel tops even if you wanted it.

tjrider99

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Subaru, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
It's the black soft top with the duel top option. I'm not sure there's a way to get the tan top with the duel tops even if you wanted it.
OK...another question. Is there a way to add heated front seats without adding the Cold Weather Group? I don't want to pay for all the other stuff.

webertiger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Occupation
OK...another question. Is there a way to add heated front seats without adding the Cold Weather Group? I don't want to pay for all the other stuff.
Not on the builder. Is it possible? I'd like to know if there are any other options that you can add a la carte such as the heated seats, too.
Sponsored