Sponsored

JL Wrangler Build and Price Configurator now available on Jeep.com!

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner
I'd pay extra for that!
Only if it was on the driver's side so it would "wave" to all those !(*&^@ cruising in the left (passing) lane.
Sponsored

Goobermaniac

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 trailblazer and ready for a JL
My build..

Not a smoker but I get that MacGyver-esque feeling when I have cigar lighter.. :)

I went simple since I plan to add some after market bumpers and lights.. Going for a overland build.. I wish we had access to the MOPAR Performance part store when building the JL. Be nice to include all the options and see how it looks (Snorkel, 2" Lift, Lights, etc)..
upload_2017-12-20_14-49-33.png

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
What the heck is "Jeep Wave Equipped"?
It's a program where you get 2 oil change/tire rotations per year for the first 2 years along with some other stuff.

Sponsored

TheMindbender

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX
If you're going to talk "upgrades" a stock JL vs stock JK is no comparison. It's not just check boxes, how about everything that comes built in. What value do you attribute to better ride quality, transmissions, interior, engine, lighter top and on and on. Not sure why no one focuses on these when talking price. They increase prices year to year even for no or tiny incremental changes. There's a lot baked into the JL that more than account for the price gap.
Ok here's my issue with this logic

Yes Jeep has absolutely done a great job with the new JL but the JK was already overpriced to begin with

they brought a 10 year old platform just up to date for 2017 and added even more cost

so yes you do get a lot more than the JK, that's undeniable but it is still very overpriced considering what else you can get for the money

PS - I still want a JL though

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
The Wrangler is priced more as a lifestyle vehicle now than ever. When I build out each model to my spec and "lightly" -meaning minimal options- it's comes out being a grand or so ahead of the JK, which was already expensive. Still want one, but I have a few years to go, so I should have even more options to finagle making my JL dreams come true. I think most should be able to make it work just like they did on the JK, you'll just have to exercise more discretion when it comes to how you spec your JL out.
When I did this for the JKU Sport and Sport S compared to the JLU Sport S it is over a $4,000 difference.

For a JLU Rubicon you more so have to Compare it to the Recon than a JKUR.

JayV

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 Ford Expedition EL 4x4

Yes Jeep has absolutely done a great job with the new JL but the JK was already overpriced to begin with

they brought a 10 year old platform just up to date for 2017 and added even more cost

so yes you do get a lot more than the JK, that's undeniable but it is still very overpriced considering what else you can get for the money

If it the Wrangler was overpriced, they wouldn't be selling like crack rock. Expensive? Yes. But the market says they are priced appropriately--if not underpriced.

JayV

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 Ford Expedition EL 4x4
Any idea on when we can get the all black wheels like on the hella yella?
I've been thinking the base wheels would be really easy to plasti dip the silver parts to match those all black hella yella wheels.

Sponsored

TheMindbender

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX
If it the Wrangler was overpriced, they wouldn't be selling like crack rock.
That's not really true

they're plenty of overpriced items people line up for (apple) simply because of the demand and lifestyle branding

The demand of Wranglers is high enough that people will pay no matter what

*insert shut up and take my money meme*

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
That's not really true

they're plenty of overpriced items people line up for (apple) simply because of the demand and lifestyle branding

The point is that demand would drop if the pricing was out of whack with what the market can support. Claiming it is overpriced is just an opinion, what matters is the marketplace.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer

I agree, pricey, yes. However, I have no idea what other vehicle I can buy that's a covertable in the summer and a beast in the winter. I can't think of one. Not that you are saying this but if one more non jeeper says to me "for a Jeep? !" regarding price. I'm going to drive over the hood of his Honda!

TheMindbender

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX
The point is that demand would drop if the pricing was out of whack with what the market can support. Claiming it is overpriced is just an opinion, what matters is the marketplace.
So serious question

Do you think a $1000 increase compared to the current increase would affect Jeep's sales or desirability in the marketplace?

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
That's not really true

And let's not all forget this thing was truly changed from the ground up! Now if I can only recline the drivers seat without opening the door..... We'll see.....Can't wait for my Crystal Ruby to show up.
Sponsored