Sponsored

Jeep.com Build & Price glitch on stitching color?

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Hello,

As a soon to be owner of a 21 JL Rubicon (4xe?) I have been playing around on Jeep.com's Build & Price option, looking at Gas, Diesel, and PHEV and just playing around with available options. One of the thing that really disinterests me from a regular Jeep is the red accents everywhere. I am not a fan of red and have been searching around to find different color options. Only the 4xe has blue which is more of my style.

Anyways, I noticed that depending on the options selected, I can get rid of the red stitching for white, although most of the time I had to get brown (yuck) leather seats. Today I was clicking around the options and somehow got the Rubicon seats black with white stitching while also getting the steering wheel and shifter with white stitching, and of course getting rid of the red dash for something normal. But I feel this is a glitch and feel if I submit this order, it's going to come out with a mix match of colors (black seats with white stitch, steering wheel and shifter black with red stitch, etc).

Here are the options on two Rubicons and how it looks. You'll see black with white stitching is actually selected as the brown leather trimmed seat option w/perforated black leather. Something is telling me that combination is causing this glitch. Just wanted to check in with you guys on your thoughts.

I posted this in General as this applies to all models I'm seeing.

And yes the pricing is different but that's only because I fully priced out one with options after the seats. So everything before the seat selection is the same for these two.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep.com Build & Price glitch on stitching color? Jeep w black and white INT.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep.com Build & Price glitch on stitching color? Jeep w black and red INT.JPG
Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Because in the first photo, you selected the Mopar Black perforated leather seats option, which negates the above cloth/leather seat options.

OP
OP
LJ_3M121318

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Because in the first photo, you selected the Mopar Black perforated leather seats option, which negates the above cloth/leather seat options.
Which normally would make sense but if you look at the first photo I selected the brown leather seats too. If I chose black instead, then I get black seats with red stitching and red dash. So how does that make sense that brown seats with black = black seats with white stitch?

So its weird because by choosing brown leather seats with black perforated option, its making
a) the seats black with white stitch
b) steering wheel & shifter black with white stitch
c) dashboard black

But if I just change the brown to black color, then the above gets all the red back.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
You’re not understanding. The “Perforated Leather Black by Mopar” is a completely different seat and the “black” is referring to the fact that it is black leather, not that is has black stitching. If you pick either Mopar seat option, it does not matter if you picked cloth or black/brown leather above that because those options become null and void.

**Edit: or do you mean you understand that but Youre saying that if your regular leather choice is black, and then you choose Mopar perforated, you get a preview of white witching in seats but red stitching on steering wheel and gear lever but if it was brown then you see white stitching on seats and steering wheel and gear lever?

OP
OP
LJ_3M121318

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
You’re not understanding. The “Perforated Leather Black by Mopar” is a completely different seat and the “black” is referring to the fact that it is black leather, not that is has black stitching. If you pick either Mopar seat option, it does not matter if you picked cloth or black/brown leather above that because those options become null and void.

**Edit: or do you mean you understand that but Youre saying that if your regular leather choice is black, and then you choose Mopar perforated, you get a preview of white witching in seats but red stitching on steering wheel and gear lever but if it was brown then you see white stitching on seats and steering wheel and gear lever?
Yes to your edit.

Completely understand and agree to the selection of Mopar seats overriding the color option.
But what I'm saying is, by selecting the color option, it gets rid of the red stitch throughout the interior.

So if I just only select Black mopar seats, I can get black seats with white stitch, however the steering wheel and shifter are still with red stitching.

It's when I ALSO select brown seats, along with black Mopar seats, that the entire interior becomes black leather with white stitching (no red at all). To me, that's what I want, but I don't believe this is a real build and just a glitch in the ordering options.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LJ_3M121318

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Here is the other option, without choosing color but only selecting Mopar seats. Black seats with white stitch but red all over everywhere else
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep.com Build & Price glitch on stitching color? Jeep w black and white and red INT.JPG

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Yes to your edit.

Completely understand and agree to the selection of Mopar seats overriding the color option.
But what I'm saying is, by selecting the color option, it gets rid of the red stitch throughout the interior.

So if I just only select Black mopar seats, I can get black seats with white stitch, however the steering wheel and shifter are still with red stitching.

It's when I ALSO select brown seats, along with black Mopar seats, that the entire interior becomes black leather with white stitching (no red at all). To me, that's what I want, but I don't believe this is a real build and just a glitch in the ordering options.
My apologies, it appears that it was I who initially misunderstood your post! That is very interesting indeed. I really wish I could tell you that it wasn’t a glitch because that would be great for anyone who wants all white stitching. Jeep is never of any help so I hope a few members who opted for the Mopar seats chime in and give some details.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Here is the other option, without choosing color but only selecting Mopar seats. Black seats with white stitch but red all over everywhere else
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep.com Build & Price glitch on stitching color? Jeep w black and white and red INT.JPG
The fact you can have white stitching on your seats and red stitching on everything else in the first place is just mind boggling. All the stitching should be related to what seats one chooses and what color stitching those seats have.
But nothing is that easy, especially with FCA-_-

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
So it isn’t a glitch, but you need to understand what you are doing.

you are essentially picking seats, then replacing the seats with aftermarket Mopar seats that are installed at the factory.

so by choosing the tan leather and then the Mopar perf seats, you are basically building a Jeep with the tan leather seats and getting the gray dash and white stitching. Then you are replacing those tan leather seats with black Mopar seats.

So it will work, but you are paying for leather twice.

edit: another implication is you will get the fold-down rear cup holders this way. If you chose the Mopar seats over cloth you get the cupholders behind the console.

Namakan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
The site definitely has “glitches” in it I’ve noticed but my dealer was able to confirm. In my case if you build a Snazzberry Willys it shows the grill as being the body color but actually it will be delivered black as it’s suppose to on all Willys.

My sales guy who has sold Jeep’s for 20 plus years believed the website is administered by a third party company and errors do occur.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LJ_3M121318

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
So it isn’t a glitch, but you need to understand what you are doing.

you are essentially picking seats, then replacing the seats with aftermarket Mopar seats that are installed at the factory.

so by choosing the tan leather and then the Mopar perf seats, you are basically building a Jeep with the tan leather seats and getting the gray dash and white stitching. Then you are replacing those tan leather seats with black Mopar seats.

So it will work, but you are paying for leather twice.

edit: another implication is you will get the fold-down rear cup holders this way. If you chose the Mopar seats over cloth you get the cupholders behind the console.
Interesting, so this sounds like a legitimate option?

Yes, do see that I would be paying for seats twice but as much as I hate the red stitching, I don't mind paying a premium for that. Although this is a bit pricey, but the reality is if I had black seats with white stitching but black steering and shifter with red stitching, I would end up taking it to an upholstery place to get that switched to white anyway, so in the end the cost would be there anyway.

Also, I am perfectly fine with rear fold down with cup holders, so that's another plus.

Thank you for your explanation, it sounds logical and I think it would be built that way. I just worry someone in Ohio reading the build sheet and thinking I wanted tan seats and just installs that instead...

Anyways, kinda pricey option but if this works as you stated, this would be huge for me as it opens the possibility to any Rubicon for me (not just limited to the 4xe since that eliminated the red trims...I know, it sounds like a superficial reason for picking one Jeep over another but I can not stress how much I hate that red layout)

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
The build and price tool is definitely a bit glitchy. I was able to produce this lovely colored Jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep.com Build & Price glitch on stitching color? 36061083-8704-474C-B643-01B1CE4AB4AF
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep.com Build & Price glitch on stitching color? 3192434A-4C5F-4A4E-BE31-958D23228852

A few weeks after posting it here, it was fixed on their website.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
One of the thing that really disinterests me from a regular Jeep is the red accents everywhere. I am not a fan of red and have been searching around to find different color options.
I am also not a fan of the red all over the interior. And when I test drove it, I realized all the displays have lots of orange in them, which I am not a fan of either. I also prefer the cooler colors like blue or green for screens. Good to know there is an option for white stitching.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Interesting, so this sounds like a legitimate option?

Yes, do see that I would be paying for seats twice but as much as I hate the red stitching, I don't mind paying a premium for that. Although this is a bit pricey, but the reality is if I had black seats with white stitching but black steering and shifter with red stitching, I would end up taking it to an upholstery place to get that switched to white anyway, so in the end the cost would be there anyway.

Also, I am perfectly fine with rear fold down with cup holders, so that's another plus.

Thank you for your explanation, it sounds logical and I think it would be built that way. I just worry someone in Ohio reading the build sheet and thinking I wanted tan seats and just installs that instead...

Anyways, kinda pricey option but if this works as you stated, this would be huge for me as it opens the possibility to any Rubicon for me (not just limited to the 4xe since that eliminated the red trims...I know, it sounds like a superficial reason for picking one Jeep over another but I can not stress how much I hate that red layout)
Honestly if it was me i would just order the tan seats and then have the dealer do Katzkin seats. Then you would have more options to customize your seats. They may even be able to give you the tan leather seats to sell and offset the cost. I would talk to your dealer.

OP
OP
LJ_3M121318

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
LOL that's hilarious.

Crap, now that got me double checking so when I went to 360 view, look what it's showing.
Not only a mix of black/tan but now the stitching is white with also blue (from the 4xe). This is a Diesel Rubicon build...lol

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep.com Build & Price glitch on stitching color? Capture.JPG
Sponsored