Sponsored

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
I like the Wacky bright colors on jeeps. I couldn't daily drive a gecko, mojito ?, that's another story. My favorite is punkin or orange or like a burnt copper.....
Sponsored

JackA

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon; Nacho
Vehicle Showcase
Not according to what I’ve read.

The built-in generator supposedly replaces both the alternator and the auxiliary battery.

Can an eTorque owner who has peeked under the hood please chime in?
My 2021 3.6 L eTorque BSG has: a 12 VDC primary starter battery, a Generator/Motor which replaced the Alternator and a 48 VDC Lithium battery mounted in the frame on the driver side in front of the rear axle which replaced the "motorcycle" 12 VDC battery of previous models. The 48 VDC battery handles all the ESS (Engine Start Stop) functions, on board electronics, provides power for about 70 Foot pounds of additinal torque during the first one half rotation of the tires. I have about 12,000 miles on this vehicle and the eTorque system is great in my opinion.

Orpheum

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Unlimited
I've been configuring Rubicons and Saharas for the past couple of months. Every time I select the auto transmission for V6, it switches the engine to the eTourque automatically. Yesterday, on the Sahara, it let me select the auto transmission and kept he base V6 in the configuration. It doesn't do this for the Rubicon. Do you think this is a configurator issue, or can you really get the base V6 with auto? I'll be ordering an unlimited as soon as the 2022's are available and am trying to figure out which engine to go with.

benny_rt2

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 YJ - 1999 TJ - 2004 TJ
I'm not even ready yet to order a jeep, but still it's fun to go there and spec them out.

I'm more excited about the 4.88 gearing option. Would like to get that on a rubicon 2dr when I eventually order.

just to nit pick... another bug I noticed if selected tan top, tan leather, then switching to perforated leather. My favorite bug was the clown color scheme red/yellow half doors on the gecko
Jeep Wrangler JL Gecko Color and Gorilla Glass Now on Jeep.com Wrangler Build & Price 2021-07-27_12-36-01
Sponsored