Sponsored

JL Wrangler Build and Price Configurator now available on Jeep.com!

Snerf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
We are getting the tan leather with Firecracker red. Swung by the dealer today to get a firmer quote. Right now we're at $46k ($1k off FWP of $47k / $49.8k MSRP): JLUR, wheels, bumper, tow, prem soft top, body color fenders.

Not sure what discounts, if any, are available. Typical opaque dealer stuff. I'm not really trying to negotiate anything; they've been helpful and pretty nonchalant. Claim they're making $500 and will place the final order without a deposit. They're one of the higher volume dealers in the US, and take orders hand-over-fist each day.

If anyone has any particular insight as to pricing, I'd like to hear it. OTOH, this is a 20 year "keeper" car so squabbling over pennies isn't really necessary. That is, if it's just pennies and not thousands of dollars.
Sponsored

JaybearWL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0t
I think I'm leaning toward a JLU Sahara with AT, cold weather, white body, black hardtop and black seats. I think if my wife were choosing she'd pick the same but swap for tan soft top and tan seats - gotta admit, that looks great with white body.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I'm enjoying all of the hubbub, but it's all silly bluster. Look, I'm not a life-long Jeep guy (outside of renting JKU's in the Caribbean), but I have some pedigree. I had a '80 K5 with 35's that I took through the trees weekly(yes, the V8 Blazer with the removable top) and I've been biding my time until my girls are old enough to go to the beach with us with the doors off. I have wanted the JKU since I saw one in Key West years ago, but life got in the way. I will drive on the beach every weekend, I will revisit my Upstate NY trails whenever I can, I do love driving in the snow. I AM getting a JLUR mostly loaded simply because the Sahara comp was only $3K less and gave Select-Trac but smaller tires, less attractive wheels, no lockers/disconnect, vinyl dash, lower flares, etc. Will I "Rubicon" it all the time? Sadly, no. But I won't be mall-crawling either. I think I'm in the sweet spot of the JLUR market: affluent (enough) to buy factory, don't have the time/energy to mod to my heart's content (beyond a bumper here and there, some lights on the winch guard and a winch for my punk-ass Subaru friends) but will enjoy/exploit the factory specs, love the tech, need the safety, at the point where I deserve some luxury.

The Red Rubi, painted top, painted fenders, leather, Nav and toasty seats is $53-55 all in, and I'm O.K. with that (and sooooo many like me will be too). I think the upgrades in weight, safety, durability, style, modernization, economy, and flexibility and ease of use MORE than comprise a $3-4K increase over a JK (don't need the torque/cost of the 3l diesel). I see the point from those that say the JK price is already inflated, but the market dictates: I have no Jeep "loyalties" (yet), but find me another 4-season, 4-door convertible with 4 wheel drive, 30" of water clearance and a bullet proof drivetrain and I'll cross shop it.

I will "wave" when waved to, I will park it at Target when I need to go shopping, and I will never apologize to the "old school" or "faux school" who think I don't need or deserve one, or are worried that my 'Con isn't getting beaten up enough.

And I will continue to read the posts here and laugh with the people who don't take any of this too seriously, and laugh at the ones who do...
Aaahhh, screw it, I'll just wait for the even more over priced Scrambler. I mean, hey, at least it's not a Ridgeline (another awesome much maligned vehicle whose owners aren't "real" enough, or "truck" enough or some other such nonsensical criticism)

Last edited:

blairsirman

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Town and Country, Volkswagen EOS, soon a JL Wrangler :-)
I'm enjoying all of the hubbub, but it's all silly bluster. Look, I'm not a life-long Jeep guy (outside of renting JKU's in the Caribbean), but I have some pedigree. I had a '80 K5 with 35's that I took through the trees weekly(yes, the V8 Blazer with the removable top) and I've been biding my time until my girls are old enough to go to the beach with us with the doors off. I have wanted the JKU since I saw one in Key West years ago, but life got in the way. I will drive on the beach every weekend, I will revisit my Upstate NY trails whenever I can, I do love driving in the snow. I AM getting a JLUR mostly loaded simply because the Sahara comp was only $3K less and gave Select-Trac but smaller tires, less attractive wheels, no lockers/disconnect, vinyl dash, lower flares, etc. Will I "Rubicon" it all the time? Sadly, no. But I won't be mall-crawling either. I think I'm in the sweet spot of the JLUR market: affluent (enough) to buy factory, don't have the time/energy to mod to my heart's content (beyond a bumper here and there, some lights on the winch guard and a winch for my punk-ass Subaru friends) but will enjoy/exploit the factory specs, love the tech, need the safety, at the point where I deserve some luxury.

The Red Rubi, painted top, painted fenders, leather, Nav and toasty seats is $53-55 all in, and I'm O.K. with that (and sooooo many like me will be too). I think the upgrades in weight, safety, durability, style, modernization, economy, and flexibility and ease of use MORE than comprise a $3-4K increase over a JK (don't need the torque/cost of the 3l diesel). I see the point from those that say the JK price is already inflated, but the market dictates: I have no Jeep "loyalties" (yet), but find me another 4-season, 4-door convertible with 4 wheel drive, 30" of water clearance and a bullet proof drivetrain and I'll cross shop it.

I will "wave" when waved to, I will park it at Target when I need to go shopping, and I will never apologize to the "old school" or "faux school" who think I don't need or deserve one, or are worried that my 'Con isn't getting beaten up enough.

And I will continue to read the posts here and laugh with the people who don't take any of this too seriously, and laugh at the ones who do...
I feel like you are describing me.....and many others. I've been battling in my mind that this jeep is 50K and no wrangler should be; but I then remembered that when compared to the TJ I had last, this Wrangler is heads and shoulders more capable, comfy, and has the TECH that my TJ could have only dreamed of. It's worth the 50K to me.....and I suspect many others as well.

Sponsored

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Granite Crystal looks fantastic with the red dash.

My Jeep 2.jpg

My Jeep 3.jpg
I was responding to a tan leather question, and how I thought that the tan leather had limited exterior color options, red being maybe the best combo. As far as Granite Crystal with black leather and red dash and stitching...... That's what I ordered

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer

I'm with you bro. It was a bit odd, only in retrospect of course, buying my first Wrangler a 2012 JKU Altitude Edition, and before I knew it, I was hooked on buying shit like headlights, interior led lights (so I could find my phone when I dropped it) , better tires before the blizzard hit, extra storage bits, better radio, stuffing the amp and sounbar with pollyfill (still might have to do that, lol) , but anyway these things I was adding were to a new vehicle! Having to constantly keep protectant on the black bumper caps so they don't grey out, led tail and reverse lights to stop me from doing over an old lady... . I digress, but you get the point. Based on what I've seen I don't feel like all those basic things will be necessary add-ons this time around. Will there be something I add/remove? Maybe, but that's typical with every vehicle. But it sounds like they covered the basics and then some this time around.
[ Crystal Rubicon with almost all options, less the last page of crap, it booked @ $53, 775ish but with "TL" pricing landed me right on that crazy number.... 50k.]
I'll live and I bet I'll have some fun too.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I was responding to a tan leather question, and how I thought that the tan leather had limited exterior color options, red being maybe the best combo. As far as Granite Crystal with black leather and red dash and stitching...... That's what I ordered
I actually really like the Gray (Crystal or Sting Gray) with the Black interior and that red dash. Might make me rethink the Firecracker, even though I've had a bunch of gray/silver cars

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
What's the price difference between a fully loaded JLUR and a fully loaded JK Recon? That's probably the best/closest comparison.

Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
LOL, on a 2018 JKUR the 4.10 gears cost $695 on the USA site and $125 on the Canada site.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
What's the price difference between a fully loaded JLUR and a fully loaded JK Recon? That's probably the best/closest comparison.
Fully loaded JLUR - $54,615
Fully loaded JKUR Recon - $54,185 (without the tracking and anything not comparable in any way to the JL...I did add the airbags though since thats standard in the JL, and the tailgate reinforcement since JL is some tungsten something or another....I really dont know, dont care)
Sponsored