2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Fred ya did inspire me to call, so i did. what the heck, huh?

Since i know my jeep has been sitting in ABQ last five plus days waiting to get picked up by a truck and taken to my dealer, it's rather surprising (not really) to hear from the help line that my jeep has been approved for shipping but no arrangements have been made. And i'd advise you to call back in on the 27th if you haven't received your jeep already and then we can escalate.

My response, can we escalate now?

Ok.....

i'll send you an email in a couple days. :)
That is pretty damn stupid. Like it takes 2 more days to escalate? Hope you get it in the next day or 2 but at the least they could have someone call to see whatā€™s up now.
Sponsored

RepeatJeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previously 2005 TJRU, 2018 JLR(Pending)
Occupation
US Army Warrant Officer
8C059F3B-3517-49D4-AECC-5273EDFC62B7.jpeg
Picked it up this afternoon....more pics and commentary to follow this weekend. Thanks for the support and laughs during the wait

EarlyJK

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 2dr JK
I agree. During my 20 week wait I did not call the 866 number till about 13 weeks into it, by then I was getting pissed because nobody knew anything. I called about 10 times over the next 7 weeks and each time the person on the other end of line seem to have some sympathy for what we all were going thru. Information wasn't always timely but much better than the chat. Didn't use chat the last month.
Just called the 866# because my build date was emailed to me a couple weeks ago (6/18 it was scheduled to be built). So today I called cause I hadnā€™t heard anything and I got Ted on the phone(he should really get another job)... said he couldnā€™t find my Jeep in the system and was incapable of getting me any answers at all. Bout had it with these fkn monkeys and this damn Jeep. Not one person is on the same page, the dealers blow as well as the Jeep Chat people, canā€™t wait to flame them all.

Sweetwater

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2018 Compass Trailhawk
Just called the 866# because my build date was emailed to me a couple weeks ago (6/18 it was scheduled to be built). So today I called cause I hadnā€™t heard anything and I got Ted on the phone(he should really get another job)... said he couldnā€™t find my Jeep in the system and was incapable of getting me any answers at all. Bout had it with these fkn monkeys and this damn Jeep. Not one person is on the same page, the dealers blow as well as the Jeep Chat people, canā€™t wait to flame them all.
Ahhhh just calm down as it is going to be like this. Call again in a couple
hours you may get better info and like it. You gotta settle down and accept
this will be an emotional ride like you never went through before. I and many
others went through heck and it was not easy. A few more are still waiting MONTHS
and God Bless them for holding it together.
Call the 877 number I liked them better----1-877-426-5337

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tjwallerphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
"Stormie," A Base 2018 Granite Crystal JL Sport 2-door
Occupation
Professional Action Photographer
I had second thoughts about posting the pics but it helped me to see some when I was waiting. Hopefully it helps and not upsets everyone still waiting. #2doorfamily
Well, I know I can only speak for myself, but seeing your (and everyone's) photos actually helps me deal with this stomach-wrenching anger I have for FCA. I've lost all excitement I should be feeling with my baby being only days away now, and your pics and everyone else's help me to imagine what it'll feel like and the fun I'll have when she does come. Though I can't honestly say that the anger for FCA will subside much even after I have her but that's on me I guess; and just something I'll have to deal with. Keep on posting the photos everyone! :like:

Sponsored

EarlyJK

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 2dr JK
Ahhhh just calm down as it is going to be like this. Call again in a couple
hours you may get better info and like it. You gotta settle down and accept
this will be an emotional ride like you never went through before. I and many
others went through heck and it was not easy. A few more are still waiting MONTHS
and God Bless them for holding it together.
Call the 877 number I liked them better----1-877-426-5337
Just pissed at the thought of my Jeep being possibly thrown together on the 4th of July week.... bunch of hungover or possibly drunk clowns wrenching on my rig (not a great fan of that thought).... this would of been my 6th Jeep (3rd Wrangler) Iā€™m 50/50 with walking away and forgetting this brand. The lack of respect astounds me. I need a beer! Lol

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Well, I know I can only speak for myself, but seeing your (and everyone's) photos actually helps me deal with this stomach-wrenching anger I have for FCA. I've lost all excitement I should be feeling with my baby being only days away now, and your pics and everyone else's help me to imagine what it'll feel like and the fun I'll have when she does come. Though I can't honestly say that the anger for FCA will subside much even after I have her but that's on me I guess; and just something I'll have to deal with. Keep on posting the photos everyone! :like:
Pictures do help, but I think once you drive yours you will be convinced.

Could be a bit of buyer's pride and not wanting to admit you may have made a bad purchase but I'm still feeling very happy. I've got 200 miles and counting. Adding the door hinge protection now, thanks to @R 3 and looking forward to my adventures.

I'm starting to see what some have meant with their reviews and I think you will find your new Jeep overall positive. I'll post a review after I get out a bit more, but so far I will say you have something to look forward to. Let that excitement build, it's worth it.

:beer:

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
I would if I knew how, but I don't. Hope your Jeep comes in soon and all the long term waiters get theirs as well and we go to the normal 4 - 6 week waiting period. I was 137 to pick up and am so thankful the wait is over! I love my JL more than I can say!
Well, guess what? My girl left Toledo and arrived in Walbridge OH!!!! 13 miles already!! Iā€™m so excited, another year with this speed and sheā€™ll be here! This is per JG.

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Well, guess what? My girl left Toledo and arrived in Walbridge OH!!!! 13 miles already!! Iā€™m so excited, another year with this speed and sheā€™ll be here! This is per JG.
Have you been given an estimated delivery to dealer date yet?

Sponsored

NascarMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2015 Grand Cherokee Overland.
Just pissed at the thought of my Jeep being possibly thrown together on the 4th of July week.... bunch of hungover or possibly drunk clowns wrenching on my rig (not a great fan of that thought).... this would of been my 6th Jeep (3rd Wrangler) Iā€™m 50/50 with walking away and forgetting this brand. The lack of respect astounds me. I need a beer! Lol
Have a beer, I will have a Jack and Coke for you as well.

It is worth the wait but I will probably never 'forgive' FCA for the 20 week wait and the total lack of any informative intelligent accurate information.

Sweetwater

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2018 Compass Trailhawk
Yes you have got the "I lost all emotions" stage. That means it is really going
to happen soon. Sounds just me and the others.

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sounds just me and the others.
Well, that's good to hear. I thought I was the only one who would love to stack a few of those FCA pukes on top of each other and test out my new baby by putting her in 4-low and slowly driving over them. :devil: :angel:

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
Letā€™s give it a few more days. If it still hasnā€™t moved I will come on out and we can do a jailbreak.
Let me know when you plan on doing that, I want to see the fireworks when you hit the fence, Sparky.

IMG_6155.jpg

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
How exactly do I contact jeep.com chat?
You got the links, but make sure you tell them Fred and Sweetwater sent you.
Sponsored