First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Ordered hardtop Rubicon on 2/1 and picked it up this week. Happy with it after a week of driving and no regrets on the purchase (or wating) to replace my TJ. Still breaking it in and no off roading yet, but I have to say I've been blown away by the turning radius. I mean, I expected all the nice amenities compared to the TJ, but the maneuverability is awesome. Only downside is slightly wider than the TJ, but everything else is better. I certainly expected the turning radius to be better than my buddy's 4-door JK, but it is also way better than my 2-door TJ or frankly any other vehicle I've owned in a long time (from memory, my Datsun 510 was pretty good too :))
Anyway, no issues so far. No unexpected noise from the Freedom top or whatever. Been looking for manufacturing defects given the wait and rumors, but none found. I bought my TJ new 19 years ago. I hope to keep the JL that long.

IMG_4849.JPG IMG_5263.JPG IMG_9172.JPG IMG_7371.JPG
Congrats for the renewal. 19 years? Impressive. I will give it a try. :fingerscrossed:
Sponsored

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi/Billet Silver
Well prep apparently meant drive the Jeep for 5 miles and test the buttons.

Had a great time giving Ryan a hard time about the wait and asking for more kick backs. It all went smooth except for an odd bit of plastic that no one knew where it came from.

Everything looked top notch.

Had to add one bit before driving home. :)

20180622_182742.jpg
20180622_183246.jpg
20180622_190930.jpg
NIce! Funny-I have my grill/winch guard already packed along with my T45 Torx bit to do the exact same thing before drive off. Looks awesome!

Last edited:

sunol

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler
Congrats for the renewal. 19 years? Impressive. I will give it a try. :fingerscrossed:
Thanks and yeah, give it a try! I hope to do it twice. But don't think I will make it a third time unless the model 19 years from now comes with built in life support and automatic rascal scooter launch. ;)
Scooter-No-Boundaries.jpg

islandbunkie

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
picked mine up yesterday.
IMG_2030.jpg
IMG_2023.jpg
Okay, I love everyone’s pictures, those have to be the best ones yet! Love that it got all dusty and dirty on its maiden voyage!!

Sponsored

LydiaSP613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
damn i thought i was an early riser
G’morning Jeff! :) My gym day alarms are 3:30am. While I love sleeping in on non-gym days, I try not to sleep in toooooo much, cuz it just throws me off schedule & makes those crazy early mornings so much worse. :giggle:

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
G’morning Jeff! :) My gym day alarms are 3:30am. While I love sleeping in on non-gym days, I try not to sleep in toooooo much, cuz it just throws me off schedule & makes those crazy early mornings so much worse. :giggle:
Good morning! I think the best part of the day is early morning and seeing the Jeep!

IMG_20180605_051843586_HDR.jpg

Sponsored

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
i like to get up early , but thats just crazy.

LydiaSP613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
i like to get up early , but thats just crazy.
Yup it is! My workday starts at 7am & two or three days a week doesn’t end til 6pm, so I have to go early. I have nothing left in me at the end of the day to even attempt it. It’s all about going bright & early (well technically it’s dark & early) before my brain & body figure out what’s happening.

Last edited:

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
NIce! Funny-I have my grill/winch guard already packed along with my T45 Torx bit to do the exact same thing before drive off. Looks awesome!
lol

I had to after seeing another do the exact thing. Takes 3 minutes and I agree, looks awesome! Do it. :beer:

Thanks and yeah, give it a try! I hope to do it twice. But don't think I will make it a third time unless the model 19 years from now comes with built in life support and automatic rascal scooter launch. ;)
Scooter-No-Boundaries.jpg
:cwl:

Okay, I love everyone’s pictures, those have to be the best ones yet! Love that it got all dusty and dirty on its maiden voyage!!
I was all set to pull the pumper and install the winch, followed by wheel swap and detailing... but now I have to go drive and see if I can get some dust. :like:

Lydia,

Much mojo in that cup!

Thank you for the spirit along the way. Lovin the Jeeples. Got 3 Jeep waves in the 14 miles I've driven so far. :fist bump:

Quigley

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2 door, 2018 Harley Limited 115th Anniversary Edition, 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 diesel
So excited. I think waiting got harder after I found out she's close.

Never named my rides. Sandstorm sounds awesome, or maybe I just wish I had that v8 and suspension? There isn't much sand in Colorado though. Maybe Rockstorm? Or just debadge and keep it clean. /rambling
Het Krondor,

There is some great sand dune Jeeping just north of Walden Colorado. High dunes, deep bowls and tons of fun. You should try it.
Sponsored