Sponsored

What is an unpopular opinion you have in the Jeep community?

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
I don't like the red dash (or other red accents) on the Rubicon. It's one of the main reasons I went with a Sport (I also don't like the color matching fenders of the Sahara).

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Censorship ! All forms. Mature adults should welcome differing opinions or opinions you disagree with. That’s where growth comes in. MLK said
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that”
My point is Censorship solves nothing but creates more issues. If you let everybody talk then you let everybody decide who’s right. It’s so fundamental but yet so hated on most forums.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Larger tires primarily serve to reduce how far into the wilderness you can go. With driving skills you can get past most obstacles (Hint: You don't have to go over all of them).

There, I said it.

Sponsored

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
IFS… I have owned Polaris Rangers UTV’s. They handle rough terrain better than either one of our Wranglers. So while most like the solid axle, I like IFS. So this is my unpopular opinion..LOL

Last edited:

HempelNet

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon XR (Crystal Granite)
Occupation
Sr. Security Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Man, I have a few some have been mentioned before.

* Rubicon is not always better
* Painted fenders and hardtop are a pass
* Bought a Jeep not a super computer, believe we should be able to repair without a PhD
* Like the engine without the plastic cover as it seems most do not

thegeedawg

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude 4xe
Confessions of a mall crawler; Why I bought a Jeep Wrangler

Loved them since I was a kid, It's iconic, it looks cool and badass, the doors come off, it's a convertible truck, it's ridiculously customizable, and lastly (yep lastly) it's capable of going anywhere should I choose to go anywhere.

So there, I rarely plan to go off-road. And as a bonus, I'll reveal the worst kept secret no one seems to tell the, "I hate mall crawlers" Jeep gate keepers;
Mall crawlers are the majority by a wide, wide, margin.

janusEffect

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
Just because you drive a Jeep, that does not make yu my brother, or even my friend.
I know plenty of assholes who drive Jeeps.
In several circles, that would include me.
When I owned a BMW, I felt the exact same way about the BMW community... 😅

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
IFS… I have owned Polaris Ranger UTV’s. They handle rough terrain better than either one of our Wranglers. So while most like the solid front axle, I like IFS. So this is my unpopular opinion..LOL
I've spend thousands of miles behind the wheel of various HMMWVs... 4 corner Independent suspension isn't a bad way to go.

Properly designed of course... not that rock grabber bar the new Suburbans have... :headbang:

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep should offer a fixed-roof version without the roll bar This would make it a lot quieter and greatly improve interior storage space for overlanders.
I'd probably buy it!

While I take my Wrangler off-road, I never remove the top. I am fair skinned and freckled; I cook in 15 minutes.

A solid roof would also improve rigidity, reduce squeaks and rattles, and cost a few thousand less to build and to buy.

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Jeep should offer a fixed-roof version without the roll bar This would make it a lot quieter and greatly improve interior storage space for overlanders.
I'd probably buy it!

While I take my Wrangler off-road, I never remove the top. I am fair skinned and freckled; I cook in 15 minutes.

A solid roof would also improve rigidity, reduce squeaks and rattles, and cost a few thousand less to build and to buy.
Hmm, a steel roofed Jeep with solid axles. Wonder what one could call it? Maybe like the Xtreme Jerp or something, could shorten it to XJ or something maybe?

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
The vast majority of owners are getting into credit debt and being left with little spending money because they are buying +10k of mods on their already 60~70k rubicons.

Next recession is gonna be because people are gonna be left without spending money due to this "buy now pay later" madness.
Sponsored