Sponsored

In your opinion, WHAT MAKES THE JEEP WRANGLER SO GREAT?!!

Gobirat

First Name
Gobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 4XE
Occupation
Retired
Visceral driving experience followed by great turning radius for a 4 wheeler, easy parking, and people in other JEEPs will wave and make a bad day better. The other thing I love is with a smaller interior and less storage space than my prior pickups. I actually pack less junk inside. Theres not a lot of places to put it. Just the necessities. Me, my rat terrier side kick, and a mission.
Jeep Wrangler JL In your opinion, WHAT MAKES THE JEEP WRANGLER SO GREAT?!! IMG_3877
Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I got into Wranglers 12 years ago. I have driven them through rocks, dirt, gravel, sand, snow, mud, rivers, curbs, mountain ranges and urban jungles.

I tried to move away from Wranglers twice. But I missed driving a Wrangler so much I was back within six months. Both times.

So I’ve had to ponder about this question a lot.

The best answer I’ve been able to come up with is:

IMO, what makes Wranglers unique is the SUSPENSION. Everything about Jeep’s QuadraCoil suspension, the articulation, the comfort, etc., gives you a feeling of all-terrain competence that is unparalleled.

The problem with most modern suspensions, in my view, is that they work to isolate the passengers from road bumps and imperfections. Jeep’s QuadraCoil suspension doesn’t do that. Instead, it lets you know at all time what you are driving over, but with a degree of comfort and aplomb.

Years ago I test drove a WK2: I was disappointed because it drove just like a car! I could not feel anything under those tires. That crystallized in my mind what makes Wrangler so unique.

Just my two pesos.
Out Of The Park Homerun— I relive the days of my hot rods and muscle cars every time I drive my 392, I also have a GC SRT that would outrun all but one of them, But It’s Not The Same! As an added bonus, It’s a good riding, well mannered, comfortable, air conditioned with all the bells and whistles (actually too many) version of my hot rod CJ5! :clap::like:

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
1 Solid front axle.

2 Even with all the tech, I still find it pretty easy to work on.

3 It is configurable.

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher

Fudster

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
What makes the Wrangler so great, to me at least, is remarkably simple:

One would be hard pressed to find a vehicle which offers as many ways to have fun as does the Wrangler. From the places it will go, to the near infinite ways to customize it, few vehicles are better equipped at allowing their owners to dream up an idea, and then implement it.
Sponsored