Sponsored

Extended Warranty

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
So I've got my build in for a Gobi JLR and it's probably going to be the first vehicle I finance new. With Jeep's paltry warranty I know I want an extended warranty so I wanted to see what all you guys have.

I don't drive a lot so the years will be more important to me than mileage, at least for now. I'm averaging about 6.5kmi a year ATM.

Now with that being said I'd like to know what you guys have done and any reasoning behind it. Is there a specific company that you've worked with that's good, how long and mileage. Just anything that may help a decision :) i like talking about this stuff for some reason lol
Sponsored

Deleted member 73473

Money you spend on a extended warranty for a car that will have bumper to bumper coverage for 3 years / 36k miles will go further in your own account than in Chrysler's. If you must have it, why not kick that can down the road until you get closer to 2025? I personally think you're better off paying for repairs on an ad hoc basis. You MUST know that the bean counters have parsed the data and know the MTBF of Jeeps and the length of any extended warranty they might offer. Read: the house always wins.

Eischman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Tom Winkels, Hays Jeep Finance Manager, Kalamazoo MI, (269) 488-2080
Mine was 8 years/85,000 miles with $100 deductible for $1,185.00
More than half the cost my dealer tried to sell me!
ALOT of Jeep guys (and Girls) go to him.

Rjstevens

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Sahara (on order)
Eight year, 125,000 mile, $0 deductible.
$2985

OP
OP
Sazabi19

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Money you spend on a extended warranty for a car that will have bumper to bumper coverage for 3 years / 36k miles will go further in your own account than in Chrysler's. If you must have it, why not kick that can down the road until you get closer to 2025? I personally think you're better off paying for repairs on an ad hoc basis. You MUST know that the bean counters have parsed the data and know the MTBF of Jeeps and the length of any extended warranty they might offer. Read: the house always wins.
Ya I know it's all a numbers game, but it's the same for insurance. I get that it's mandatory to have insurance and the average person doesn't really use it, but it's definitely good to have it when you need it. How many people do you think would opt to not have it if they didn't have to? I understand the basic stats and how it's figured into their prices for them to make money rather than lose it. But being a person who doesn't know much in the way of mechanics and/or know anyone who could help, I think this would be a worthwhile investment for me. If nothing else, it's peace of mind.

@Eischman I will probably be contacting Tom when my JL comes in :)

@Rjstevens This is about the route I'll probably take with $0 down, but not being a long haul driver I will probably go for less mileage.

Did you guys both choose the Chrysler type warranty? Did you do the Maximum Care?

Thanks for the replies so far :) And thanks to the Admin for moving my post to the correct area, didn't see the "warranty" in there, I did do a cursory look! lol

Sponsored

Rjstevens

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Sahara (on order)
Ya I know it's all a numbers game, but it's the same for insurance. I get that it's mandatory to have insurance and the average person doesn't really use it, but it's definitely good to have it when you need it. How many people do you think would opt to not have it if they didn't have to? I understand the basic stats and how it's figured into their prices for them to make money rather than lose it. But being a person who doesn't know much in the way of mechanics and/or know anyone who could help, I think this would be a worthwhile investment for me. If nothing else, it's peace of mind.

@Rjstevens This is about the route I'll probably take with $0 down, but not being a long haul driver I will probably go for less mileage.

Did you guys both choose the Chrysler type warranty? Did you do the Maximum Care?

Thanks for the replies so far :) And thanks to the Admin for moving my post to the correct area, didn't see the "warranty" in there, I did do a cursory look! lol
Yes, I did the mopar max care warranty.
I read on here where Tom was the best contact. I reached out to him via email. He responded quickly, however, my dealer (Dan Cummins of Georgetown, KY.) gave me a better quote for the $0 deductible.

OP
OP
Sazabi19

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I did the mopar max care warranty.
I read on here where Tom was the best contact. I reached out to him via email. He responded quickly, however, my dealer (Dan Cummins of Georgetown, KY.) gave me a better quote for the $0 deductible.
Awesome, thanks man. I'll pit him and Tom against each other for my business! *evil laugh*

Eischman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited

Mine is Max Care
I also choose the lesser miles because I will not have 85000 miles on it in eight years.
For the price I paid its just piece of mind knowing if something like my screen goes out in say 6 years I won't have to dish out 5 grand, just $100!

Sponsored

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Could I coax you for maybe just a little bit more than that? :P
Aug will be three years from purchase and 13000 miles on the 2020 JL. Tom was 1606.00 dollars for 8 years 60,000 miles 0 deductible/max care mopar warranty. I kept my other Rubicon 13 years and 87000 miles. I have three vehicles and spread the driving between all three. So, seemed the best for me. Radio or basically anything goes out and the warranty pays for itself. Radio was replaced once but later found out it was uconnect software corrected OTA. Seems to me they creat the problems by fielding products that are not ready for prime time.

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
If you wait closer to your original manufacture warranty is about to expire you’ll be quoted a higher premium, extended warranty start from vehicle in service date regardless of when you purchase the extended warranty, so ultimately waiting will only cost you more money, also extended warranty plan can be purchased as money back guarantee plan which will cost you probably a few hundred more overall but if you file no claims during the entire coverage period they will issue a refund at policy end right back to you!!

You can also get a quick quote here and use promotional code PAYINFULL to get a $ 365 discount https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/default.aspx

OP
OP
Sazabi19

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you wait closer to your original manufacture warranty is about to expire you’ll be quoted a higher premium, extended warranty start from vehicle in service date regardless of when you purchase the extended warranty, so ultimately waiting will only cost you more money, also extended warranty plan can be purchased as money back guarantee plan which will cost you probably a few hundred more overall but if you file no claims during the entire coverage period they will issue a refund at policy end right back to you!!

You can also get a quick quote here and use promotional code PAYINFULL to get a $ 365 discount https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/default.aspx
I would get mine either at time of purchase or very quickly after.

Initial-Jeep

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392XR Tuscadero, PT Cruiser Dream Cruisers 2&4
Occupation
Data Engineer, Retired Air Force
The aforelinked site shows increasing rates after every 1yr/12K mi. I got mine out of the way so I can forget about it and before the 01 May price increase.

Deleted member 73473

I hear what you’re saying, but there’s a reason companies offer extended warranties. On the aggregate, providers don’t lose ANY money … in fact, it’s a HUGE revenue generator. That’s truth. Mostly, the purchaser is buying “peace of mind,” and that’s fine if it works for them. Looking at it another way, you’re paying them money and betting the car will break, and they’re betting that it won’t. They have stacks of statistical data that suggests they are right. That’s why they offer them.
Sponsored