First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Wrangler, 2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I have a hard time believing the tires are the culprit given they are going to be the oem tires on the raptor. Have you checked the alignment since the tire install. I'm not sure about the JL world but with TJs the goal is around 4-5° caster and about 1/8" - 1/4" toe in. The toe is easy enough to check at home with a measuring tape. Plenty of threads about it across all the forums.

The 392 is 1.5" taller than a normal rubicon right, or is that just the xtreme pkg? Do you happen to know if jeep has different track bars to make up for the difference? It would be extremely minimal. I'm just curious.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I have a hard time believing the tires are the culprit given they are going to be the oem tires on the raptor. Have you checked the alignment since the tire install. I'm not sure about the JL world but with TJs the goal is around 4-5° caster and about 1/8" - 1/4" toe in. The toe is easy enough to check at home with a measuring tape. Plenty of threads about it across all the forums.

The 392 is 1.5" taller than a normal rubicon right, or is that just the xtreme pkg? Do you happen to know if jeep has different track bars to make up for the difference? It would be extremely minimal. I'm just curious.
It's 1.5" taller than a standard Rubicon, including the Xtreme package. I think it's actually one reason folks buying the Xtreme package from the 392 were complaining about price, since you're actually not getting a lot of stuff that wasn't already there on the 392 from the beginning.

He could have a bad tire, it's possible but there's nothing wrong with the 37" KO2's (C rated) from a design standpoint. Given that he aired down and the steering wheel was off, I'm wondering if something was wrong from the beginning (stock, before adding the 37's) but wasn't noticed until now. Mounting a new set of tires isn't going to change the steering wheel position, and he hasn't modified the suspension. I don't see why a shop that installed his addons would have to unbolt any of that (steering components) for the stuff he has put onto his Jeep, either.

To my knowledge, track bars/arms are the same as on the 392 as on the XR.

Kinda funny, I do have a pull to the right (slight) on my Gladiator with 37 KO2's (D Rated though). I did swap front to back and it didn't change, and my alignment is within spec. I have a pretty heavily modified suspension, however, and I just haven't spent the time to chase it since it doesn't really bother me much. It sounds like it's similar to @alksion -- just less pronounced.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
It's 1.5" taller than a standard Rubicon, including the Xtreme package. I think it's actually one reason folks buying the Xtreme package from the 392 were complaining about price, since you're actually not getting a lot of stuff that wasn't already there on the 392 from the beginning.

He could have a bad tire, it's possible but there's nothing wrong with the 37" KO2's (C rated) from a design standpoint. Given that he aired down and the steering wheel was off, I'm wondering if something was wrong from the beginning (stock, before adding the 37's) but wasn't noticed until now. Mounting a new set of tires isn't going to change the steering wheel position.
I drove it home from Arizona that weekend and the drive back felt completely normal. I had a little bit of a hangover truth be told but nothing that would have made me ignorant to the fact that it was hard pulling to the right.

I got back on a Sunday and had the tires installed on Monday. I drove a few weeks with the new tires and never noticed anything from my recollection. It certainly could be a bad tire. I’m not ruling it out. I am going to try to adjust the steering wheel myself and see if that has any effect.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I drove it home from Arizona that weekend and the drive back felt completely normal. I had a little bit of a hangover truth be told but nothing that would have made me ignorant to the fact that it was hard pulling to the right.

I got back on a Sunday and had the tires installed on Monday. I drove a few weeks with the new tires and never noticed anything from my recollection. It certainly could be a bad tire. I’m not ruling it out. I am going to try to adjust the steering wheel myself and see if that has any effect.
I'm more inclined to believe it's something with the suspension. I.e., something that wasn't torqued from the factory properly and has worked itself loose in that time period. I think you did wheel it, right?

Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I'm more inclined to believe it's something with the suspension. I.e., something that wasn't torqued from the factory properly and has worked itself loose in that time period. I think you did wheel it, right?
Yes sir. The very next day in AZ.

Alex01

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Wrangler, 2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link

Be ready with a wrench on hand. I drove about 2 miles and pulled over 3 times before I was happy with the steering position. An off center wheel drives me insane. Ours came from the factory slightly off center which drove me insane but I waited to adjust until installing the lift.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes sir. The very next day in AZ.
Could have started after that. I really don't think it's a bad tire. It's possible, but unlikely. Especially since you showed that picture of you airing down and seeing the steering wheel off. I think something worked itself loose.

Honestly, I'd probably just set toe/center steering wheel, and then once it's all in spec, re-torque everything and see if it's gone. Just to be sure as well I'd swap the rears to front.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Could have started after that. I really don't think it's a bad tire. It's possible, but unlikely. Especially since you showed that picture of you airing down and seeing the steering wheel off. I think something worked itself loose.

Honestly, I'd probably just set toe/center steering wheel, and then once it's all in spec, re-torque everything and see if it's gone. Just to be sure as well I'd swap the rears to front.
I don’t mean to hijack this thread so I will continue anything further on in my thread. But I think you’re right and I don’t have a ton of time on my hands. I’m busy the next two weekends and then I’m planning to go on another camping trip. So I’m hoping I can just bring it in to my local 4 x 4 installer and they can take care of it for me.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t mean to hijack this thread so I will continue anything further on in my thread. But I think you’re right and I don’t have a ton of time on my hands. I’m busy the next two weekends and then I’m planning to go on another camping trip. So I’m hoping I can just bring it in to my local 4 x 4 installer and they can take care of it for me.
They will. Good luck!

Back on topic, I'm planning on buying the C rated tires once my D rated ones on my Gladiator wear out. I have ~20k on them but they still look brand new, lol. I think I'm going to run 39" KM3's on my 392.

Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
They will. Good luck!

Back on topic, I'm planning on buying the C rated tires once my D rated ones on my Gladiator wear out. I have ~20k on them but they still look brand new, lol. I think I'm going to run 39" KM3's on my 392.
That’s gonna be a bad ass look. Do the KM3s run smaller as well?

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s gonna be a bad ass look. Do the KM3s run smaller as well?
Yep. Hopefully enough. They’re somewhat light for their size at around 87 pounds.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Brad, tell me about those side steps!? Are they rock sliders? Is the lower step removable? How much do they drop from the door opening? Do they make an extension for the rear door too? Do you like them? Sorry for all the questions, but they look awesome!
@luckymiddleton - they are ROAM sliders with custom built steps beneath them. I fabbed them in my garage from angle iron with a flat plate on the top that bolts to the sliders. The steps themselves are standard stair treads from Grainger (https://www.grainger.com/product/45NN89). I welded it all together and had it blasted/painted. Each step has 4 bolts holding them so it is not too difficult to remove them to go off-road.

My Jeep is at the airport in Houston and when I pick it up, I will get you the measurement from the bottom of the door to the top of the step.

I plan to look into building a new set in the future from aluminum to make them lighter. Hope this helps!

ChadTx

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to order 2021 Wrangler Rubicon 2 door
195861909_10222241421158650_8386316538166772147_n.jpg

I have the D load 37s KO2s on stock rubicon rims from Discount Tire. Excellent service from DT btw. I was hesitant going to the D load from C and a harsh ride on road but its not! Yay! Aired down to 15 psi in the sand provided excellent traction. I use a super chips flash paq set at 35" tire height and my speedometer is spot on matched with gps speeds! So yes they are a small 37 but im happy with that on stock 4.10 gears. Only added 19lbs to the tailgate and each corner...not bad for the upgrade in rubber!
In this picture are u lifted at all? Any rubbing?

ChadTx

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to order 2021 Wrangler Rubicon 2 door
In a perfect world, you'd want an adjustable front and rear track bar. I have the MC 2.5" lift (F/R TB's are included) with the 37" KO2's at about 28PSI and haven't noticed any pull in either direction and the jeep tracks perfectly. It could also be the alignment though....
20210924_143139.jpg
I’m thinking of doing the 2.5 mc gamechanger lift and these tires for n stock wheels on 2 door rubicon. What are ur thoughts on the mc lift and the 37 ko2’s? Any trials I go to are long road trips and I want to be sure I don’t mess up how comfortable the Jeep is on long highway rides
Sponsored