Sponsored

Alignment Way Off - Best Place to Take my 392?

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
As the title says my alignment is really off.

I had to fight the steering wheel the entire time on my last road trip. I have to hold the steering wheel titled left just to keep the vehicle straight. I understand Jeeps sway and they don't have the best on road manners. Even my wife's Sahara, we have had for the last year still drives like a Jeep, but the alignment and steering are perfect on hers. Unfortunately, this is not the case on my 392. It's pretty bad and feels like it's getting worse.

The Jeep dealer where I just got my first oil change told me to take it back to America's tires. I am guessing the dealer does not want to open a can of worms with steering and alignment issues.

Does anyone have a suggestion on where I could take it short of Yelping/Googling it? Thanks :)
Sponsored

Grimmjpr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I'm not sure what tires your running, but some tires have a tendency to pull no matter what the alignment is set at.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I'm not sure what tires your running, but some tires have a tendency to pull no matter what the alignment is set at.
Thanks for the reply. BFG K02 37" C Load.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Did you do your own lift? After doing my first lift the axles weren’t centered and caused pull.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Did you do your own lift? After doing my first lift the axles weren’t centered and caused pull.
No lift installed. Everything is factory except the tires, the LOD destroyer rock sliders and my kit on the front bumper, lights, winch, etc

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

Sponsored

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
Take it to Good Year Tire:
26492 Towne Center Drive
Foothill Ranch CA 92610

These guys do great work and it's where Rebel sends their stuff to post lift.

Last edited:
OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Take it to Good Year Tire:
26492 Towne Center Drive
Foothill Ranch CA 92610

These guys go great work and it's where Rebel sends there stuff to post lift.
Thank you for the referral! I’m also going to get a quote from the guys who did all of my part installs just to see what they say.

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
As the title says my alignment is really off.

I had to fight the steering wheel the entire time on my last road trip. I have to hold the steering wheel titled left just to keep the vehicle straight. I understand Jeeps sway and they don't have the best on road manners. Even my wife's Sahara, we have had for the last year still drives like a Jeep, but the alignment and steering are perfect on hers. Unfortunately, this is not the case on my 392. It's pretty bad and feels like it's getting worse.

The Jeep dealer where I just got my first oil change told me to take it back to America's tires. I am guessing the dealer does not want to open a can of worms with steering and alignment issues.

Does anyone have a suggestion on where I could take it short of Yelping/Googling it? Thanks :)
Star Auto in Brea!! I have been using them since before they were AAA approved. They do alignments. Rob is your go to guy.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Star Auto in Brea!! I have been using them since before they were AAA approved. They do alignments. Rob is your go to guy.
Beautiful :) thanks for the referral. I prefer actual refers than Yelp or Google. Appreciate it my friend.

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Josiah, please keep us up on how it goes.

Sponsored

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
If you are on stock suspension, the only thing an alignment shop will be able to adjust is the toe (tie rod) or center the steering wheel via drag link. If you have adjustable upper control arms, you can adjust the caster. Of course, an aftermarket adjustable track bar will help center axle as someone said above I think.

As new as your rig is, imagine it may be the tires unless you bent the tie rod.

I had a radial pull in a set of new Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my Land Cruiser. Spent a few grand chasing that problem until I discovered it was a bad new tire. Soured me on Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
If you are on stock suspension, the only thing an alignment shop will be able to adjust is the toe (tie rod) or center the steering wheel via drag link. If you have adjustable upper control arms, you can adjust the caster. Of course, an aftermarket adjustable track bar will help center axle as someone said above I think.

I had a radial pull in a set of new Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my Land Cruiser. Spent a few grand chasing that problem until I discovered it was a bad new tire. Soured me on Nitto Ridge Grapplers.
What he said. Not much you can do to a stock jeep. You can get it checked for free at most places and see the numbers. Toe is the only thing you can adjust.

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
adjustable Lcas, synergy steering correction kit.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner

Bummer to hear about your issue with those Ridge Grapplers. So here's the thing. The tires were put on two days after owning the Jeep. I had the tires going for like a month before I had the other parts installed. I don't remember this alignment problem after the tires but only after the parts were installed.
Sponsored