Nervous As Hell Please Reassure Me

MerlinsGarage

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21RUB392, 97Vipr,14Porsc 911,06Ford GT,64Vette etc
Depending on what your transport needs and yearly mileage breakdown may be (work/play) I may find a way to hang on to the Pilot and acquire the 392.
See the 392 fills two rolls. First the extremely capable JK Wrangler Rubi we all know and love and that of a hot rod or muscle car. This is our 5th Jeep CJ/Wrangler and by far the most civilized of the bunch. That is until the loud button is pressed or the throttle is flattened.
Then its just giggles................

I promise you wont be disappointed.

MerlinsGarage

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're going to hate it.
Sure, it'll be fast af, but Jeeps rattle and squeak a lot, interior trim is gap city, and the wind noise is loud. If you're already having a hard time justifying the cost and comparing it to a Lexus, you're gonna hate it.
Do you own a 392?

Brettnyt

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392XR, 2017 BMW M3
I have a GX470 currently, but ordered a 392. The GX has been great, but I have zero question that I have made the right decision going with the 392. Different beast entirely.
Jeep Wrangler JL Nervous As Hell Please Reassure Me 8E10979B-4D98-4969-ABE4-E1BE3704D5A9

Last edited:

Sponsored

MerlinsGarage

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can always go back to another vehicle. This is an end-of-era machine. Once they are gone you will never ever see things like this again. The highways will be a much quieter place. ;)

OP
OP
Hearhear

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
Well I did it and actually received a VIN number. The dealer, of COURSE, forgot to add two things onto the build sheet- the windshield tie down and the engine block heater. I am hoping both of them can be dealer installed after the fact. The windshield tie down just looks like a hook with a small cord on it and the engine block heater looks like a wire with a heater plug that plugs into the engine block somewhere. Hopefully they can be installed later. Keeping fingers crossed this all goes smoothly and no more hiccups.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Well I did it and actually received a VIN number. The dealer, of COURSE, forgot to add two things onto the build sheet- the windshield tie down and the engine block heater. I am hoping both of them can be dealer installed after the fact. The windshield tie down just looks like a hook with a small cord on it and the engine block heater looks like a wire with a heater plug that plugs into the engine block somewhere. Hopefully they can be installed later. Keeping fingers crossed this all goes smoothly and no more hiccups.
Congrats!

lott

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Eco Diesel
I have a very nice 21 JLUR 3.6. Next to my 05 4.0 JLUR the 4.0 is so much more fun, there is no thrill to the 3.6. Youll spend the entirety of your Jeep ownership wishing for more power if you don't get the 392. And all the money in the world won't do much for the 3.6 or 2.0.
I have the new diesel and have owned it almost a year. I love it and it's power and mileage.

OP
OP
Hearhear

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
Well, according to Jeep chat today all my parts have been gathered at the factory and my Jeep is waiting to be built. It's a white 392 XR VIN 852469. If true, that means Jeep must be prioritizing bought vehicles and they must have all they need for the XR package parts.

Sponsored

Brettnyt

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392XR, 2017 BMW M3
Well, according to Jeep chat today all my parts have been gathered at the factory and my Jeep is waiting to be built. It's a white 392 XR VIN 852469. If true, that means Jeep must be prioritizing bought vehicles and they must have all they need for the XR package parts.
Don’t hold your breath. They told me that last week and this week it went back to the “gathering parts” phase. 850039

JEEP392

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEVXR392
Finally found an honest Jeep dealer relatively near me. I think I’m putting a deposit down on a 392 tomorrow but I’m nervous as hell. I’ve been driving a Honda Pilot for the last several years which I like, not many problems with it and comfortable. But I want a change and my cousin has a 3 year old Wrangler which I drove a few times and liked. But it’s not a 392...

I am also having last minute trouble in my head spending so much money on this Jeep. I literally could get a V8 Lexus SUV for that money. Am I nuts for buying this Jeep? Please help. I only have about 18 hours to make up my mind. Give me the feel goods about the Jeep 392.
Just drive it once… done.

graytrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 2020 LR Discovery, 2015 RR Sport SC
Every day I like this Jeep more. I’ve been driving all week with no doors, no rear panels, and SOT open and it’s more like a 4 passenger Shelby Cobra than any other current vehicle I can think of (Arial Atom, Lotus, etc. are usually small/high reviving engines that aren’t as fun as a V8 in my opinion).
Sponsored