Sponsored

Nervous As Hell Please Reassure Me

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
Finally found an honest Jeep dealer relatively near me. I think I’m putting a deposit down on a 392 tomorrow but I’m nervous as hell. I’ve been driving a Honda Pilot for the last several years which I like, not many problems with it and comfortable. But I want a change and my cousin has a 3 year old Wrangler which I drove a few times and liked. But it’s not a 392...

I am also having last minute trouble in my head spending so much money on this Jeep. I literally could get a V8 Lexus SUV for that money. Am I nuts for buying this Jeep? Please help. I only have about 18 hours to make up my mind. Give me the feel goods about the Jeep 392.
Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
If all goes to hell and you don’t like it, jeeps have excellent resale value so you’ll be able to get most of your money back. There’s less risk than with other vehicle models.

But having said that I wouldn’t worry, you’re going to freaking love it! As long as you know what you’re getting into. Jeeps aren’t Lexii. They’re a little more rough around the edges.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Finally found an honest Jeep dealer relatively near me. I think I’m putting a deposit down on a 392 tomorrow but I’m nervous as hell. I’ve been driving a Honda Pilot for the last several years which I like, not many problems with it and comfortable. But I want a change and my cousin has a 3 year old Wrangler which I drove a few times and liked. But it’s not a 392...

I am also having last minute trouble in my head spending so much money on this Jeep. I literally could get a V8 Lexus SUV for that money. Am I nuts for buying this Jeep? Please help. I only have about 18 hours to make up my mind. Give me the feel goods about the Jeep 392.
But a lexis won’t keep you safe in a flood, bad weather nor give you a grin ear to ear like a Jeep that will go anywhere and with the 392 it goes in a hurry. When my 3.6 finally gives out many years from now I will swap to a 5.7 or 6.2 hemi. You will be much happier ina. Jeep than a Lexus. I cannot stand Lexus. Junk cars for wayyyy to much money

kjb

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
80th anniversary Wrangler unlimited.
If it feels good do it. Get what you want. I ordered a 80th anniversary last year and felt the same way. Couldn’t be happier with my first wrangler.

Sponsored

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
Just do it, if you don’t you will always remember this day. Don’t let feelings over come your dreams of having something you have your sights on.

Remember you only have this one life to enjoy on this planet. Make it the best, and trust in your savior for all your needs.

OP
OP
Hearhear

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
Thanks for all the good words so far guys. I really appreciate it! I think the regret of not getting one might eat me alive for years if I don’t do it and wimp out with another Pilot or Lexus.

OP
OP
Hearhear

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
What other vehicles have the power of a 6.4L that is fully open air where the doors and roof come off. Also which dealer are you going with? Have you checked the recommended dealers thread located here?

Recommended Dealers List | 2018+ Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, Unlimited - JLwranglerforums.com
I simply called around to all the dealers within 100 miles of me and finally found an honest one today. By “honest“ I mean a dealer that’s not trying to convince me “everyone” is paying above MSRP for the 392’s.

Rscx4

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
It is a lot of money, it made me question a time or two. But... the 392 is on par with something like a 67 Chevelle. This motor in a modern Challenger, well is a throwback. But this Jeep is not a throwback, it's a modern beast. With the exception of the C8, is there anything else out there as shattering as this? Form the few of us that land one, it will be well worth it.

Sponsored

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I simply called around to all the dealers within 100 miles of me and finally found an honest one today. By “honest“ I mean a dealer that’s not trying to convince me “everyone” is paying above MSRP for the 392’s.
Just checking since there are a few dealers going under invoice, just making sure you get the best deal possible.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It is a lot of money, it made me question a time or two. But... the 392 is on par with something like a 67 Chevelle. This motor in a modern Challenger, well is a throwback. But this Jeep is not a throwback, it's a modern beast. With the exception of the C8, is there anything else out there as shattering as this? Form the few of us that land one, it will be well worth it.
For me 80k was a lot but I'm looking at it as more of an investment (ironic since cars are the worst investment) but with it being a V8 and a wrangler itll hold its value and the appreciate as the production ends and there end up being less and less on the street or not being traded in as much.

OP
OP
Hearhear

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
Well these are the sunset years of the V8 engines, pretty soon for all the trucks and SUV’s
For me 80k was a lot but I'm looking at it as more of an investment (ironic since cars are the worst investment) but with it being a V8 and a wrangler itll hold its value and the appreciate as the production ends and there end up being less and less on the street or not being traded in as much.
Yes, cars are the absolute worst investment. That’s what’s killing me too- I know this Jeep will depreciate the second I drive it off the lot. But with electric cars taking over in the very near future I feel like this is more of a sentimental journey to me. My very first car in the 1980’s was my grandfather‘s V8 Buick. A four door sedan from the ‘70’s. Looked like an old mans car but I smoked everyone who wanted to race. I actually made one kid cry I embarrassed him so much with my “old man” car. But it had a tiger under the hood. And this Jeep will bring me full circle since I haven’t owned a V8 since that Buick. This will probably be the last one I ever own before electric cars arrive and it will hopefully be a good experience.

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
Well these are the sunset years of the V8 engines, pretty soon for all the trucks and SUV’s

Yes, cars are the absolute worst investment. That’s what’s killing me too- I know this Jeep will depreciate the second I drive it off the lot. But with electric cars taking over in the very near future I feel like this is more of a sentimental journey to me. My very first car in the 1980’s was my grandfather‘s V8 Buick. A four door sedan from the ‘70’s. Looked like an old mans car but I smoked everyone who wanted to race. I actually made one kid cry I embarrassed him so much with my “old man” car. But it had a tiger under the hood. And this Jeep will bring me full circle since I haven’t owned a V8 since that Buick. This will probably be the last one I ever own before electric cars arrive and it will hopefully be a good experience.
Damn straight. One day a 2021 Lexus will be good for nothing but the scrap yard. A 392 Wrangler, however, will forever be a valuable piece of automotive history….. one you can enjoy for years and years to come.
Sponsored