Quad ARB Air Compressor System

Go4Low

First Name
Jorel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Just my initial thought...may not make sense, but there is plenty of smart and knowledgeable folks here that can provide facts or opinions:

I am thinking of buying another dual ARB compressor and plumbing it with the dual one I have installed already. That would make four compressors.

I am thinking:
Separate wiring harnesses (One could serve as a backup incase one goes down/fuse blown).
4x Filter inlet.
One output to Air up (Not sure of size air lines, probably 3/8") (maybe need check valves between the compressors)🤔

I do not want a power tank, at least not right now. But I like the idea of filling up fast after leaving the trail and doing projects, kind of experimenting.

A friend mentioned that he does not think having two dual compressors would fill the tires any faster due to the size of the standard valve stems size 🤔

Thoughts?
Sponsored

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Just my initial thought...may not make sense, but there is plenty of smart and knowledgeable folks here that can provide facts or opinions:

I am thinking of buying another dual ARB compressor and plumbing it with the dual one I have installed already. That would make four compressors.

I am thinking:
Separate wiring harnesses (One could serve as a backup incase one goes down/fuse blown).
4x Filter inlet.
One output to Air up (Not sure of size air lines, probably 3/8") (maybe need check valves between the compressors)🤔

I do not want a power tank, at least not right now. But I like the idea of filling up fast after leaving the trail and doing projects, kind of experimenting.

A friend mentioned that he does not think having two dual compressors would fill the tires any faster due to the size of the standard valve stems size 🤔

Thoughts?
I wouldn't go to the hassle of the quad compressor

- I carry extra fuses in case one goes out, each compressor is on a separate mechanical fuse.
- install an air tank if you want faster fill up.
- the compressor will pump out more air than a 1/4in line can hold, so doing a split where you fill up multiple tires or run a larger ID hose will let your compressor work at max output

I made a device like an indeflate, works better than the indeflate due to how I made mine. Having two 1/4lines filling up 4 tires at once will fill and deflate tires faster than using ARB valve stem removal tool at each wheel and filling each wheel up at a single time.

Dfideth

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6 Sarge
Occupation
Crane Tech
With the single arb compressor, it gives some time to pound down 2 more beers while filling up ;)
If your the passenger of course.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I have 2 duals in mine lol. One on each side. Makes short work of everything. All 3/8 lines and a 2.5 gal tank

OP
OP
Go4Low

Go4Low

First Name
Jorel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have 2 duals in mine lol. One on each side. Makes short work of everything. All 3/8 lines and a 2.5 gal tank
WOWZ 😎

Where did you attached the tank?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Go4Low

Go4Low

First Name
Jorel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

- I carry extra fuses in case one goes out, each compressor is on a separate mechanical fuse.

I burn through fuses almost every time I fill up. I had the Head Cover of the compressor replaced, checked voltage but I am still having issues...I am talking 2-4 fuses may burn out during one fill up!

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
I burn through fuses almost every time I fill up. I had the Head Cover of the compressor replaced, checked voltage but I am still having issues...I am talking 2-4 fuses may burn out during one fill up!
I had fuses blow on me a couple times in a short period on my JK (6 year ownership) and it was from driving thru a lake. The relays are mechanical so if water gets to them they short easy and rust out quick. And only 1 shorted, not both. It took me a couple fuses to realize i had an issue with my relay.

Sounds like you have a issue with your install or install location if you're going thru fuses that often. A fuse blows once it could be a fluke, if it keeps happening you have a short in the system. If you've been thru water or have it installed low in the fender area then check the relays, they're probably screwed. Otherwise if you don't have either of those possibilities then you might have an install problem with the wrong wiring size or a cut in the line which is shorting. Maybe a poor ground

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Heat, or undersized power wiring.

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
I have the dual but use my PowerTank as my primary. I installed the PowerTank valves, now that is fast!!!

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
The dual ARB flows enough to be sensitive to hose sizes and connection setup.

You need multiple tires being filled at once to get full performance as the tire valve is the limiting factor. Also use good valve chucks like Haltec's as the cheap ones don't flow as well and/or leak a bit.

Also be cautious of you hose layout. The best is the ARB into 3/8 line into a manifold and then out to 4 1/4 lines for each valve chuck/tire.

I've seen setups with 2 or 4 chucks daisy chained off a single 1/4 line and it will be limiting as well.

OP
OP
Go4Low

Go4Low

First Name
Jorel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Heat, or undersized power wiring.
I think you on it!

I was initially thinking heat, and was going to remedy it, but an ARB Tech said heat would not be the problem and decided to replace the head cover.

OP
OP
Go4Low

Go4Low

First Name
Jorel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
.... If you've been thru water or have it installed low in the fender area then check the relays, they're probably screwed. Otherwise if you don't have either of those possibilities then you might have an install problem with the wrong wiring size or a cut in the line which is shorting. Maybe a poor ground
I've inspected the wiring, verified the ground and with no fix. I am back on thinking it is heat related as Jim suggested.

OP
OP
Go4Low

Go4Low

First Name
Jorel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Where is your compressor installed?
Installed in the engine bay, passenger side on top. Had no problem for months, then couple months ago it started popping fuses.

The reason why I had suspected heat is because the fuses seem to blow at the flip of the switch, basically as soon as I get off the trail and open the hood and flip the switch ON.

I'd change them out and may have one or both pop again....after that I am able to air up without trouble.

I suspect that the fuses stop blowing for the reason that the hood is open long enough to make a difference in temperature

I am going to test that theory with a thermometer OR leaving the hood open for about 5 minutes before I flip the switch ON.
Sponsored