Sponsored

The dealership ordered the wrong Jeep!!???!

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
Wait you’re in college and got to order your very own spec $60k rubicon and your upset that you have to wait another 4 weeks?

What the Hell? You waited voluntarily 2 weeks after yours came in, to begin with. No pictures or sticker to prove it was your correct order? That’s on you!

I waited 3 months for my new truck. I’m 11 months into my wait for the new Bronco.

We won’t even speak of the mothers that leave their children for 3-5 years to take jobs just so they can put food on the table.

Time to grow up. You’re in college now.

haha, yeah kinda hard to sympathize for a 22 year old who has to wait a few more weeks for his $60K Rubi that he didn't seem to keep tabs on the build process with a simple window sticker check, but I digress......I'd be pretty pissed too if a dealership was that fuggin dumb to order a completely different model JLU.

wait til dad sees the insurance bill on it ;)

btw, any pics of the sister and is she single?......asking for a friend:blush:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
haha, yeah kinda hard to sympathize with a 22 year old who has to wait a few more weeks for his $60K Rubi that he didn't seem to keep tabs on the build process with a simple window sticker check, but I digress......I'd be pretty pissed too if a dealership was that fuggin dumb to order a completely different model JLU.

We pay our own insurance, it’s $110/month for me in New York, and when I move to North Carolina in July it will drop to $85/month for full coverage with Geico

Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
When I talked to my dealer yesterday I was told my Gecko order was a MY21 and that it wouldn't be built until probably July at the earliest
Guess it’s not closed yet but anyway now for sure.

Asuriyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR (6MT)
haha, yeah kinda hard to sympathize for a 22 year old who has to wait a few more weeks for his $60K Rubi that he didn't seem to keep tabs on the build process with a simple window sticker check, but I digress......I'd be pretty pissed too if a dealership was that fuggin dumb to order a completely different model JLU.

You probably missed the part where he's been saving / investing for this since he was 14, and is buying it as a present for getting his first post-graduation job. Show a little respect for a fellow Jeeper, and you're too damned old for his sister.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
TLDR: Jeep dealer ordered the wrong Jeep from the factory for me and is beyond incompetent.

My sister and I ordered two brand new Jeeps last month in person at the dealership. I ordered mine first with the dealer which was a loaded 2021 Rubicon, and she ordered a loaded 2021 High Altitude. Both Jeeps were white but many unique options between the two. My jeep came in 4 weeks on the dot and hers right under 6 weeks. Went to the dealership today to pick them up and there were two exact same white High Altitude editions there….. BEYOND PISSED. Nothing they can do but to order me a brand new Jeep from the factory again. I now have to wait another god knows how many weeks for mine to be done while my sister gets to drive her beautiful new Jeep all around town… if you order a Jeep from a dealer please please please make sure they order the correct one and don’t make a huge F$”$ing mistake like they did with mine which will ruin half of my summer.

Wondering if anyone ever went through this BS before???
Sooooo yours set on the lot for 2 weeks and you didn't go see it? Aaaaannnnnddddd your complainig WHY? Get a life

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
What
At first I thought I was reading about Jeeps... But then I started reading about the color of stitching on leather seats... did I stumble onto a Lexus forum?
What’s important here a comfortable, plush interior, or off-roading? I’m going with the interior…
By the way, if there are any 6” curbs around, they belong to me! I’ll show you off road.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
You probably missed the part where he's been saving / investing for this since he was 14, and is buying it as a present for getting his first post-graduation job. Show a little respect for a fellow Jeeper, and you're too damned old for his sister.
Thank you 🙏🏻

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sooooo yours set on the lot for 2 weeks and you didn't go see it? Aaaaannnnnddddd your complainig WHY? Get a life
You missed the part of I was in college in a completely different state at the time and the day I got home I went to pick it up? And I didn’t want a picture of it, I knew what I was getting and I’ve seen them before and I wanted to be as surprised as I could picking up a brand new Jeep.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
You missed the part of I was in college in a completely different state at the time and the day I got home I went to pick it up? And I didn’t want a picture of it, I knew what I was getting and I’ve seen them before and I wanted to be as surprised as I could picking up a brand new Jeep.
Way too trusting. Would have demanded a few shots of it before I ever saw it in person. You assume they ordered the wrong jeep, what if the ordered the right one and yours got sold out from under you. Either way, I personally would find a new dealer and tell that one to go F themselves.

Hazelwood7

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Red JL Rubicon V6
Sadly, this thread took a turn. Do we all need 60k Jeep’s? No we don’t but we buy them because we want them. The guy is in college and negotiated a great deal. His dealer screwed up. This happens to a lot of people. Jeeps are wants and not needs. Good for you kid. Enjoy your Jeep when you get it! I hope it keeps you smiling every time you drive it. Since you are single and not Married, can you get the manual transmission. A lot of us can’t do that because of wives who can’t drive stick. It’s easy to learn and will really keep you smiling !

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and 1992 Suzuki Sidekick
Pretty awesome you were able to save and get the Jeep. Lessons learned and a shame you didn't get what you wanted the first time. Probably one of many to come so at least you learn to enjoy when things work out the first time even more. I bet this time you bug the dealership a little more and hopefully you get a little swag or extra on your new Jeep. Enjoy Life and thanks for giving some hope for the younger generation
Sponsored