Mobile app for 4xe?

SnB4xe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler High Altitude 4xe
I used the search tool and didn't find a discussion about a mobile app. Is there one? Something that let's me see battery charge, fuel level, tire pressure, remote start, schedule departure times etc...

I downloaded Uconnect and when I log in all I get is a blank screen that says no subscriptions.

In my Ford EVs, there is a validation process in the car to allow the mobile app to connect. Is the 4xe similar?

Thank you
Sponsored

RafaelK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota 4Runner
I used the search tool and didn't find a discussion about a mobile app. Is there one? Something that let's me see battery charge, fuel level, tire pressure, remote start, schedule departure times etc...

I downloaded Uconnect and when I log in all I get is a blank screen that says no subscriptions.

In my Ford EVs, there is a validation process in the car to allow the mobile app to connect. Is the 4xe similar?

Thank you
Weird. I can see information in my Uconnect mobile app. See screenshot.

Screenshot_20210502-164506_Uconnect.jpg

OP
OP

SnB4xe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is what I see.
I must be missing a step somewhere....

Screenshot_20210502-135725_Uconnect.jpg

PriceForFlight

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Dealer activated my account before I left yesterday morning. Its been over 24 hours and the app hasn't populated with all the charge levels, etc. I read it can take a few days...

Sponsored

RafaelK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota 4Runner
Okay. Thanks. We will give them a call.
One more thing not sure it applies to you. If your car is parked in the garage or under trees with a lot of leaves you will not get satellite connection from your car.

OP
OP

SnB4xe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One more thing not sure it applies to you. If your car is parked in the garage or under trees with a lot of leaves you will not get satellite connection from your car.
Okay. Good to know. Thanks.
I was using the wrong e-mail address for the owner account and Uconnect. Entered the e-mail address that my wife gave to the dealership and it worked fine. Just need to call Sirius and set up the PIN now....

Thanks for the help.

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
Just an FYI - it will take some time before the app is able to successful pull data. I had it set up at the dealership, the app wasn't showing any data until after the tenth day or so after setup. So, if you don't see anything, don't panic.

greensprit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK, 4xe on order
I’m three weeks in, still no data populating. The remote features work and I can get the vehicle location to update, so connectivity seems to work, but something about the vehicle info page is messed up. Family drive alerts don’t work either. Dealer says it’s an SXM issue, SXM says it’s a dealer issue. To me, it’s a Jeep issue, the fact that they have a third party (SXM) that are infighting with the dealers is crazy. makes the vertically integrated Tesla model start to look more attractive. If Jeep is going to be successful in an EV world they need to get their tech stack under control.

Sponsored

OP
OP

SnB4xe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m three weeks in, still no data populating. The remote features work and I can get the vehicle location to update, so connectivity seems to work, but something about the vehicle info page is messed up. Family drive alerts don’t work either. Dealer says it’s an SXM issue, SXM says it’s a dealer issue. To me, it’s a Jeep issue, the fact that they have a third party (SXM) that are infighting with the dealers is crazy. makes the vertically integrated Tesla model start to look more attractive. If Jeep is going to be successful in an EV world they need to get their tech stack under control.
Okay thanks for the heads up. So it sounds like FordPass isn't the only mobile app with issues. I have a Mach-E and that app was totally worthless at first. A couple months in and it is working much better. Still a ways to go but much better than where it started.

My wife was driving a C-Max PHEV and I was driving a Focus Electric for the last few years and those two cars had an excellent mobile app called MyFordMobile. Sadly it doesn't work for the Mach-E though. :(

The 4xe will be her car for the next three years and then we hope the BEV Wrangler will be available by then.

Oneilc01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray Turbo
Activate on the Jeep uconnect screen also.

MaskedRacerX

First Name
DT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
I’m three weeks in, still no data populating. The remote features work and I can get the vehicle location to update, so connectivity seems to work, but something about the vehicle info page is messed up.
Howdy!

I posted this over on the dedicated 4xe forum, but sounds like it might be of some help here, like you, I was getting operation of things like start and lock, but no vehicle information (in uConnect, which we used for 3 years with our DD/RT), even after 2 weeks.

First I removed the Jeep from "My Garage", added it back to sort of "reset" it, took a few tries, the VIN entry was acting odd, there's cut-and-paste blocking script, so maybe I mis-entered several times - and FWIW, it wants the VIN without the hyphens that are present on the window sticker.

With the correct VIN, if I clicked the [SUBSCRIBER ?] button, I was seeing this as a notification at the bottom:

You are the SiriusXM Guardian™ subscriber. Please note, however, that the vehicle ownership records we have on file do not match the VIN you entered. If you recently purchased your vehicle, it may take some time to update.

That made me think that maybe since I used a different email for initial communication with the dealer, use that instead, so I setup an account using my "dealer contact address", verified, added the Jeep via VIN, but it had a different indicator - that same gray Subscriber button showed Non-Owner (per @BHawk's comment above), so now I'm thinking, for sure, it's a registration issue, based on how the dealer recorded my information.

Went back to the original account and assuming they might have used my legal first name since that's what's on my ID, insurance, etc., I updated my profile, logged out and back in ... checked the mobile app, and there_we_go!

Full information from the vehicle, including charging information, etc.

So it seems the uConnect registration the dealer performs is apparently, very specific to the owner information. If you having issues, try updating your profile to match your personal info that you provided to the dealer (correct name, address).

greensprit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK, 4xe on order
For what it's worth, after 3 weeks of struggling with SXM, level 2 tech support, multiple tickets and my dealer, I finally have vehicle diagnostics and family alerts working. I *think* what fixed it was signing up for ATT WiFI hotspot. (It's either that or a magical coincidence). So for those of you out there with the same issue, try signing up for wifi and wait 12 hours. They shouldn't be connected, who knows.

OP
OP

SnB4xe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Issue resolved. Thanks to everyone for the help. I had to call Sirius Guardian and set up a PIN. It started working after that.
:)

The Uconnecr app is MUCH better than FordPass.

Screenshot_20210503-201207_Uconnect.jpg
Sponsored