Front camera option worth it?

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Once you’ve got it installed and working flawlessly on your Jeep let me know when you’d like me to drop mine off for you to get the install performed on mine. Thanks Scott.
Of course they haven’t answered my request for information so I’m not holding any hope at this point.

Scott
Sponsored

Dmk679

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 4Dr
Of course they haven’t answered my request for information so I’m not holding any hope at this point.

Scott
I found the company in China that makes this setup and have a friend (that lives in China) talking with them to purchase a unit. Will keep you posted what I find out.

Roverhi

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Series 2 88
Clubs

Will the after market trail cameras work with the 7" display or do you need a separate monitor?? Do they display wheel tracks like the factory display on the 8.4" monitor.

Living Good 357

First Name
Big D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, 07 Dodge Cummins, 900 HP 72 Nova
No, because I removed the grille guard and lights. I mounted the off road lights directly to the factory steel front bumper so now the camera has an unobstructed view.

Before, I could see the back side of the grille guard, and the back side of the off road lights which left about a 20% view of the trail ahead.

20210131_142010 (1).jpg
Can you buy that camera as a standalone option on the Rubicon?? Or do you need to buy the whole safety feature package??

Living Good 357

First Name
Big D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My biggest buyers regret is that I don’t have the front trail camera because it wasn’t available on the 2019 JL. Get it. It shows you the trail ahead instead of the sky.
I'm ordering a 2021 Rubicon, can I buy the trail cam as a stand-alone option? Or do I need to buy the whole safety package group which I don't want to do.

Sponsored

Living Good 357

First Name
Big D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a great option. I ordered it on my JLUR and love it. The angle is perfect in my opinion and let's you clearly see what's in front. The build it cleaning system (sprayer) works well too.
Can you order a Jeep with the front camera as a stand-alone option? Or you need to buy the whole safety group package which I don't want to do??

OP
OP
jeepdogjl

jeepdogjl

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Can you order a Jeep with the front camera as a stand-alone option? Or you need to buy the whole safety group package which I don't want to do??
You need the led lighting and the 8.4 radio to get the front trailcam

Living Good 357

First Name
Big D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You need the led lighting and the 8.4 radio to get the front trailcam
I do have those options, does that mean the front trail cam automatically comes or do I need to add the front trail cam as a separate option? Thanks

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
I do have those options, does that mean the front trail cam automatically comes or do I need to add the front trail cam as a separate option? Thanks
Here is the camera on my JL. It is a $595 dollar option separate from LED and the 8.4.
Jeep Wrangler JL Front camera option worth it? jeephome2.JPG

Living Good 357

First Name
Big D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is the camera on my JL. It is a $595 dollar option separate from LED and the 8.4.
Jeep Wrangler JL Front camera option worth it? jeephome2.JPG
Okay great that's good to know I can add that without getting the whole complete safety package feature with automatic braking assist

Sponsored

Living Good 357

First Name
Big D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay great that's good to know I can add that without getting the whole complete safety package feature with automatic braking assist
Or do you actually have that package in order to get the front camera? Is there a big square box above your rear-view mirror?

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Or do you actually have that package in order to get the front camera? Is there a big square box above your rear-view mirror?
I have everything lol...
Just go on Jeeps website and build one....see if you need the other packages for the camera.
I'm 95% certain you don't...

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
It does make the grill mesh wider....like the Gladiators.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Can you buy that camera as a standalone option on the Rubicon?? Or do you need to buy the whole safety feature package??
Sorry for the delay. I worked on the Jeep all day today getting it ready for a 5,500 mile road trip. And more work tomorrow.

When you add the integrated off road front camera option, the ordering system will automatically add:

1.) 8.4" screen
2.) Alpine sound system
3.) LED lighting package

When you order the above three options, it DOES NOT automatically add the the front camera. The off road front camera is still a separate option. The guys on the Jeep Wrangler product team are marketing geniuses. They are excellent at transferring money from your account into their account.

Hope that helps.

Living Good 357

First Name
Big D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry for the delay. I worked on the Jeep all day today getting it ready for a 5,500 mile road trip. And more work tomorrow.

When you add the integrated off road front camera option, the ordering system will automatically add:

1.) 8.4" screen
2.) Alpine sound system
3.) LED lighting package

When you order the above three options, it DOES NOT automatically add the the front camera. The off road front camera is still a separate option. The guys on the Jeep Wrangler product team are marketing geniuses. They are excellent at transferring money from your account into their account.

Hope that helps.
Yes that helps thank you👍👊🇺🇸
Sponsored