First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
So I have switched between topless, soft-top, and hard-top numerous times. The hardtop DEFINITELY increases the drone above 2K rpm. Going topless or using the soft-top there's little no drone at all.

As a side note, I've had an exhaust leak coming from the clamp that connects the Y-pipe and the mid-pipe with resonator since I've owned the Jeep. The dealership/service dept i go to (used to go to) tried to void my warranty because i removed my muffler. Thank goodness i documented all the issues i had with that clamp prior to removing my muffler. I basically had to beg and argue to keep them from voiding the warranty on my exhaust. Like i said, it's good i kept documentation.
Tried to void your warranty?! Hahahahah. All these stories I read about dealerships giving Jeep owners a hard time about mods are sad. Those dealerships should be selling Kia's, not Jeeps and especially not Wranglers. I really feel lucky that there are so many dealers around me who embraced customization. Hell there's one dealer I know of that gets lift kits installed by Clayton Off-Road! Another here in CT always has at least one ready to buy on the lot with the Mopar lift and aftermarket wheels and tires. I think there should be a thread that warns everyone of who the dealers are that are not mod friendly dealers.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DFlannery2A

DFlannery2A

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392
Occupation
Police Officer, Firefighter, EMT, ARFF
Tried to void your warranty?! Hahahahah. All these stories I read about dealerships giving Jeep owners a hard time about mods are sad. Those dealerships should be selling Kia's, not Jeeps and especially not Wranglers. I really feel lucky that there are so many dealers around me who embraced customization. Hell there's one dealer I know of that gets lift kits installed by Clayton Off-Road! Another here in CT always has at least one ready to buy on the lot with the Mopar lift and aftermarket wheels and tires. I think there should be a thread that warns everyone of who the dealers are that are not mod friendly dealers.
Trust me I’ll be going to another dealership from now on. I was only using them for the time being because they gave 4 free oil changes and tire rotations. They can have the rest of them. Tried to void my warranty because of clamp yet they have new lifted jeeps on the lot for sale.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hell... Give me a thread of Mod Friendly dealers instead

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
I can’t believe anybody thinks this is too loud. You must have never owned v8’s with a great sounding exhaust.

This will probably offend people but I’m guessing these people also think the tires are too noisy. Its a jeep not a car.
I previously posted on this thread being an owner of several Duramaxs. Currently daily drive a straight piped single cab Duramax. It’s loud. I did the muffler delete and haven’t been able to get the delete pipe I bought used off another member on here to fit so we may show it some love when we get it on the car lift.

To me, (with no delete pipe installed but muffler deleted) it’s moderately loud with drone at cruising speeds. I like the way it sounds at take off. I was traveling home from the beach this weekend with it in M-8th (testing gearing and drive ability) when I started to lose speed. Slipped it back into D and that thing roared to life going 65 and downshifting to 4th. It was loud, it snapped everyone out of what they were doing. I’m hoping the delete pipe will redirect some of the noise down to the ground. If not may consider an aftermarket muffler. I do like the sound 99% of the time as well as the extra ground clearance. I’m just not sure how it’ll do pulling through the CO mountains this summer.

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I previously posted on this thread being an owner of several Duramaxs. Currently daily drive a straight piped single cab Duramax. It’s loud. I did the muffler delete and haven’t been able to get the delete pipe I bought used off another member on here to fit so we may show it some love when we get it on the car lift.

To me, (with no delete pipe installed but muffler deleted) it’s moderately loud with drone at cruising speeds. I like the way it sounds at take off. I was traveling home from the beach this weekend with it in M-8th (testing gearing and drive ability) when I started to lose speed. Slipped it back into D and that thing roared to life going 65 and downshifting to 4th. It was loud, it snapped everyone out of what they were doing. I’m hoping the delete pipe will redirect some of the noise down to the ground. If not may consider an aftermarket muffler. I do like the sound 99% of the time as well as the extra ground clearance. I’m just not sure how it’ll do pulling through the CO mountains this summer.
I think the pipe will help because right now the sound is reverberating off the rear. with the pipe the sound will be forced down.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I think the pipe will help because right now the sound is reverberating off the rear. with the pipe the sound will be forced down.
It will refine the sound somewhat, due to the exit point and the extra pipe travel. I would highly recommend cutting that notch out where the pipe slips on, that location stud doesn't allow a full tight fit there, it will leak and sound a bit tinny due to that.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
Finally got my delete pipe installed. I previously had problems installing mine after buying used. I took it in to the muffler shop, they completely cut off the small tab, expanded the delete pipe, installed it, then threw some tack welds on it to maximize the clearance on it and keep it from moving around. The drone and excessive sound is almost about gone even when mashing the pedal with the HikeIt. Definitely digging it and happy with the outcome.

F943401E-3F68-45B6-B08D-C5C42B428FB3.jpeg

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Finally got my delete pipe installed. I previously had problems installing mine after buying used. I took it in to the muffler shop, they completely cut off the small tab, expanded the delete pipe, installed it, then threw some tack welds on it to maximize the clearance on it and keep it from moving around. The drone and excessive sound is almost about gone even when mashing the pedal with the HikeIt. Definitely digging it and happy with the outcome.
Glad you are happy now. I Probably should notch mine, I probably have the small leak everyone talked about.

On a side note, how do you like that bumper? Does it seeM like it will protect better than the stock steel one?

Sponsored

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Why doesn’t everyone do this? Are there different state requirements?

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
On a side note, how do you like that bumper? Does it seeM like it will protect better than the stock steel one?
I like it. Far superior in ground clearance and material thickness. I was a little surprised how thick the stock steel bumper was. I could see how it could land on an obstacle and tweak enough to damage the tub.

Why doesn’t everyone do this? Are there different state requirements?
Primary complaint seems to be noise level.

ArkieJeep

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I have the Pypes version and added a resonator tip. It quieted it down somewhat and got rid of the drone. The tip has a perforated liner.

Scott

Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Dynomax Muffler Delete F943401E-3F68-45B6-B08D-C5C42B428FB3

Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Dynomax Muffler Delete F943401E-3F68-45B6-B08D-C5C42B428FB3
What brand is this resonator tip? The drone is killing me, so looking for a way to diminish it.

Thank you!

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
What brand is this resonator tip? The drone is killing me, so looking for a way to diminish it.

Thank you!
It doesn’t give a manufacturer, it was a one from China. I got the cheapest one that had a perforated inner wall And came with a clamp I could find on eBay. It was free shipping when I got it. This is like the one I got. https://www.ebay.com/itm/183680208274

Scott
Sponsored