Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
My only gripe on the delete with the 2.0t is the cold start sounds like crap now - almost agricultural. Aside from that I'm pretty pleased with the results.
Some people like that sound though..."looking at you diesel guys"...;)

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
It is, but I figured it directed the exhaust back instead of down. I intend on painting it. Bought the cheapest one I could find as I didn’t know if it would be enough reduction of the drone for me to Keep it and the delete.
Tough to tell in your video. Did the resonator tip make a noticeable difference? Was it worth it?

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Tough to tell in your video. Did the resonator tip make a noticeable difference? Was it worth it?
I would say it from 0 stock to 100 no tip, from a loudness standpoint it is about a 60. From a drone in the cabin it is maybe a 10, sometimes you hear it a little bit but not intrusive. Without the tip, I could not have kept the delete, that drone over 2,000 rpm on the highway was a killer.

Scott

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I would say it from 0 stock to 100 no tip, from a loudness standpoint it is about a 60. From a drone in the cabin it is maybe a 10, sometimes you hear it a little bit but not intrusive. Without the tip, I could not have kept the delete, that drone over 2,000 rpm on the highway was a killer.

Scott
Maybe that drone is more obvious w/ the 4dr, don't have a problem w/ it in mine.

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
Maybe that drone is more obvious w/ the 4dr, don't have a problem w/ it in mine.
I don't get any drone on the highway either. The exhaust IS louder, but not that much. The only time it really gets loud is when you get on it, or the trans kicks down two gears on a climb. Acceleration isn't too bad, but you do know it's not stock when you hear it.

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
I put some clips of what mine sounds like on Instagram. Recorded with my phone, so it is what it is, but you get a sense of what it sounds like. If you've never owned a vehicle (motorcycle, car, boat, or anything) that had an aftermarket exhaust, or you hear them and say "Too damn loud", this is NOT the thing for you. Save the $99.

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
Hey guys! How loud is the cold start with this tailpipe delete on the 3.6L? I'm concerned it may be too loud for my surrounding neighbors when I fire it up at 5am?
I live in a condo complex full of complaining old people... seriously... if you put out your recycle bin before 6pm you get a fine kind of complainers, and nobody has said a thing about mine. When I remote start on a cold day I hear it for about 15 seconds.. just a low rumble sortof, but thats it. It quiets down fast.

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
I live in a condo complex full of complaining old people... seriously... if you put out your recycle bin before 6pm you get a fine kind of complainers, and nobody has said a thing about mine. When I remote start on a cold day I hear it for about 15 seconds.. just a low rumble sortof, but thats it. It quiets down fast.
Thanks Jeff.

Sponsored

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
lucky... the 3.6 does sound better on cold start. the 2.0t sounds like an open fart.

makumozosd

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0T
lucky... the 3.6 does sound better on cold start. the 2.0t sounds like an open fart.
Agreed! IMO the 2.0t is better than the V6 engine in just about every aspect except...SOUND. There is no character to the exhaust note, its not pleasant or terrible in any way, its just 'there' and barely audible unless WOT.

The delete just makes it "more there" and gives it some volume.

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
Just to throw a wrench in the thread, I just saw a post on Insta from a guy in Japan who put a motorcycle muffler on his jeep. This might be something that works out really well for those 2.0T people. It didn't sound like a "rice burner", pipe was a Yoshimura.

OP
OP
DFlannery2A

DFlannery2A

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392
Occupation
Police Officer, Firefighter, EMT, ARFF
So I have switched between topless, soft-top, and hard-top numerous times. The hardtop DEFINITELY increases the drone above 2K rpm. Going topless or using the soft-top there's little no drone at all.

As a side note, I've had an exhaust leak coming from the clamp that connects the Y-pipe and the mid-pipe with resonator since I've owned the Jeep. The dealership/service dept i go to (used to go to) tried to void my warranty because i removed my muffler. Thank goodness i documented all the issues i had with that clamp prior to removing my muffler. I basically had to beg and argue to keep them from voiding the warranty on my exhaust. Like i said, it's good i kept documentation.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Wanted to post an update on my experience:
The first time i mounted mine, it sounded completely like a ricer - didnt like it at all. Took it off.

Figured i'd try it for my 2nd run (to SMORR). I decided to notch it (figuring it couldnt hurt) and i felt that the clamp mounted more flush this time (not due to the notch, just in general). I felt like there may have been an air leak that 1st time, but it sounded completely tolerable this time. I may run with it for a while.

On another note: we have 2 of these and i found a defect with the other one, so i'll have to contact Dynomax. 1 of the spaces was not fully cut out on the pipe and was not discovered until i wrenched the heck out of it, so it created a small buckle.
Sponsored