First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Occupation
Director of Operations
Can someone let me know how to access the lower dash speakers?
Sponsored

Wzabrouski

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Occupation
Director of Operations
I was looking to access the lower speaker connections, and with a little exploring I realized that by taking out the glovebox, it allows access to the connector for the lower dash speaker on the passenger side. I am looking to add a line output converter to install my Infinity BaseLink. I thought this was going to be more involved, but this find has made this pretty easy. Hope this can help.

363C6F34-42E0-48C0-8DC4-08674984BA3C.jpeg

0C313CF8-8E9F-414F-83AD-375571CD6FF5.jpeg

08280EB2-2770-45A9-9A63-9B978DDFAADC.jpeg

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 8.4" Alpine system in my Jeep. It's kind of funny that the Dash speakers are 3.5" but as far as aftermarket speakers Alpine only makes a 3" component speaker and a 4" coaxial.

Also.... to all you audiophile experts.... I was thinking about replacing all my speakers to larger ones by using the metra kit for the kick panel and the ssv adapters for the sound bar. I was thinking of staying with Alpine speakers because I've always been partial to Alpine. I wasn't on planning on adding any additional amplification just wanted a slightly larger speaker. What Alpine series would be closest to the factory Alpine speakers? E, S or R. And one last additional question... Are the existing speakers coaxial or component? Didn't want to buy Coaxial and not be able to mount the tweeter.

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have the 8.4" Alpine system in my Jeep. It's kind of funny that the Dash speakers are 3.5" but as far as aftermarket speakers Alpine only makes a 3" component speaker and a 4" coaxial.

Also.... to all you audiophile experts.... I was thinking about replacing all my speakers to larger ones by using the metra kit for the kick panel and the ssv adapters for the sound bar. I was thinking of staying with Alpine speakers because I've always been partial to Alpine. I wasn't on planning on adding any additional amplification just wanted a slightly larger speaker. What Alpine series would be closest to the factory Alpine speakers? E, S or R. And one last additional question... Are the existing speakers coaxial or component? Didn't want to buy Coaxial and not be able to mount the tweeter.
Just got done replacing all speakers and just that alone was a chore. You almost have to remove the better part of the dash, unscrew the passenger airbag module, and it is not the most fun to do. However it can be done.

I believe the dash speaker and kick panel were both more of a coax setup.

if Alpine is still making the type s speakers with the midrange woofer having a built in crossover this would be ideal for your needs. This way you don’t have to install a crossover.

However the factory radio is a weak link. If you have the premium alpine you may be okay but reading on this forum you would need to wire in resisters for just upgrading the speakers alone.

Gaust

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 Renegade Trailhawk
The factory speakers are a single voice coil 8 ohm speaker for the lower and upper location. If you’re going to replace both speakers and use the OEM amplifier I’d suggest looking at getting a 4” midbass speaker from Parts Express or similar site. Then a 3.5” coax speaker for the upper dash. The signal from the OEM amplifier is divided into a low pass and high pass. The lower dash 4” speakers get the low pass and the 3.5” upper dash gets the high pass signal. If you use 4 ohm speakers you’ll get more output from the amp.
You can test the speakers and crossovers out by downloading a signal generating app, play test tones, changing the frequency. The app is also a great tool to use when chasing down rattles and buzzing panels.
Sponsored