Manufacturing delays

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
places like an auto factory will need to close, despite the physical distance of the line workers, because....obviously....they gather to do things like change clothes & eat.
Sponsored

OP
OP
lordcon

lordcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
OP
OP
lordcon

lordcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
I hope that the team that handles the train yard loading, shipping, etc isn’t a part of the union (now that I finally have a build+window sticker on my build). Lol
I hear ya. My build sheet became available yesterday so I got close too.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
FCA new plan for production start in US is May 4th.

MMalone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara 4XE White
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
I read that too....
Damn, guess my Easter Present will now be pushed to Fathers Day. At least i get what i want (ordered)

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I want all Auto Workers to be able to return to work in an environment that is thoughtfully configured and implements the needed protocols to keep employees safe. Hopefully this extra couple of weeks will allow time to build that final plan and implement it.

MMalone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara 4XE White
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
I want all Auto Workers to be able to return to work in an environment that is thoughtfully configured and implements the needed protocols to keep employees safe. Hopefully this extra couple of weeks will allow time to build that final plan and implement it.
Amen

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I read that too....
Damn, guess my Easter Present will now be pushed to Fathers Day. At least i get what i want (ordered)
I remember 18 months ago waiting and waiting and waiting to get mine from the factory and I miss it. Even though I have two new vehicles I'm getting the itch to order another one. I need to go call my addiction therapist and have her talk me out of it.

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I remember 18 months ago waiting and waiting and waiting to get mine from the factory and I miss it. Even though I have two new vehicles I'm getting the itch to order another one. I need to go call my addiction therapist and have her talk me out of it.
Every time I see your posts I think of the 18 months that I lived in Omaha (UPRR) - hottest AND coldest place I've ever lived. 101 degrees with humidity in Summer giving way to fifteen consecutive days below zero (Winter of 1984).

Albertaktm

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys 2 Door Manual.
Occupation
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Well that’s the new “plan”. All that means is there is no way they are starting before May 4.
The original announcement was production will be suspended until the end of March then reviewed on a weekly basis.

So they have reviewed it after a week. Check. The result? Let’s review again in 3 weeks.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Every time I see your posts I think of the 18 months that I lived in Omaha (UPRR) - hottest AND coldest place I've ever lived. 100 degrees with humidity transitioning to minus 20 (Winter of 1984).
That would be a mi!d year. I remember -33 and not above freezing for about 3 weeks in the 1970s.
I was a consultant to UPRR for a year a long time ago.

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
Just be aware they were supposed to be shut down only until March 30. Then it became "through April 14." Now it's "sometime after May 3." Next it will be....?

This could stretch out for several months. I ordered a Jeep 3 days before the factory shut down. It sucks to wait, but I definitely want happy and healthy factory workers assembling my Jeep! :like:

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just be aware they were supposed to be shut down only until March 30. Then it became "through April 14." Now it's "sometime after May 3." Next it will be....?

This could stretch out for several months. I ordered a Jeep 3 days before the factory shut down. It sucks to wait, but I definitely want happy and healthy factory workers assembling my Jeep! :like:
Not an easy process reopening plants. Discussions with UAW, suppliers, transporters, and on and on so it takes some pre-planning time. But they have to give some hope for everybody on the waiting list or the number of people with depression would skyrocket.
Sponsored