Just another thread about delays...

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
What I am just waiting for is the first spring storm with a lot of hail to roll through...and my Jeep will still be sitting out in the open at some stupid rail yard, and it will get clobbered. Then what happens if it has hail damage!??
Sponsored

martyb511

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara, 15 Lexus CT200h, 15 Toyota Highlander Ltd
In the spirit of tax season, do we know if our Jeeps, in the many parking lots and shipping yards, are being shipped LIFO (Last in First Out) or FIFO (First in First Out)........or a crapshoot where it up to the discretion of the transporter on which jeep he decides to pick off the lots?

Maccam26

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
Anyone know if Jeeps are wrapped with white plastic on hood and if wheels are covered in storage to protect rotors from elements and paint from BIRD doodoo... told my dealer I'm not paying if it gets to me rusted and paint is etched with burns and debris.

Rubidouxit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLUR
What I am just waiting for is the first spring storm with a lot of hail to roll through...and my Jeep will still be sitting out in the open at some stupid rail yard, and it will get clobbered. Then what happens if it has hail damage!??
EXACTLY!! That is my chief concern right at the moment. One of the reasons I like to order a vehicle besides getting the options I want is getting one that has not been out in the elements for who knows how long. My vehicles are always garaged. It's tough knowing your fifty some thousand dollar Jeep is stuck in the middle of nowhere in all this crappy weather since it's been built with no end in sight. This whole process has been ridiculous to say the least. Like so many others, I'm growing more impatient by the day.

Rubidouxit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLUR
Anyone know if Jeeps are wrapped with white plastic on hood and if wheels are covered in storage to protect rotors from elements and paint from BIRD doodoo... told my dealer I'm not paying if it gets to me rusted and paint is etched with burns and debris.
The few I've seen have no exterior protection whatsoever. Pretty sad.

Sponsored

Maccam26

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
The few I've seen have no exterior protection whatsoever. Pretty sad.
Yes at 50k for sure, Lexus wraps and ships in enclosed trailers for vehicles in same price range. Sure ours will see more dirt but brand new I’d expect to have the pleasure of the first damage not some storage yard rot.

Rubidouxit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLUR
Yes at 50k for sure, Lexus wraps and ships in enclosed trailers for vehicles in same price range. Sure ours will see more dirt but brand new I’d expect to have the pleasure of the first damage not some storage yard rot.
I hear you and fully agree.

AggieJeepGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (replaced 2007 JKUR); 2016 Durango Brass Monkey edition; 2011 Expedition; 2002 Trans Am WS6 6spd
Vehicle Showcase
So glad I timed reading this post with watching the 10pm weather update ... that just moved the worst of the storms East where they will now ‘really get going’ as the approach the MS River. As our Jeeps sit in Alorton. ... hopefully they are still in a train car and not ‘airing out’ on the lot!

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
5,000 Rubis with hail damage all at one time...I wonder if Jeep is self-insured?

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
After 3 months of waiting....
IMG_14701.jpg

kicker is the soft top is still missing! SMH
Sponsored