Got hit today

marctx

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Does anyone have a rough estimate on what it's going to cost to get this fixed? The other driver was at fault, and their insurance is trying to rush me in to accepting a check. I just wanna know how bad they are going to try to screw me. Thanks!

IMG_20200204_131022.jpg
IMG_20200204_125647.jpg
IMG_20200204_124735.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
marctx

marctx

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Don't talk to the other company. You have your own insurance Co. to do just that. What did the repair adjuster say about the damage costs?
I haven't been yet. They wanted me to go first thing in the morning.

Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Don't talk to the other company. You have your own insurance Co. to do just that. What did the repair adjuster say about the damage costs?
This!

Have your insurance company do all the necessary communication with them for you. The insurance company for the person at fault is going to try and rush you to accept the lowest amount possible.

Yngwie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sarge Green JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Agree with everyone. Do NOT rush into accepting a check. Take your time getting estimates and get your own insurance company involved.

This isn't legal advice, but a former office mate of mine was a PI attorney and he advised taking your time when dealing with an insurance company after an accident, such as when I got hit on my motorcycle. The insurance company wants to get it off their books and are hoping you want the money quick so they don't have to pay what it is worth.

EDIT: And sorry to hear about the damage. Hope you get it looking good as new!

OP
OP
marctx

marctx

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Thanks for all the advice. I already talked to their insurance company (GEICO). Hopefully that wasn't a mistake. They wanted me to drop the Jeep off at their preferred body shop first thing in the morning. I put the brakes on that. Then she suggested I just take it in to get an estimate and a check, also first thing in the morning. She really is trying to rush things. Sounds like I need to get my company involved. Thanks again!

99wishes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Moab
More than likely you will have to take it to one of their shops for an appraisal then they will try to get you to have repairs done there. Just get the 15 minute estimate. That’s sometimes part of the process.

I would then tell them you are taking it to the dealerships body shop to have the repairs done. You could probably call the body shop ahead of time to get a contact. Give the insurance company that information, tell them when you are dropping it off, AND tell them you need a rental. Once it gets to the body shop they will do the negotiating with the insurance company through supplementals.

Important part, don’t take any money until you understand the full amount AND you can take it anywhere. Ask the body shop if you have any questions about payments or procedures.

Sponsored

JeepJLBase

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
I have never “taken money” from a claim. I have always dropped it off at the shop I prefer and call my insurance to handle the paperwork. That’s why you pay for insurance.

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
If they cut you a check it doesn’t mean that’s all they are paying you. The insurance companies are required to set aside xxx amount of money into an escrow account so to speak whenever there is a claim. When they issue a check it sets the baseline so to speak for the claim and then they only need to set aside a multiplier of that amount so to speak. It essentially minimizes the amount they need to tie up until the claim is settled. One thing to be concerned with is the B pillar that is damaged (area where the rear door hinges are attached) actually goes under the front rocker section, to properly repair that area you should actually replace the front rocker section to gain access to the B pillar that is under that area to properly repair it. Also there is not much of a gap between the outer panels and the inner reinforcement of the rocker. The inner rocker is UHHS ( ultra high strength steel) and can only be repaired cold, if that is damaged it may very well need to be replaced. That doesn’t look like much but it could easily end up being 7-9k depending on what the inner panels look like. I have been doing collision work for 30+ years and have done all the certifications for FCA.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
1400.00 plus the rock slider . I had that exact damage from a deer running into my jeep. They have to blend the paint into the back door.

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
Does anyone have a rough estimate on what it's going to cost to get this fixed? The other driver was at fault, and their insurance is trying to rush me in to accepting a check. I just wanna know how bad they are going to try to screw me. Thanks!

IMG_20200204_131022.jpg
IMG_20200204_125647.jpg
IMG_20200204_124735.jpg
That's nothing. @Roky could buff that out.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
OP, good luck with your repair.

maybe add some slider steps like roam or LOD...... might be a bit more protective if something like that happens again........and in the meantime, you have a nice step!
Sponsored