You Get What You Pay For..

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, wherever a nurse registers into the program is where their salary gets taxed. If memory serves, that's the next aspect that she was going to look into. She just started in the ICU unit, so further class work both in the hospital and home on the computer has been added on to of her normal shifts. Her free time has been filled, so she hasn't researched more into traveling. Plus, she wants to log at least 2 years of experience before moving on. Building a house here is a notion that's been pushed to the edge of the table. As time goes on, I get more and more convinced that it will get the last nudge to get knocked off.

Advertisement

Mfarr75

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS
I like it when people pontificate on concepts or philosophers they don't really understand. To make the above association to Ayn Rand (who coincidentally is not Rand Paul, lol) is laughable at best.
LOL. In all seriousness, I actually know all about Ayn Rand. She was a bit whacky, and had very unrealistic views of how the world actually works, like most people who fancy themselves philosophers. I typically don't take anyone seriously that quotes her for any reason. The only good thing is that she is no longer around to write dumb books. A lot of republican-types love to quote Rand as some bastion of conservatism and some great defender of "individual rights", but she really wasn't. At the heart of it, she just really liked making money off people who bought her BS. Funny thing is, if she were around, Rand would actually be against 99% of the current MAGA platform which drifts heavily toward authoritarian when you pull back the curtains. I just assumed you were joking around by quoting her. But I guess not. Carry on then.

Last edited:

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
LOL. In all seriousness, I actually know all about Ayn Rand. She was a bit whacky, and had very unrealistic views of how the world actually works, like most people who fancy themselves philosophers. I typically don't take anyone seriously that quotes her for any reason. The only good thing is that she is no longer around to write dumb books. A lot of republican-types love to quote Rand as some bastion of conservatism and some great defender of "individual rights", but she really wasn't. At the heart of it, she just really liked making money off people who bought her BS. Funny thing is, if she were around, Rand would actually be against 99% of the current MAGA platform which drifts heavily toward authoritarian when you pull back the curtains. I just assumed you were joking around by quoting her. But I guess not. Carry on then.
Yeah? M-kay. :CWL:

You're right about much of the "MAGA" platform being something she wouldn't support.

So...what was up with the Rand Paul tangent?

Mfarr75

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS
1*
See below. Ayn Rand is not Rand Paul. Completely different people, genders, timelines and ideals. In your defense, they both needed oxygen to live.
Agreed. I chuckled. And that user’s credibility is lost.
This is all very funny. I guess sarcasm and a bit of joking doesn't fly in this thread. Oh well.

Actually, Rand Paul doesn't need oxygen to live. In fact, I doubt he breathes at all. I fear he is some kind of alien sent here to destroy the Senate, or at least common sense. His work is not yet finished, but he is making progress. Ayn Rand doesn't need any oxygen since she's been dead since the early 1980's. The cigarettes got her in the end by giving her lung cancer. I guess she would not be mad at the cigarette manufacturers for not warning her about that tiny risk, because they were just being good capitalists and making money. Cancer warnings hurt profit.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
This is all very funny. I guess sarcasm and a bit of joking doesn't fly in this thread. Oh well.

Actually, Rand Paul doesn't need oxygen to live. In fact, I doubt he breathes at all. I fear he is some kind of alien sent here to destroy the Senate, or at least common sense. His work is not yet finished, but he is making progress. Ayn Rand doesn't need any oxygen since she's been dead since the early 1980's. The cigarettes got her in the end by giving her lung cancer. I guess she would not be mad at the cigarette manufacturers for not warning her about that tiny risk, because they were just being good capitalists and making money. Cancer warnings hurt profit.

LOL, once again illustrating just how little you understand the concepts about which she wrote.

I couldn't even be characterized as a "fan" (though I do agree with her quote above) of her work and I know that.

Funny how many folks in this thread are clearly very afraid of their own mortality and lack all personal accountability...so much so that they project it on to others.

Mfarr75

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS
LOL, once again illustrating just how little you understand the concepts about which she wrote.

I couldn't even be characterized as a "fan" (though I do agree with her quote above) of her work and I know that.

Funny how many folks in this thread are clearly very afraid of their own mortality and lack all personal accountability...so much so that they project it on to others.
Hey everybody. Sean K has got it right (as usual I am sure). Sounds like he's got it all figured out, which is fantastic! Great job Mr. K! Hold your signed copy of Atlas Shrugged high for all to see! For my part, I will just continue to stew in my own salty broth of ignorance and lack of accountability. And I shall project my flaws upon others I meet. I can't help it because I am unenlightened and fear my own mortality, as you have so deftly figured out in this Jeep Wrangler forum! Oh, have mercy on the wretches Mr. K. Please I beg of you.

Don't forget to mark your calender for February 2nd to celebrate Ayn Rand's 116th B-Day!

1601064944605.png

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey everybody. Sean K has got it right (as usual I am sure). Sounds like he's got it all figured out, which is fantastic! Great job Mr. K! Hold your signed copy of Atlas Shrugged high for all to see! For my part, I will just continue to stew in my own salty broth of ignorance and lack of accountability. And I shall project my flaws upon others I meet. I can't help it because I am unenlightened and fear my own mortality, as you have so deftly figured out in this Jeep Wrangler forum! Oh, have mercy on the wretches Mr. K. Please I beg of you.

Don't forget to mark your calender for February 2nd to celebrate Ayn Rand's 116th B-Day!

1601064944605.png
***EDIT*** Apologies...shouldn't have stooped to the low hanging fruit. Should have deconstructed your statement. No time now though....maybe later.

Last edited:

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm, the name of the thread is “you get what you pay for” and shows 2 vehicles in a crash test. Somehow it became a war on politics.
Ok I’ll try to re-rail the derail.
Did we get what we paid for in our beloved Jeeps? Or if your Jeep were wrecked or stolen tomorrow would you buy another?

Mfarr75

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS
Hmmm, the name of the thread is “you get what you pay for” and shows 2 vehicles in a crash test. Somehow it became a war on politics.
Did we get what we paid for in our beloved Jeeps? Or if your Jeep were wrecked or stolen tomorrow would you buy another?
Ayn Rand would not buy another Jeep.

Sorry I couldn't resist. LOL. Okay, I'm done!

PyrPatriot

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
co
Things may be more like how they should be, down your way. But new york just keeps getting worse. On top of the "safe" act, illegals can now vote and get drivers licenses, but becoming legal and tax paying isn't required for either. My wife and i are getting pretty locked in to the idea of her becoming a registered travel nurse, within the next 2 years. She'll make a ton of money, I'll be mostly retired and exploring trails everywhere we go, and after a few to several years we'll have a very good bead on where to lay roots again.
come to KY. Louisville has lots of hospitals and medical facilities, I met a traveling physical therapist who drives a JT, and your presence can help ky not become like NY

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
co

come to KY. Louisville has lots of hospitals and medical facilities, I met a traveling physical therapist who drives a JT, and your presence can help ky not become like NY
You’re so right. NYC has become such a s**tshow. The Liberal Democrats keep supporting these domestic terrorists now the animals run the zoo. Even liberal Howard Stern said a few weeks ago that people are leaving in droves because of COVID. Give me a break,

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara (JLU), Renegade Limited (BU)
... It may become policy to ask every patient if they have any firearms in their homes....
What's funny is that you think the patients will tell the truth.
Someone could have a whole pile of guns and simply say "nope, I don't have guns." Easy as that. Heck they lie to the BMV all the time and say they have, and will continue to have auto insurance. There's no way people will be honest about having guns in their homes when it has no bearing on the situation.

..... Hot nurses love German engineering, afterall...
Ja, Ich bin Duetsche. ;)

Yeah, I tired that too, and it didn't stick.
But to answer the question, and try to get back on track again. I think we got what we paid for. They do crash pretty well. And lets face it, you typically don't buy a vehicle for its crash safety only. We get a lot of enjoyment out of the Wrangler that the G-Wagon just doesn't offer. No way is their aftermarket as big, and the Wrangler is world renowned for its off-road capability. Is it the best off-road vehicle ever made? Maybe, maybe not, but it does great. So yeah, considering there is more than just crash testing, I'd say we absolutely got what we paid for, and I don't see how the Mercede's higher price tag shows more worth. You're paying for the name.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
What's funny is that you think the patients will tell the truth.
Someone could have a whole pile of guns and simply say "nope, I don't have guns." Easy as that. Heck they lie to the BMV all the time and say they have, and will continue to have auto insurance. There's no way people will be honest about having guns in their homes when it has no bearing on the situation.

Ja, Ich bin Duetsche. ;)

Yeah, I tired that too, and it didn't stick.
But to answer the question, and try to get back on track again. I think we got what we paid for. They do crash pretty well. And lets face it, you typically don't buy a vehicle for its crash safety only. We get a lot of enjoyment out of the Wrangler that the G-Wagon just doesn't offer. No way is their aftermarket as big, and the Wrangler is world renowned for its off-road capability. Is it the best off-road vehicle ever made? Maybe, maybe not, but it does great. So yeah, considering there is more than just crash testing, I'd say we absolutely got what we paid for, and I don't see how the Mercede's higher price tag shows more worth. You're paying for the name.
I most definitely agree with you about the value of not showing ones hand. I opt to see but not be seen and hear but not be heard, until someone mistakes me for a potential opportunity.

I can foresee a large number of firearm owners, who are not at least semi enthusiasts, that will give the knee jerk reaction without being aware of the game at play.

Advertisement

Superchips Flashcal Programmer out for JL Wrangler

Advertisement