msdesignltd

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler Recon unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
wonder why they did not include the emergency braking sensing on jeep.

Sponsored

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
Each star in rating costs $40,000.00 more

Take this video with a grain of salt, folks as it is from my second home and birth country (India). For a few bucks, corporate India will sell their father if they have to. Mercedes is scared of Jeep in India as the Wrangler has pummeled them in off road Luxury SUV sales for their G Wagen due to price. Before the Wrangler, only G Wagen dominated the high end SUV market in India and it was common to see them in the very rich neighborhoods of Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, etc. Jeep enters the fray in 2016 with a Wrangler and the rich went ape shit about it due to the (relatively) much lower cost and the iconic reputation Wranglers have had in India. Ever since 2016, the Rich preferred Wranglers while the Upper Middle Class like me preferred Mahindra Thar (Wrangler’s cheaper but much less capable and reliable cousin).

Wont be surprised if MB in India paid off our safety agency in Delhi to make the Wrangler look bad from a safety perspective. The G Wagen is by all means a safer vehicle than the Wrangler but that doesn’t mean that the Wrangler does not belong on the streets.

By no means am I criticising India. It is my second home and the place that gave birth to me. But I know how corrupt and dishonest we are!

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
European safety put a lot of weight on what happens to others outside your vehicle in a crash, and TBH I don't care.
Someone might want to call up the Mercedes Benz corporate office in India and tell them they need to do a better job in getting buyers away from the Wrangler. If the very rich like the performance of a Turbo 4 on the horrible Indian road conditions, why would they want to buy a Twin Turbo V8 when Petrol prices are the equivalent to almost USD 5 a gallon in India and the government puts out a HUGE Gas Guzzler tax on any non commercial vehicle with an Engine bigger than 2.5 liters? That Tax is the reason why FCA does not offer the 3.6 Pentastar in India at all. The tax was hurting their profitability significantly in India.

Sponsored

OP
OP
msdesignltd

msdesignltd

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler Recon unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Of Course Mercedes is safer
$$$$$$$$$$$$ is King...Mercedes charges for years of crash resistant development..Jeep....Chrysler does not develop such resistance..Hence we pay 1/4 the price....Drive Safe!

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Of Course Mercedes is safer
$$$$$$$$$$$$ is King...Mercedes charges for years of crash resistant development..Jeep....Chrysler does not develop such resistance..Hence we pay 1/4 the price....Drive Safe!
Ummm yea.....I still not getting me a Mercedes unless the Rich Nigerian Prince I am related to and sends me emails sends me money via WesternUnion for me to pick up a G Wagen.
Sponsored