Sponsored

Free oil change, you get what you pay for!

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
I got my 3rd change done on Saturday. Finally got them to put 5 quarts in but they still continuously put 5w-20. Once these free ones run out I'll just start doing it myself since it's basically a 10 minute job on a Wrangler.
Be happy they didn’t put 0w-20 in. We should be running at least 5w-30 in these motors. But EPA quotas to fill.
Sponsored

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I got my 3rd change done on Saturday. Finally got them to put 5 quarts in but they still continuously put 5w-20. Once these free ones run out I'll just start doing it myself since it's basically a 10 minute job on a Wrangler.
That's exactly why after I went for my first freebie oil change I never went back. Wrong type, wrong amount, and took them nearly 2 hours to give me my Jeep back. Did it myself the second time and will be doing it myself from now on. FCA can't give me shit if I need to go in for warranty, I'll be keeping my receipts showing Mopar products were used.

Midwestguy

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
No, just a comment. Oil changes take about 30 minutes and very little effort. No need to worry about missing a sporting event, which is really pretty worthless in the grand scheme of things.
You can teach your kid more by sharing an oil change with them.

Worthless? LOL...clearly, you’ve never wrestled.

30 minutes is just that...30 minutes i wont get back. Glad your life has the leisure time to allow such things like oil changes, to assume others have the same luxury...well....you know what they say about assuming.

Sponsored

Chomper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
The Jeep service department is the Veterans Health Administration of the car world. They work hard to keep performance one notch below “barely acceptable” because it’s a Jeep thing.

Jiffy Lube changes my oil, fills my tires, tops off my fluids, rotates my tires, checks my brakes (though I’d never let them touch the brakes), cleans my windows, and vacuums my carpets — all within 15 minutes without an appointment. They also know how many quarts the JL takes. Not sure why anyone would go to the dealership unless you’re bored.
I had Jiffy Lube destroy an engine because they screwed up an oil change.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (SOLD - March 2021)
Occupation
SD-WAN Engineer - Technical Author
Holy hell. Why is this still being discussed?
One thing I have realized about this site.

1. 75% are trolls. (This can be easily identified as the one who has worthless, snarky remarks after a simple question being asked)
2. 25% is actual good information.

(Watch after this remark you will see at least a few trolls identify themselves)

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
When I pull into a gas station, I get so tired waiting for someone to come out and fill my gas tank, that I finally fill it myself.
That must be you I seem to always get behind at the pump.

JeepGeezer

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
it's a free oil change
No, it is not a free oil change. The price was included in the purchase price of the vehicle, so it is a paid for oil change. Just not paid for at this moment.
Sponsored