Sponsored

Xtreme Recon Questions!

ssrgeoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2022 JLURD
Question as it relates to the XR package... If the axle is beefed up compared to your standard Rubicon, is it the wall thickness or a bigger tube all together? Would the EcoDiesel use the same front axle as the XR package or Rubicon?
Sponsored

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I will not try to defend the concept they are "just fine" either.
I never asked you to defend it. You decided to debate it. For me it works just fine so why am I not allowed to say that?
I have used

31s w/ 3.73
32s w/ 3.73
33s w/ 3.73
35s w/3.73
37s w/5.13
32s w/ 4.10
35s w/ 4.10
37s w/ 4.10 (on two different Jeeps)

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Question as it relates to the XR package... If the axle is beefed up compared to your standard Rubicon, is it the wall thickness or a bigger tube all together? Would the EcoDiesel use the same front axle as the XR package or Rubicon?
I have seen that posted a few times (XR's have thicker tube walls), but could never find an objective data source to confirm it.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I never asked you to defend it. You decided to debate it. For me it works just fine so why am I not allowed to say that?
You are very much allowed to say it and if it works for you, fantastic--it doesn't work for me and I already said that I would agree to disagree so we can just let it go.

ssrgeoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2022 JLURD
I have seen that posted a few times (XR's have thicker tube walls), but could never find an objective data source to confirm it.
Okay, so same outside diameter but thicker wall. Thats definitely a plus...

Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
IF it's true. I tried to find some data from FCA or Dana to confirm it and never found anything.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
IF it's true. I tried to find some data from FCA or Dana to confirm it and never found anything.
It is in fact the 392/Mojave housing. It also changes the GVW from 5800lbs to 6100lbs. The FAD is also heavier the MC RubiconFAD skid does not fit on it. You should be able to find those specs looking up the 392 or Mojave.

MilkSteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
It is in fact the 392/Mojave housing. It also changes the GVW from 5800lbs to 6100lbs. The FAD is also heavier the MC RubiconFAD skid does not fit on it. You should be able to find those specs looking up the 392 or Mojave.
I'm glad I read this, I was planning on buying that Skid first since the FAD is so vulnerable. I will have to ask them if the 392 Skid could possibly work

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm glad I read this, I was planning on buying that Skid first since the FAD is so vulnerable. I will have to ask them if the 392 Skid could possibly work
Ask me how I know. I have the Regular Rubicon MC Fad skid in the shop that needs a new home. Apparently MC won’t have one to fit the XR until August.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
A larger diameter with the same thickness would be considerably stronger than the same diameter and a couple mm thicker wall. They chose the latter so that the same bracketry could be used, which is more economical for production.

ssrgeoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2022 JLURD
A larger diameter with the same thickness would be considerably stronger than the same diameter and a couple mm thicker wall. They chose the latter so that the same bracketry could be used, which is more economical for production.
Yeah that makes sense from a production standpoint. The fact that it is thicker, even if its millimeters is still better than your standard.. but slightly. I am sure most who buy this package aren't solely paying the 4k upcharge for the axle alone but for all the other goodies. Otherwise, as mentioned above there is much better options. Do you know if this "HD" axle is also in the EcoDiesel or is that your standard Rubicon?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah that makes sense from a production standpoint. The fact that it is thicker, even if its millimeters is still better than your standard.. but slightly. I am sure most who buy this package aren't solely paying the 4k upcharge for the axle alone but for all the other goodies. Otherwise, as mentioned above there is much better options. Do you know if this "HD" axle is also in the EcoDiesel or is that your standard Rubicon?
Diesel has same as gas Rubicon. The XR is same as 392 with exception of FAD. Not only thicker wall but iron knuckles.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Those Beadlock Capable wheels are also 4.4” backspace 12mm Offset.
A +12mm offset on a 8" wheel is 4.97" backspace, not 4.4". 4.4 BS would be -3mm offset on an 8" wheel.

I think I saw on here where someone measured and came up with ~5" BS.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A +12mm offset on a 8" wheel is 4.97" backspace, not 4.4". 4.4 BS would be -3mm offset on an 8" wheel.

I think I saw on here where someone measured and came up with ~5" BS.
I did a web search a few days ago and those were the figures that came up on a sales site for the Mopar Black and silver Beadlock capable wheel that is suppose to be the same, the figures did not come from a forum post so I expected them to be somewhat accurate. That being said who knows how many configurations they may have for these wheels as the also have them on the TRX. At any rate, anything Between 4.5” and 5” BS is good.
Sponsored