XPEL over Rubicon Decals

Trdogs55

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Can you upload pictures of the decals with the XPEL film? How did it look?
Sponsored

Masala

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara - Mojito!
Occupation
CCP
I just dropped mine off today for Xpel and front window tint... Will post pics when I get it back on Wednesday.

Matt_35

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Here's mine. I didn't get whole coverage as the installer suggested that's where you're going to get any abuse which I thought made sense.
Hood - Partial (till the highest point)
Grill - Whole
Fenders - Partial (half way to the top)
Hinges - bought it from someone here on the forum.
Headlights (for free) and some area under the windshield

Since the Rubicon letters are matte (black letters, red around are glossy) and the PPF was glossy so it's noticeable when you look closely (as you see in the picture or someone who's looking for it) but honestly it doesn't bother me and most people won't even notice it. Same for the parting line as well, you've to see it closely as it blends well with the glossy paint.

all.jpeg

b.jpeg

C.jpg

fendercut.jpeg

Sponsored

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I gotta ask. I have protective film (not sure which one) on the front of my RV. Its about 5 years old and it looks horrible from all the mildew that is growing under the film. And this is not unique to my particular film, seems to happen to all of them. I’d be concerned about the same thing showing up with these films.

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
@Matt_35 did you get the headlights covered? I’ve been told they are too curved for a good result.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
I gotta ask. I have protective film (not sure which one) on the front of my RV. Its about 5 years old and it looks horrible from all the mildew that is growing under the film. And this is not unique to my particular film, seems to happen to all of them. I’d be concerned about the same thing showing up with these films.
I have Xpel on my 2012 Lincoln MKX, thats 7 years now. Nothing like that happened to me.

Matt_35

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Matt_35 did you get the headlights covered? I’ve been told they are too curved for a good result.
They're perfectly fine and you could hardly know if it's there. I've marked it where it ends (about 1/2" less then the total glass) but not at all noticeable. The glare or lines/circle you see are just the reflection from inside and outside.
hd.jpg
hd.jpg

Matt_35

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had it on my 4Runner for 4 yrs (bumper and partial hood) and no air bubble or discoloration at all even after many washes. I think the key is the installation and the PPF you use. I'm not sure if it was XPEL as it came preinstalled but worked out great.

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
They're perfectly fine and you could hardly know if it's there. I've marked it where it ends (about 1/2" less then the total glass) but not at all noticeable. The glare or lines/circle you see are just the reflection from inside and outside.
hd.jpg
hd.jpg
Thanks, Matt.
Sponsored